two drones
365 1 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pugwashuk
New

United Kingdom

Hi, i got the mini 2 and registered the dji fly app with this new drone, I then got the chance of a used mavic air 2  so bought it.
Now today was fist flight test with the air 2 and went  through the updates all ok, took it out and used my iphone app (same one  that i use on the mini 2) and went flying with the controller that ame with the air 2, tried out as many functions  as I could to test everything and all went well. First battery got used  fairly quiclky but it was cold so not surprised.

Anyway I switched over to my mini 2, using my mini 2 contoller, to have some comparison shots, but  when I got home the images are all from the mini 2 flight and my  data/profile did not have the mavic air 2  showing, so although I did 6 flights with the air 2 non show and there  is no footage on the sim card of the air 2, I checked that the internal memory is not  being used as well, I may have deleted it by accident but I am not new to these types of things as I do a lot of photography and am used to handling sd cards large and small.

So all the footage from the air 2 is not there on the sim card nor on my profile? I have since checked the simcard is working ok and sine there was no footge I checked the formating works ok from the app to the air 2.

I now realise that I should add the 'device' ( the air 2) to my profile,  but when I first attached it the app recognised the air 2 ok yet the  footage on the sim card is the same as the footage from the miini 2?

Now I have registered the 'device' in my profile will it keep both flight data sets seperate?

Thanks
Bob
2022-1-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not had a problem with recording, by the same app, of logs from differing drones.
All I ever did was connect the drone to its controller and that controller to the phone and flew.
Unless the drone was new and needed activated I did not need to register anything. This may have changed with the new binding thing but I do not have drone's to which that is applicable or I do not have the relevant firmwares installed.
In profile and flight records the App can show the logs all mixed together or separated out into individual drones. Iif you download copies of the logs to storage then unfortunately the logs are all mixed together so if you then wish to separate them you have to open them, or record in a note book when you flew which drone, or work that out from the display in profile.
Opening current Fly-App-version logs for the more recent Fly-App-using drones/firmwares likely means using airdata or https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ .
2022-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules