DJI Fly app 1.5.4 for Mavic Air 2
1480 13 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,

I am new. I just purchased a used DJI Mavic Air 2. I am attempting to connect my phone to the RC & aircraft.  I downloaded the DJI Fly app from the DJI web page. The DJI FLY app does not have the 'connect aircraft' button, instead it only shows a 'connection guide' button. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

I downloaded the app from this URL: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly. Please point me in the right direction.
2022-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which mobile device are you trying to use the Fly App with?
2022-1-9
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-9 15:30
Which mobile device are you trying to use the Fly App with?

Mavic Air 2.  I hope that is what you are asking?
2022-1-9
Use props
alan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

Check your cable between your phone and the controller. You will also see that message if the controller isn't turned on.
2022-1-9
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

The controller is turned on,  I have checked & rechecked the cable between the phone and RC. I have tried 3 different phones. I am not sure what else to do. I am hoping it is user error and something that is easily correctable.
2022-1-9
Use props
alan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

I would be strongly in favor of opening a support call. Your symptoms suggest that there is no acknowledged connection between the phone and the controller. Can you connect to the controller via the DJI Assistance application on a desktop computer via the USB-C port at the bottom of the controller?
2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there basicworks. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please post a sample photo showing the error message that you are receiving please? Thank you.
2022-1-9
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

Attached is the pic from the phone. It shows 'Connection Guide' instead of 'Connect Aircraft'.  Mobile devices attempted: Pixel 3, SG20, Moto G7.
2022-1-10
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

basicworks Posted at 1-10 04:30
[view_image]

Attached is the pic from the phone. It shows 'Connection Guide' instead of 'Connect Aircraft'.  Mobile devices attempted: Pixel 3, SG20, Moto G7.

Sorry to ask, but have either read the manual or the connection guide ?
Because it seams that your drone and the RC have not been linked properly during the manufacturing,
but you can do as described in either of the manuals.
2022-1-10
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

MySky Posted at 1-10 07:27
Sorry to ask, but have either read the manual or the connection guide ?
Because it seams that your drone and the RC have not been linked properly during the manufacturing,
but you can do as described in either of the manuals.

I can fully operate the drone with the RC. It takes off, flies, and land without issue. I am just having issue connecting a phone.
2022-1-10
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

basicworks Posted at 1-9 17:55
The controller is turned on,  I have checked & rechecked the cable between the phone and RC. I have tried 3 different phones. I am not sure what else to do. I am hoping it is user error and something that is easily correctable.

Not sure why there is a difference, however there is a specific side of the USB-C cable that needs to be plugged to the RC.  It is the side with the little RC image on the end of the connector.  I have not tried to experiment with what happens if they are not connected the right way?  but the manual specifies that the end with the RC image on it needs to be plugged into the right hand side socket in the RC under the antenna, and the other end goes to the smart device.  Not sure if that was the problem, but really easy to check quickly.  Good luck!  
2022-1-10
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 1-10 13:15
Not sure why there is a difference, however there is a specific side of the USB-C cable that needs to be plugged to the RC.  It is the side with the little RC image on the end of the connector.  I have not tried to experiment with what happens if they are not connected the right way?  but the manual specifies that the end with the RC image on it needs to be plugged into the right hand side socket in the RC under the antenna, and the other end goes to the smart device.  Not sure if that was the problem, but really easy to check quickly.  Good luck!

Hello everyone. Thanks for the tips and advice. This issue is now partly resolved. I tried 3 different android devices and it did not seem to work. I tried an iOS device, relinked the RC & drone (as someone suggested above), and all is working. I tried to go back to an android device, but the issue resurfaces.  So far, it seems the issue is with my android devices.  

I am not ready to rule out 'user error' yet though.
2022-1-10
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

basicworks Posted at 1-10 13:49
Hello everyone. Thanks for the tips and advice. This issue is now partly resolved. I tried 3 different android devices and it did not seem to work. I tried an iOS device, relinked the RC & drone (as someone suggested above), and all is working. I tried to go back to an android device, but the issue resurfaces.  So far, it seems the issue is with my android devices.  

I am not ready to rule out 'user error' yet though.

Maybe  bad batch of USB-C to USB-C specific cables? Andriod uses those cables or the USB-C to Micro-USB depending on the vintage of device.

The iOS uses a different adaptor correct? The USB-C to Lightning adaptor?  That is about the only difference on the RC side of the equation.  
2022-1-10
Use props
basicworks
lvl.1

United States

I will have to get a new USB-C to USB-C cable and retest the android devices. Thank you again for your help.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules