Yaw settings not saved
1581 7 2022-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShockrUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13110 ft
United Kingdom

I've searched the forums and seen similar posts, but I'd don't think these posts have the same findings as I've had.

I have been trying to get the yaw speed higher in sport mode, and so made the adjustments while the aircraft was powered on, however upon take-off, the settings had reverted.

Assuming I'd made an error, I went back into the advanced gimbal settings while the aircraft was airbourne and once again, changed the sport mode yaw speed. I also changed the yaw axis sensitivity for sport mode under advanced settings.

This worked fine.

I wanted to test if the app was resetting these values. So I exited the app while the Mini 2 was still in the air. The controls remained as I had set, so my assumption was that the aircraft or controller had stored these values in the same way it stores altered stick configurations.

I landed, so that the props stopped and then took off again, all without the DJI app running and somehow all the settings had once again been reset. I switched to sport mode and my yaw was back to default.

Can someone explain if these values are stored as defaults in the aircraft and that are reset on every landing/take-off?

Why can't I keep these yaw values set? Having to tweak them every time I take-off is so frustrating.

2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_1MqTFOcd7t59
lvl.2

United States

Hoping to bump this thread as I noticed the same issue on my Mini 2.  After changing the yaw speed it does not save after the next flight.
2022-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure but it shouldn’t Happen, but just to make sure you started craft and made adjustments to sport settings. Question: did you take off in sport mode? If you did try to do this your craft will revert to normal mode as you cannot take off in sport mode. So if your remote was set to sport it would actually still be in normal mode.
I could be wrong and you could have started in normal mode, so it would mean you actually do have a blip in your system. They’re many who don’t know that even if you have switch set to sport ATO your craft will automatically revert to normal mode.
2022-4-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Instead of using the back arrow on the app, touch the empty space to the left of the settings window.
2022-4-24
Use props
t0nno
lvl.1
Germany

I have to revive this thread. I have the exact same problem. Everytime I land the mini and start flying again, the advanced gimbal settings will be reset and it doesn't save my yaw-speed settings, no matter if I use the back-arrow or not and no matter which mode I change the settings for. Even after taking off and switching the fly-modes it still resets the settings. How to fix this? It's REALLY annoying. Does nobody else experience this issue?

Edit: I am using the standard controller.

2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_tx8WTSoGzRjA
New
United States

Just bought a Mini 2. Have this issue using the Fly app version 1.9.0. Having a hard time finding a solution...  Cannot believe it has existed for this long.  

Also, the FPV Mode camera view is not working. Is that a known issue as well?  I am using a Samsung Note 9.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_tx8WTSoGzRjA
New
United States

djiuser_tx8WTSoGzRjA Posted at 12-18 17:36
Just bought a Mini 2. Have this issue using the Fly app version 1.9.0. Having a hard time finding a solution...  Cannot believe it has existed for this long.  

Also, the FPV Mode camera view is not working. Is that a known issue as well?  I am using a Samsung Note 9.

(Update) the Yaw speed settings will reset mid-flight as well, every time it 'detects' the propeller guards, which I am currently using.  The default Yaw speed settings are so slow it makes the drone almost unusable.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_J6eCsAjIZxEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
United Kingdom

Having exactly the same problem with my mini 2...

It doesn't matter whether I change these settings in flight or grounded. The order in which is set up or power down the drone has no effect.

Anyone have any updates????
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules