iPad Pro not connecting to Air 2
2875 6 2022-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0oukqFlY6CO9
lvl.2

United States

iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd gen) used to connect to Air 2 with no issues. Now, for unknown reasons, it won’t connect. Been checking forums, have tried new cables (as suggested)-no luck. Someone suggested after Turning on Air 2 and controller plug in charging cable to controller. After doing this it does connect. The issue is it won’t connect unless I hook up charger cable to controller. Firmware, software issue??? Apparently, I’m not the only one with this issue,,,,
2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) from this DJI Link to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The iPad 12.9 uses iPadOS, which is similar to IOS but does require slightly different configuration for the Fly App on DJI's end or a bug in the recently released iPadOS.
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

But given that other DJI drones like the Mavic Mini and Air 2S do not work with the iPad12.9 it is more than likely a DJI issue.
2022-1-13
Use props
djiuser_0oukqFlY6CO9
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:00
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) from this DJI Link to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Tried this procedure before with no luck. Just deleted and reinstalled Fly app. Won’t connect to iPad Pro unless I plug in to charge controller. Can successfully connect to iPad Air (software version 12.5.5), and iPhone 12 Pro Max using lightning cable with no issues.
2022-1-14
Use props
djiuser_0oukqFlY6CO9
lvl.2

United States

Any suggestions??
2022-1-18
Use props
Ferdus
New

Argentina

Im having exactly the same issue with my mavic air 2 on my ipad pro. It used to work perfectly but suddenly its not working anymore. after reading this post I tried to plug the power cable to the controller after turning on the drone and it does connect this way buy otherwise wont work. Any suggestion?
On my mobile phone with androids works with not issue using the same cable.
Thank you!
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules