DJI Mini 2 Pics crashes Album on Samsung S21
2453 15 2022-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan Kameka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210394 ft
Canada

DJI Mini 2 Pics crashes Album on Samsung S21.  After I take pictures and download them to my Samsung S21 I go to look at them and when I click on a picture it opens for a few seconds then crashes to the camera screen.
2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dan Kameka. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out.  kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on your mobile device from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please save all important information and sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Could you tell me the firmware version of the DJI Fly? Please update to the latest version from our official website. Besides, please check that your phone's storage space is sufficient. If the problem persists, please let us know. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-1-31
Use props
crazEonEstylE
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue. DJI Fly app version 1.5.9. Could not transfer the pictures from the Mini 2 to my phone, so I pulled the SD card, put them on my PC, where I can view them, transferred to my S10 Plus.......crashes my gallery. Deleted the pictures I transferred, gallery works fine. Transferred an old image from the Mini 2 SD card......works fine. It is only images taken with the new update that seem to be the issue. Uninstalled the fly app, reinstalled the fly app, same results. Only way to successfully get them on my phone and not crashing the app was to upload them from my pc to Facebook, then save them from Facebook to my phone. Oddly enough the videos work just fine.
2022-2-3
Use props
Dan Kameka
lvl.1
Canada

crazEonEstylE Posted at 2-3 15:47
I am having the same issue. DJI Fly app version 1.5.9. Could not transfer the pictures from the Mini 2 to my phone, so I pulled the SD card, put them on my PC, where I can view them, transferred to my S10 Plus.......crashes my gallery. Deleted the pictures I transferred, gallery works fine. Transferred an old image from the Mini 2 SD card......works fine. It is only images taken with the new update that seem to be the issue. Uninstalled the fly app, reinstalled the fly app, same results. Only way to successfully get them on my phone and not crashing the app was to upload them from my pc to Facebook, then save them from Facebook to my phone. Oddly enough the videos work just fine.

I uninstalled the app.  Went to the site to download the app but I cannot install. How do I get the app to install on my phone again?
2022-2-8
Use props
Dan Kameka
lvl.1
Canada

I have downloaded the app many times but I cannot install it. When I click on the file it says "cannot open file".  Am I doing something wrong?  I have never had this problem before.  Since I don't have the app on my Samsung s21, I can't fly!!!!
2022-2-8
Use props
Dan Kameka
lvl.1
Canada

Dan Kameka Posted at 2-8 11:39
I have downloaded the app many times but I cannot install it. When I click on the file it says "cannot open file".  Am I doing something wrong?  I have never had this problem before.  Since I don't have the app on my Samsung s21, I can't fly!!!!

I was finally able to install the app by going to my download folder.  My gallery still crashes when I try to look at my dji pics.
2022-2-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dan Kameka Posted at 2-8 12:21
I was finally able to install the app by going to my download folder.  My gallery still crashes when I try to look at my dji pics.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please screenshot the system version of your phone and record a video of the issue and export the App log for us? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive. Thanks!
2022-2-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

crazEonEstylE Posted at 2-3 15:47
I am having the same issue. DJI Fly app version 1.5.9. Could not transfer the pictures from the Mini 2 to my phone, so I pulled the SD card, put them on my PC, where I can view them, transferred to my S10 Plus.......crashes my gallery. Deleted the pictures I transferred, gallery works fine. Transferred an old image from the Mini 2 SD card......works fine. It is only images taken with the new update that seem to be the issue. Uninstalled the fly app, reinstalled the fly app, same results. Only way to successfully get them on my phone and not crashing the app was to upload them from my pc to Facebook, then save them from Facebook to my phone. Oddly enough the videos work just fine.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please also screenshot the system version of your phone and record a video of the issue and export the App log for us? You may upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive. Thanks!
2022-2-8
Use props
fans26fb3c46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573678 ft
United States

Am having the exact same issues on my S22 Ultra and my s20 plus. I can view the photos in Google photos or the DJI gallery but not in the Samsung gallery.
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans26fb3c46 Posted at 3-14 17:57
Am having the exact same issues on my S22 Ultra and my s20 plus. I can view the photos in Google photos or the DJI gallery but not in the Samsung gallery.

Hi, there. Could you please tell me the firmware version of the DJI Fly? Besides, if it is convenient, could you please give me a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? You could upload it to Google Drive/ Dropbox, and post the link here. Thanks.
2022-3-14
Use props
DGAlex1971
lvl.1

Brazil

I had same issue and after some tests I figured that if I download photos manually by SDcard adapter and make any edit on photo, after editing I can open it on Gallery. I tried even just changing size decreasing it on 1 pixel and worked too, so the only changes that really is different and make any reason is: Metadata.  Every edition I made, clears Metadata then it's worked. Tomorrow I will try to ONLY clear Metadata of original file to see if keep working. If works the problem is some restriction on Samsung Gallery app and DJI files
2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DGAlex1971 Posted at 3-16 20:02
I had same issue and after some tests I figured that if I download photos manually by SDcard adapter and make any edit on photo, after editing I can open it on Gallery. I tried even just changing size decreasing it on 1 pixel and worked too, so the only changes that really is different and make any reason is: Metadata.  Every edition I made, clears Metadata then it's worked. Tomorrow I will try to ONLY clear Metadata of original file to see if keep working. If works the problem is some restriction on Samsung Gallery app and DJI files

Sorry for the issue you encountered. Please make sure the DI Fly is the latest version If the issue still exists, please provide us a video showing this issue for our further confirmation. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-3-16
Use props
djiuser_qiUcvV0Ghte4
New

United States

Same issue presents using pocket 2 and mimo app to download the photos.  Google Photos app loads, but samsung gallery crashes on s21.
2022-4-3
Use props
Dan Kameka
lvl.1
Canada

I just upgraded my phones software to 4.1 and it solved the issue.
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_qiUcvV0Ghte4 Posted at 4-3 08:15
Same issue presents using pocket 2 and mimo app to download the photos.  Google Photos app loads, but samsung gallery crashes on s21.

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. May I know the current version of the DJI Mimo app you are using? Please try to remove the original DJI Mimo app from your phone (note to back up the needed files e.g. videos before removing the app), and install the latest apk file from https://www.dji.com/ie/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo and try again. See if this helps.
2022-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules