Question about Litchi and the Mini 2 and updating firmware.
1838 3 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ExtraGloves
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19537 ft
United States

Hey guys.  Just curious about something.  My Mini 2 has been hibernating for a little while.  I know sometimes we get new firmware updates that end up causing problems and some of us downgrade etc. Months ago I updated to new firmware and my drone was all buggy.  Downgraded back to 01.02.0300 and it was great.  My android app is still version 1.4.8.

How has the latest firmware and app version been?  Also is there any reason to not update the FlySafe Database?

But lastly the main reason for my post.  I just got the Litchi app and I'm excited to use it but I believe it said upgrade to the latest firmware to use it.  Is this true? Do you always have to use the current firmware to use the Litchi App?  Also is there any reason to use Litchi if you're not specifically using the following features or guided paths?  Like does it make anything else better (or worse) in regards to taking videos or pics and quality?

Basically, should I keep upgrading my firmware and fly the same app or just stick with what works?

Also, I assume using Litchi if something happens that wouldn't be covered by refresh?  Will they be able to tell if you were using Litchi or the regular app?  Basically, if I crash using the regular app but litchi has been used in the past will that void me?

Thanks!
2022-2-1
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I've been updated to the latest firmware and app for a while now with no issues at all.

I would suggest upgrading to the latest firmware and app as it would be most compatible with the SDK.
Crashing with the Fly app will not void the warranty even if Litchi has been used.
2022-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ExtraGloves. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used the said application. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been running the latest versions of the fly app as they are released and not had any issues,  Also Litchi works OK but some features are very buggy for me,    Active track doesn't work at all but follow the controller works great for an example.
2022-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules