RC Pro is it worth it?
2131 14 2022-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGuitar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374685 ft
Canada

Since the last firmware Update the RC Pro now support (officially!) the Air2s. Since I'm already a A2S owner, I'm debating if it's worth it. I was waiting the update before ordering, but since the price is a bit steep, I' debating the pros and cons..

1) I' m not a professional, but I am an advanced certified pilote here in Canada (equivalent of the Part 107 in the US).
2) I fly occasionally, at least once a week. (Maybe less in the colder days hop here!)

Pros :
- I can kee p my phone in my pocket, be having a dedicated controler.
- Less trouble and quicker to power up and connecting to the aircraft.
- Brigther display (in the winter, with the sun reflecting on the snow... Lot of light ousite on the clear days)

Cons :
- Cost over 1k$

On the fence:
- Not sure about the the stick begin on the top (the opposite of the RCN1)
- Is there really a better control with the new sticks?

So, are there any occasional flyers who can share there thought just to get me thinking going... and hopefully decide!

Thanks everyone!

Cheers from
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Im also on the fence with the RC Pro. I bought the 13 Pro Max because I bought the Mavic 3 and many have told me that the screen size for the 13 Pro Max and RC Pro is almost the same if not bigger bit, also the brightness on the iPhone is better than the RC Pro max. I don't like Android so not sure as yet myself if to get it or not.
2022-1-28
Use props
RGuitar
lvl.3
Canada

Suren Posted at 1-28 10:39
Im also on the fence with the RC Pro. I bought the 13 Pro Max because I bought the Mavic 3 and many have told me that the screen size for the 13 Pro Max and RC Pro is almost the same if not bigger bit, also the brightness on the iPhone is better than the RC Pro max. I don't like Android so not sure as yet myself if to get it or not.

Same place about the Android... I have a iPhone 12, get the job done, but would really like a dedicated controller... Thanks for your input!  
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

RGuitar Posted at 1-28 10:47
Same place about the Android... I have a iPhone 12, get the job done, but would really like a dedicated controller... Thanks for your input!

You're welcome mate. I am maybe going to get a tripletek tablet. Apparently its the best for drone flying with a much brighter screen but its not available in NZ so I am keeping an eye on that as well. Here the RC Pro costs $1699NZD so very expensive.
2022-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-28 10:53
You're welcome mate. I am maybe going to get a tripletek tablet. Apparently its the best for drone flying with a much brighter screen but its not available in NZ so I am keeping an eye on that as well. Here the RC Pro costs $1699NZD so very expensive.

The tripltek 8 is on sale right now for 795 USD.  Keep in mind that it is an android OS not iOS.  

I love the 12,200 mAh Battery, 8GB RAM / 256 GB Storage and SD card storage up to 1TB.  
2022-1-28
Use props
RGuitar
lvl.3
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 11:28
I love the 12,200 mAh Battery, 8GB RAM / 256 GB Storage and SD card storage up to 1TB.

Why would I need SD card on the RC Pro? I mean, What is it used for (the 256 should be able to handle the cache right?)?
2022-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 11:28
The tripltek 8 is on sale right now for 795 USD.  Keep in mind that it is an android OS not iOS.  

Link please
2022-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was on the fence about the smart controller,   but since getting one I have to say I really like the convenience of it.
2022-1-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cost alone put me right off getting the one for the Mavic 2 P/Z.
Regarding Android vs IOS, what practical difference does it make in use? You are not looking at the operating system when using the device as a screen, there may be some slight differences if the features available in the App that do stem from Android vs IOS but are they significant?
I have both IOS (5s) and Android (Samsung S6) screens for the FLY App and I do use the Android more, simply because the screens on the Androids are bigger. For me, a major plus for the Android is that I can install or reinstall any version of the App that I want, my understanding is that with IOS you are stuck with the currently available version. As such I can 'test' a version and if I do not like it I can go back to my old version.
2022-1-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Here you go.

TRIPLTEK.jpg
2022-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks mate
2022-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-29 03:42
Cost alone put me right off getting the one for the Mavic 2 P/Z.
Regarding Android vs IOS, what practical difference does it make in use? You are not looking at the operating system when using the device as a screen, there may be some slight differences if the features available in the App that do stem from Android vs IOS but are they significant?
I have both IOS (5s) and Android (Samsung S6) screens for the FLY App and I do use the Android more, simply because the screens on the Androids are bigger. For me, a major plus for the Android is that I can install or reinstall any version of the App that I want, my understanding is that with IOS you are stuck with the currently available version. As such I can 'test' a version and if I do not like it I can go back to my old version.

You can say I'm an iPhone fanboy I get every new iPhone when it comes out and have been since iPhone 6.
2022-1-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apple thanks you lol
2022-1-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I put one on order so I'll let you know how well it works out.  
2022-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 11:32
I put one on order so I'll let you know how well it works out.

Thanks for that.
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules