2740 14 2022-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

Hi good folks
Its been a few years since i last posted, but now I have my new DJI mini 2 and love it.

I have one question that i cant seem to find an answer to. Not important, just an enquiry.
Is there a setting so that the video starts to record every time the drone takes off in the DJI fly app?

Cheers

Happy droning
Rep

2022-2-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, a pilot with an infallible memory. Lol.

Sorry couldn't resist, in truth there isn't. And you can bet your derrière that the flight on which you forget to press record would be the one to witness that once in a life time shot!
Similarly, with most drones, you have to manually stop the recording before you switch the drone off otherwise the recording is not closed properly. This is my most common mistake and often realised before the drone has shut down but you can not stop the shut down. The solution is to boot the drone let it do the gimbal dance etc, and then shut it down. However it does not always work.

2022-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rep. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above you have to manually start and stop the recording on the DJI Fly application before you switch off your DJI Mini 2 otherwise the recording will be corrupted. Welcome back and keep flying.
2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One option is to use Litchi,  it supports Mini2 and auto record.
2022-2-3
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:32
One option is to use Litchi,  it supports Mini2 and auto record.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I thought that might be the case.

I have never heard of Litchi, is this something new? Do people on here use and are happy with it? I might give that a go
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Repsolkid Posted at 2-3 00:38
Thanks everyone for the responses. I thought that might be the case.

I have never heard of Litchi, is this something new? Do people on here use and are happy with it? I might give that a go

Litchi is a 3rd party app that adds features not in the DJI apps like waypoints. Active track for the mini 2.  It is a paid for app though.
2022-2-3
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:44
Litchi is a 3rd party app that adds features not in the DJI apps like waypoints. Active track for the mini 2.  It is a paid for app though.

Yeah it looks very good. Just watched a few videos.
Doesn't look like the full release is available for the mini 2 until March / April?

Some of the tracking methods are so much better, using the controller as the object.
Waypoints looks very good
2022-2-3
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you do purchase Litchi (which I recommend also) be aware that they charge you by the OS type you download. So if you purchase the iOS version and then switch to an Android device you will have to purchase Litchi again. They won't let you buy 1 copy and then put it on multiple OS's. Just a heads up.

Good luck and enjoy.
2022-2-3
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 2-3 10:18
If you do purchase Litchi (which I recommend also) be aware that they charge you by the OS type you download. So if you purchase the iOS version and then switch to an Android device you will have to purchase Litchi again. They won't let you buy 1 copy and then put it on multiple OS's. Just a heads up.

Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks
Thats good advice. I am an Apple knob thru and thru so I should be ok
Cant wait to use it
2022-2-3
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Just place a label someplace that you can see that reads:

"Are you recording yet?"

I have that on my tabby, and I have never missed a shot since.
2022-2-3
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 2-3 12:11
Just place a label someplace that you can see that reads:

"Are you recording yet?"

Is "tabby" code for something else??

I failed today, flying for ages before I realised I forgot the record button. Annoying as I sent her out on a specific mission to record something...Doh!!
Back she went once I realised!
2022-2-3
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Repsolkid Posted at 2-3 12:14
Is "tabby" code for something else??

I failed today, flying for ages before I realised I forgot the record button. Annoying as I sent her out on a specific mission to record something...Doh!!

Tabby, as in tablet....
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Repsolkid Posted at 2-3 08:40
Yeah it looks very good. Just watched a few videos.
Doesn't look like the full release is available for the mini 2 until March / April?

Depends on the platform,  full release for Android/Smart controller etc is out,  IOS will come as soon as DJI release the SDK.
2022-2-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I'm using Litchi here with my Mavic Air 2 and I quite like it. It also supports 32-bit devices which DJI Fly does not. And also waypoints and map orbit is pretty great!
2022-2-4
Use props
HaroldH
New

Ukraine

Interesting post thank you
2022-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules