Mini 2, Premature loss of signal with Dji 1.5.9
653 7 2022-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pablo Coacuterdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello my dear friends, necessarily and against my will I had to update to 1.5.9 because suddenly the previous versions of dji fly no longer worked, after updating my fears came true, the update came to complicate my day, in my Mini 2 now the range has decreased significantly and the signal loss is now greater, I tried version 1.4.12 for 5 minutes and it was worse and with some other bugs, does anyone know what can be done? , my phone has android 12. Thank you very much.
2022-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pablo Coacuterdobes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just go back to an older version,  most of the APKs can be downloaded from APKMirror.
2022-2-1
Use props
Pablo Coacuterdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 01:46
Just go back to an older version,  most of the APKs can be downloaded from APKMirror.

I tried it but for some reason when doing it it says "the package is not valid" and it does not allow me to go back to previous versions.
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Uninstall the current version first
2022-2-1
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Uninstall the current version, as above, and also go in and delete the "old cache" files for the app you just uninstalled.
Re-boot your device, and then try to reload the fly version you want to run....

This is exactly why I have not updated anything on my Gen I Mavic Pro in over 3 years.....
Still works as advertised...

2022-2-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I highly doubt the app on your phone has anything to do with the signal strength between your drone and the controller.  That would be a function of that hardware and the firmware that runs it, not the app on your phone.
2022-2-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

I updated to 1.5.9 and was actually able set a new personal record 1100 feet farther than my previous record.
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules