DJI MINI 2 after firmware update not connecting
4327 9 2022-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MMJordaan
lvl.1
South Africa

Hallo, after I updated my firware my Mini 2 doesn't want to connect the remote control , it doesn't want toel go into pair mode. Is there any solution to this?

I Have tried connecting the drone to the PC with DJI Assistance 2 but my PC doesn't pick up the drone.

I have tried different cable and different usb ports I think it is the drone and the software

Is there a way to remove the update or to factory reset?

Please any help will be beneficial as I am relatively new to drones.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there. Sorry that you're having this issue. Could you please press and hold the power button of the aircraft until it beeps to enable the linking mode and wait for a while to see if they can pair successfully? If not, please provide us with a video of the linking process for our further confirmation.
2022-1-22
Use props
MMJordaan
lvl.1
South Africa

Hallo, I have tried putting the drone in pairing mode but it doesn't want to go into pairing mode, the drone also doesn't want to turn off. The only way that I get it to power down is by removing the battery or plugging it into the computer where the transfer light turns red and powers down. The computer also doesn't pick up the drone so I can't use DJI Assistant to help me.
This all happened after the firmware update.
I made a video of everything but I can't load them up to this site, do you have an email I can send it to?
The image is a snippit of what happens, the LED's all blink simultaneously and then stay on if I press and hold the power button.
2022-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MMJordaan Posted at 1-22 22:58
Hallo, I have tried putting the drone in pairing mode but it doesn't want to go into pairing mode, the drone also doesn't want to turn off. The only way that I get it to power down is by removing the battery or plugging it into the computer where the transfer light turns red and powers down. The computer also doesn't pick up the drone so I can't use DJI Assistant to help me.
This all happened after the firmware update.
I made a video of everything but I can't load them up to this site, do you have an email I can send it to?

Thanks for the video provided. Could you please try to pair them according to the tutorial below? And please note that you need to press and release and then press the power button again to turn off the drone.
2022-1-22
Use props
MMJordaan
lvl.1
South Africa

I have tried the tutorial but the drone doesn't want to go into pairing mode, I have uploaded the videos. The drone also doesn't power off if I press and release and press again, I have uploaded this video as well.
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MMJordaan Posted at 1-23 00:16
I have tried the tutorial but the drone doesn't want to go into pairing mode, I have uploaded the videos. The drone also doesn't power off if I press and release and press again, I have uploaded this video as well.

Thanks for the added videos. May I ask did you insert an SD card into the aircraft? If so, please unplug the SD card and try again to see if it works. You may also try to connect the remote controller to DJI Assistant 2 to see if there is an update available. If it still does not works, you may contact the seller or DJI support for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-1-23
Use props
MMJordaan
lvl.1
South Africa

I have tried it without the SD card and the same issue is still present
2022-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MMJordaan Posted at 1-23 04:45
I have tried it without the SD card and the same issue is still present

Sorry to know about this. In this case, you may contact the seller or DJI support for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-1-23
Use props
Bruzr
New
United States

If you are Using a iPhone 13 Pro or so, and in an Apple Case, the Phone Connector requires a bit of effort to plug-in the Phone to Controller Cord. I realized after two hours of grief, it was a simple firm push that was the key. This was My Experience…perhaps it might help people Out There…!!
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287060 ft
United States

Hey this exact same thing happened to me it was because the firmware on remote and in app got updated but the firmware on drone didn't you have to turn on drone an remote goninto app go into camera view select dji mini 2 then it will say failed link then bring up a firmware update that say firmware update less than one minute leave it till it connects to the drone once connected to back out of camera mode to the main start uppage an u will see a firmware update for dji mini 2 perform update an problem solved ur welcome

2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules