Network connection required for authorization zone ... in Greenland!
1344 2 2022-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PAUi1DDfv5IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132113 ft
Greenland

I am in remote Arctic Greenland.  Internet is scarce.  I obtain an unlocking license with my accommodation's internet: I turn on the drone and connect the controller and DJI Fly whilst the internet is connected, and ensure the license is uploaded to the Air 2s.

Now I am in the field, miles from anywhere. My research zone is close to the heliport that I arrived at.  It's -17º plus a fair breeze; I need to get into the air quickly.
I go to take off and see:
  • "1 Authorization Zone(s) nearby. Unlocking license(s) obtained."

I agree to the 2 conditions and click unlock.
A message comes up saying
  • "Network Connection Required".

Aargh. I cannot fly into my research zone ... the zone I've unlocked for today ... the zone that the license for can be seen as "imported to aircraft".
If I then go through the menus to Unlock Geo Zones the message is that my account is not logged in.   
But it is; it sees that the aircraft is "binded" [their bad English, not mine!], my flight records, etc.

Double argh.

For years I gave up on DJI and flew a Parrot because they don't have these problems.  4 years later I trusted DJI to have sorted it out, but they haven't it seems.
I've logged in and out.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app (v.1.5.9) on my iPadOS and I'm running the latest firmware (02.04.2130) and FLySafe (01.00.01.25).

What is the solution to this?  I have to be able to fly near my research site at the heliport ... it's kind of why I travelled 15,000km to be here.  Not everywhere in the world has phone data available; that should go without saying.
Thanks,
Adam.
Greenland.

2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Adam. I am sorry for the trouble this has accused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to our DJI FlySafe Department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further. Agian, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_J9rHnZg129Za
New

Costa Rica

I have this exact problem in Costa Rica. I have internet at home to import the license to my Mavic Air 2. Once I go out to the beach in an Authorization Zone I have no internet. It says I'm "not logged in" and won't let me fly and use my authorization. Really disappointing. I'm doing precisely what I'm told and compliant with local laws but DJI is holding me back from flying. Strongly considering different brands that don't have these issues.
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules