Panorama Test
531 10 2022-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

First test of the panorama mode, i only use the 9 frame wide .(i just dont like the 180 field of view)
firstly it appears to overlap way too much as the finished images are not even twice the width of a single frame .  i usually shoot manual 4 rows of 3 so get the extra width
and can compose with less sky.  the 50/50 split means cropping off the top to get a better composition were required (same as p4p )
it shoots really fast but have to wait ages until it finishes 100% to be able to move drone and shoot another set, this is stupid!

A straight forward pano merge in lightroom produced a curved horizon (in 2 out of 3 panorama sets) ,  i presume the built in lens correction in ligtroom is not very accurate.
stitching in PTGui produced a similar image with all stitching parameters ,but was easily corrected .
This was just a quick test with no specific composition or editing , had to size quite small to get under the 2gb upload limit

pano merge in lightroom

pano merge in lightroom

merged and straightened in PTGui

merged and straightened in PTGui
2022-1-30
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, sorry to change the subject, but as I see that you are in the UK I would like to know how  are you finding the GPS Lock performance.
How long does it take to acquire lock with the new firmware in the UK?
Thanks.
Allan
2022-1-30
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283901 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m based in Northern Ireland and my mavic 3 is taking up towards 3 mins in achieving at least 12 sats showing an all white feature prior to take off.
2022-1-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PtGui look to do a better job
2022-1-30
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

allanart Posted at 1-30 09:16
Hi, sorry to change the subject, but as I see that you are in the UK I would like to know how  are you finding the GPS Lock performance.
How long does it take to acquire lock with the new firmware in the UK?
Thanks.

today it took about a minute on the beach.  in my garden about 3 minutes     not anywhere as near what it was before update .
2022-1-30
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-30 09:39
PtGui look to do a better job

Yes it usually does.  i only use lightroom for speed to see if the pano works compositionally , anything complicated always use PTGUI and any that look good in initial lightroom stitch i re do properly
2022-1-30
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans766a742d Posted at 1-30 09:33
I’m based in Northern Ireland and my mavic 3 is taking up towards 3 mins in achieving at least 12 sats showing an all white feature prior to take off.

Its not good is it , as soon as homepoint updated i fly no matter how many satts are achieved, the number soon goes up when in the air quite fast
2022-1-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

goldenorfephoto Posted at 1-30 09:47
Yes it usually does.  i only use lightroom for speed to see if the pano works compositionally , anything complicated always use PTGUI and any that look good in initial lightroom stitch i re do properly

The cost of PTGUI cannot be justified for my occasional attempts. It has to be for serious users only.
2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice test!

A few bullet points of my personal experience thus far:

• Unlike 3x3 and 1x3, 180 and 360 always start with level position, thus avoiding horizon curvature effect in most editing tools.
  • While 3x3 and 1x3 can be useful on certain occasions, I personally find it much easier to take 180 (or even 360, if I have a lot of sky light all around) and then crop to my liking in post.
  • From what I have found, if you let it take all the captures and begin stitching (i.e. let it reach 50%), then you CAN actually move the drone. It would say it's aborting the process, but it would actually continue on the background, and it would not let you take any other picture until it finishes. Definitely not the best user experience, but is is what it is. Besides, if you are like me and always save the composing DNGs for the actual post-processing later, why would you even care, they are already there. My only wish here is for DJI to allow us just to take the pictures and NOT make us wait for stitching if the intention to make the stitching in post anyway.

Thanks for sharing, keep flying, keep shooting!
2022-1-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there goldenorfephoto. Good day and thank you for posting these cool photos you have captured. Great work and have a nice day. .
2022-1-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks great!
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now