1372 7 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
em3ata
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hello guys,
I have a Phantom 2 standart,
My question is regarding Range extenders.
Which range do they extend - the video range or controller distance range ?
Also what frequency they are operating, as i want to use it for control distance extender ?

thank you.
2022-1-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hello,

Be advised - There's no such thing as a Phantom 2 standart.  Let's assume you are referring to a Phantom 2.  It's often called a "straight" phantom 2 to keep it from getting confused with the Phantom 2 Vision series.  

Have you read the manual for your straight Phantom 2?  Do that first - cover to cover.  Then read it again.  Take your time.  

Range extenders - and boosters - these are generic phrases referring to all sorts of devices which might "extend the range" of a radio signal. It could be any one of a lot of different antennas.  It could be an amplifier.  It could be a "windsurfer" type of parabolic antenna deflector.  In addition, DJI included a device with their P2 Vision series drones which they called a range extender - it was actually a relay device which re-transmitted and amplified the relatively weak wifi signal emitted from a phone or tablet.  

So, I think you need to include more info - after you read the manual.  Be sure you understand exactly which Phantom you own.  Try to be specific.  

Good luck
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there em3ata. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Range Extender s on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-1-24
Use props
em3ata
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-24 17:10
Hello,

Be advised - There's no such thing as a Phantom 2 standart.  Let's assume you are referring to a Phantom 2.  It's often called a "straight" phantom 2 to keep it from getting confused with the Phantom 2 Vision series.  

The thing is that I dont have the manual as is gift and i assume that it's lost.
IF this can help to identify it:
The model is P330Z
I has a zenmus h3-3d gimbal
And uses 2.4 ghz controller
2022-1-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Hi again,

Yeah that's a straight P2.  I saw your post on the other site.  I've never owned a straight P2 and know nothing about the zenmus gimbal other than very very few people use it these days.  That Immersion device you mentioned is an aftermarket product for the FPV which, I believe, should be 5.8 ghz so that it doesn't interfere with the controller freq.  And I believe its purpose is to relay the FPV signal while making it stronger.  So yes, it extends the range of FPV.  Without it, your FPV range would only be a few hundred feet at best.  As far as extending the range of the drone itself, the device won't help you, but you can do other things to extend the drone's flying range as mentioned above.  

To learn more about the Immersion device and that gimbal, you'd probably be best off searching and reading old 2014 posts on the other site.  Lots of great info there if you're willing to spend the time to tap into it.  And that's fine if you're a retired hobbyist who has time to burn and enjoy this kind of thing.

OTOH, if you just want the drone to work correctly and fly, you'd probably want to acquire something more up to date.  

Here is your user's manual and some other goodies.  Phantom 2 - DJI

Good luck!

2022-1-25
Use props
em3ata
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-25 04:16
Hi again,

Yeah that's a straight P2.  I saw your post on the other site.  I've never owned a straight P2 and know nothing about the zenmus gimbal other than very very few people use it these days.  That Immersion device you mentioned is an aftermarket product for the FPV which, I believe, should be 5.8 ghz so that it doesn't interfere with the controller freq.  And I believe its purpose is to relay the FPV signal while making it stronger.  So yes, it extends the range of FPV.  Without it, your FPV range would only be a few hundred feet at best.  As far as extending the range of the drone itself, the device won't help you, but you can do other things to extend the drone's flying range as mentioned above.  

Hello Mark,
Thanks for the great answer.
Just to clarify that i've understood right.
The range extender will help me only for signal from the FPV ?

Thanks for the links. I'll look into them
2022-1-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

em3ata Posted at 1-25 06:15
Hello Mark,
Thanks for the great answer.
Just to clarify that i've understood right.

Correct.  Good luck
2022-1-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a direct link to the DJI download page for the User Mnual and a host of other stuff:
https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/phantom-2
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules