Care & Care+ support for mavic 2 Pro
540 4 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KegAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53835 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Two year old Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller; fantastic piece of kit
Year 1 I took out the Care package and year 2 I took the Care+ package, I cannot remember now why I went for the +, as it was around the same price, but either way I felt covered for any eventuality, and I while I did not the read all the fine print I saw nothing obvious about once bought you cannot buy anything else going forward.

Now at the start of another year I have no DJI reminder, so I have treid to purchase on line, without any sucess.

It turns out speaking with DJI now that Mavic 2 Pro is discontinued and I took out care+ I cannot get cover.

I spent £2,800 on a system two years ago that now transpires has NO upward compatabilty (apart from the SD cards) to the Mavic 3, SO the smart controlled, four batteris, multiple charger, ND filters - ect are all obsolete.

I am outraged and annoyed by this, it is almost that anyone who recently spent £2,000 + on the flagship drone prior to Mavic 3 launch, has now been denied support going forward, I understand that DJI has stopped production, but surely enagage with the customer there should be an overlap with Mavic 3 for a couple of years, also given nothing from Mavic 2 works with Mavic 3 !
There will be excess stock of parts otherwise those that bought Mavic 2 just 6 months ago and bough refresh cannot be supported.

I am in an email ping pong with DJI trying to get this resolved but I am furious !

IanS
2022-1-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are you surprised? When has there been compatibility between one generation of DJI product and the next? Was any thing from the Mavic Pro series compatible with the Mavic 2? Phantom X to Phantom X+1? Even when there is a slight evolution in a product e,g. Mavic Mini to Mini 2 what is compatible, only the batteries and charging hub I believe and only in one direction.
Was anything in your equipment marketed as long term forward compatible, there may have been suggestions that the smart controller had some forward compatibility but I would venture that the writing was on the wall with the arrival of the fly app. In terms of the controller, why would DJI want 'antiquated' equipment used with a Flag Ship piece of equipment, albeit a currently flawed flag ship.

Besides which
1)  if you are so upset with parts from an old model of drone being out of date why are you even contemplating something that does not or may not meet the pending class rules.
2) obsolescence seems to be the norm in high tech stuff.

Yes there is an argument that spares should remain available but have you tried to get a new genuine battery for a phone model that is 3 or 4 years old.

For the record I share some of your sentiments but the reality is forward compatibility was and is unlikely, so, am I surprised by the lack of it? Not in the slightest. Incompatibility is, in general, more money if DJI's bank accounts, put there by those who must have the latest brand new xyz. Me, the only new DJI drone I have bought was a Mavic Mini and that was bought some time after it was launched and on a compartively good offer from Curries, every other one is second hand.

2022-1-30
Use props
KegAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53835 ft
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-30 10:01
Why are you surprised? When has there been compatibility between one generation of DJI product and the next? Was any thing from the Mavic Pro series compatible with the Mavic 2? Phantom X to Phantom X+1? Even when there is a slight evolution in a product e,g. Mavic Mini to Mini 2 what is compatible, only the batteries and charging hub I believe and only in one direction.
Was anything in your equipment marketed as long term forward compatible, there may have been suggestions that the smart controller had some forward compatibility but I would venture that the writing was on the wall with the arrival of the fly app. In terms of the controller, why would DJI want 'antiquated' equipment used with a Flag Ship piece of equipment, albeit a currently flawed flag ship.

It is not so much of forward compatibility I am griping about, it is now the lack of discontinued care plans for myself for a couple of years
2022-1-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was it ever marketed as being available after years 2? That I saw it was ambiguous, you might have been able or might be able to  get it via the verification video route but I never looked into it. Besides have you ever used it? If not, is there any reason to suspect that you are more likely to need it in the future?
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ian, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just to clarify, DJI Care Refresh, no matter on Mavic 2, Mavic 3 or other DJI products, is supported a 2 years of coverage at most currently. Customer can choose to buy one year DJI Care Refresh or two years, however, after the second year of DJI Care Refresh expires, DJI Care Refresh does not support to be renewed.
Rest assured, we will keep providing customer and service support for Mavic 2. If you experience any issue and need a service, please send it back, we will help you out. We hope for your support.
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules