DJI Go 4 No Longer Working
6308 20 2022-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyboykwj
lvl.1
United States

[size=15.008px]Hello everyone,
[size=15.008px]I have used DJI Go 4 on both my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S7) and phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e) multiple times over the past several months to fly. I tried two days ago and I could not get a connection to the UAV (DJI P4 Pro v2) using either one. I tried all the usual tricks to no avail.
[size=15.008px]What I am noticing is when I try to open DJI Go 4, the opening screen shows up for about a half-second, then dissappears and the app never opens. It does show up in the running apps, but when you select it from that screen, it exhibits the same behavior as on a fresh start-up (i.e. doesn’t open).
[size=15.008px]My tablet says it’s running Android 12.0 and says it was updated on January 21st. My phone also says it is running Android 12.0 and says it was updated on January 19th.
[size=15.008px]I’m suspecting that these Android update have messed up the DJI app but don’t know for sure. Can anyone help? I’m pretty much stuck until I get this figured out.

2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there flyboykwj. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if there will be changes. Upon checking these mobile devices ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Samsung Galaxy S10e ) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that these mobile devices are still not yet recommended for the DJI Go 4 application and as of the moment. There is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Samsung Galaxy S10e will be able to work with the said DJI applications. However, since it is not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said DJI applications will work when in use. DJI suggest for you use the recommended device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-1-31
Use props
Veeber
New
Greece

Hi there,

Same thing happen to me on an iphone X. When I updated to IOS 15 the DJI GO 4 app stopped working
On the description says that's compatible, that's why ive update my mobile.
And now unfortunately i cannot fly the drone
Is there any solution to this?

Regards

2022-2-5
Use props
djiuser_ZemH6rDKiJDl
New

Canada

same thing with my galaxy note 10+
2022-2-6
Use props
EdSelby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9416 ft
United States

Same - Google Pixel 5

I did find that downloading the app from the DJI app page (not the OS store) works - almost as if the store versions are outdated or missing information
2022-2-6
Use props
siroismi
lvl.1
Canada

I also have not been able to fly my Mavic 2 Pro since I bought a Pixel 6  I would like to know from DJI if they are working on this incompatibility, or if it is a lost cause for me with this phone and DJI GO4?
2022-2-19
Use props
Jim Jkt
New

Indonesia

EdSelby Posted at 2-6 10:48
Same - Google Pixel 5

I did find that downloading the app from the DJI app page (not the OS store) works - almost as if the store versions are outdated or missing information

Thanks!  Your solution works.  Amazing how long DJI has allowed the faulty version to remain on Playstore.  Am using Samsung Galaxy Z fold3 with Android 12.0 with no problem now.
2022-2-22
Use props
sharktripdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6946 ft
United States

Not working for me, Galaxy S21, app started then crashed.  uninstalled, restarted, downloaded fresh copy from dji web site, installed, restarted again..  still just getting a quick splash and it closes.
Samsung Galaxy S21 5G SM-G991U
Android 12 G991USQU5CVDB as of May 19 2022
DJI GO 4 1632910674477-DJI-v4.3.46_210928-1115-36626_official_sec
2022-5-23
Use props
Giovanni_Brazil
lvl.1

Brazil

Same problem here Poco X Pro with Android 11, also with an Redimi Note 7. Every time I try fly with my Mavic 2 Zoom is a nightmare.
2022-5-23
Use props
Oli11
New

Germany

Same Problem with Samsung S20+ and DJI Mavic Air
2022-5-24
Use props
sharktripdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6946 ft
United States

sharktripdan Posted at 5-23 09:14
Not working for me, Galaxy S21, app started then crashed.  uninstalled, restarted, downloaded fresh copy from dji web site, installed, restarted again..  still just getting a quick splash and it closes.

DJI seems to have too many issues, I'm going to try Litchi.  I can still run GO 4 on my old tablet to update the firmware if needed, at least for now.
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_mOOpggkqWdpb
lvl.1

United States

sharktripdan Posted at 5-23 09:14
S21 Ultra. After a few emails back and forth to support, i received this communication:

Dear customer,

Thanks for getting back to DJI Technical Support.

We have finally got the result from our relevant team as the following for your reference:

The initial positioning is the compatibility issue with Samsung processors and Android 12. You can try to open the location information, close the network, clear the App cache to see if you can temporarily open the DJI GO 4 App, if it still doesn't work, you can only wait for the new DJI GO 4 App to be released (a new version is planned, expected in June), or replace it with another mobile phone device to try.

Your understanding and support will be much appreciated.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,

Fred
2022-6-13
Use props
Felipe Serrano
New
Flight distance : 53743 ft

Argentina

Same problem with Samsung S20 FE and DJI GO 4 for Mavic 2 PRO
2022-8-14
Use props
MartinRJ
lvl.1
Germany

Same problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ / Android 12.
It appears the apps are not working yet with Android 12.
Some dude on Youtube says for him they worked after a factory reset of the phone, but I can't do that, installing and setting up everything takes a day.
2022-8-21
Use props
fans6b1653b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75190 ft
United States

Same problem with the Galexy S22+  
The drone did fly once with the app but now won't.  
I paid a lot of money for both my drone and my app.  
It should be working.
2022-8-31
Use props
fans6b1653b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75190 ft
United States

djiuser_mOOpggkqWdpb Posted at 6-13 18:55
S21 Ultra. After a few emails back and forth to support, i received this communication:

Dear customer,

Mine is not working either.  When will the new app be released?
2022-8-31
Use props
VladC
New
Flight distance : 49 ft
Romania

I'm using a Sony XPERIA III (android 12) with a Mavic AIR drone. It worked fine until a few days ago when the app starts just for a split second. It flashes something and dies . I downloaded the latest version from DJI and i get the same result .
I payed good money for a product I can no longer use !
This, plus the battery bull**** for MAVIC AIR makes me run as far as i can from DJI when I'll purchase my next drone.
2022-9-5
Use props
Invisibleman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7326 ft
United States

Same problem Motorola Edge 2021.  Android 11 worked normally so it's not phone compatibility issues.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled latest DJI APK.  Same problem.  Opens very briefly (a flash) and shuts.
2022-9-8
Use props
Invisibleman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7326 ft
United States

Success !!  After waiting for about 30 minutes, the DJI support chat provided an early release APK if the Go4 app that works perfectly on my Android 12.
But they wouldn't say when it would be posted in the download section of the site.  But if you do the same thing I did, and don't mind waiting I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
2022-9-8
Use props
dhuff44gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35315 ft
United States

For DJI Go 4 v4.3.48, please try this one: https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/mgQj4Xn6rSFFZjS (password: dji123)

Just got that from going through a long chat, the person was great though and fixed all my issues.  I'm using Android 12, Samsung 21+ and its working, even after closing app and reopening it.
2022-9-8
Use props
djiuser_5VHdGQfm5rZ8
New

United States

Just updated the DJI GO4 from the DJI download store.  Worked fine on my S21.  Opened and loaded and could see screen thru the DJI Phantom 4 pro camera..  No issue
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules