RC Issues
1252 6 2022-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131138 ft
United States

I just received the Air 2S and I am having problems with the RC signal. Once I get 2900' away, even at 350' elevation, my signal goes from 4 white bars to 2 orange bars and I loose video feed. I use the map to fly back to within 2900' of my position and the video feed comes back. I live in a very flat rural area, 50'-75' tall trees with just houses. I have gone to 3 different locations in the county and have the same results. Battery levels in phone, drone and controller are all above 80%. I do not see any info on recommended setting for the transmission, so I have played around with them and get the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Auto, dual band has always provided excellent range for me. I also live in very rural area and have no issues. Check your settings.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mavie
lvl.1
United States

Mission XR Posted at 1-16 09:20
Auto, dual band has always provided excellent range for me. I also live in very rural area and have no issues. Check your settings.

I have had it set on dual band, still could only fly out to around 2900’. How far have you ventured out to and at what altitude? Thanks.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

I tested for you today. Pure sun flying 150' over farm land and only crossing country roads. At 5400 feet I turned around with all bars. I have no cell towers around the entire flight. I wasn't going to push my luck on battery due to the 33 degree temp. I normally don't fly more than 1/2 mile at most looking for wildlife on my property.
You may want to contact DJI online support. Something isn't right.
Keep us posted, good luck.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mavie
lvl.1
United States

Mission XR Posted at 1-16 16:22
I tested for you today. Pure sun flying 150' over farm land and only crossing country roads. At 5400 feet I turned around with all bars. I have no cell towers around the entire flight. I wasn't going to push my luck on battery due to the 33 degree temp. I normally don't fly more than 1/2 mile at most looking for wildlife on my property.
You may want to contact DJI online support. Something isn't right.
Keep us posted, good luck.

Thank you for the feedback, and good luck searching for wildlife! I will be calling DJI tomorrow. I appreciate the help!! Let you know what I find out. Something is not right, hopefully an easy setting.
Thanks again!
2022-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mavie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-1-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

" 50'-75' tall trees with just houses"

WiFi interference can do that. Someone in my neighborhood is using an illegal high-power WiFi setup to allow coverage for their RV/trailer park. I can't fly far past it before I get similar results. But if that is not the case in the multiple places you tested, maybe a hardware issue.
2022-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules