Waypoint
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where does the actual waypoint live?Meaning is it on the app or does it marry with the drone you created it on?
or a little of both.

I am asking because:
I created a waypoint with my dji go 4 and mavic 2 pro.
If I were to buy another mavid 2 pro would the same waypoint work for new bird?

I am flying a repeatable route and it will be flown over the course of 18 months. I would hate for something to happen to drone and then I was not able to repeat the flight.

Does that make sense?

will the waypoint carry on to another drone?
TIA

2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro can execute the mission after connection to the controller is lost as the entire mission is uploaded to the drone,  all the other consumer drones only support whats called virtual sticks where the controller sends the commands as it executes the mission,  any loss of connection will then trigger your RTH settings.   For the mavic 2 pro the file that stores the waypoints in the go4 app is called waypoints.db and can be edited manually with a SQLlite editor.
2022-2-3
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:20
Mavic 2 Pro can execute the mission after connection to the controller is lost as the entire mission is uploaded to the drone,  all the other consumer drones only support whats called virtual sticks where the controller sends the commands as it executes the mission,  any loss of connection will then trigger your RTH settings.   For the mavic 2 pro the file that stores the waypoints in the go4 app is called waypoints.db and can be edited manually with a SQLlite editor.

Thank you, and In Laymans terms can I transfer the waypoints to another mavic 2 pro?  Should I save the waupoints.db onto a computer to be safe.

Thank you for your response.
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chainmon Posted at 2-3 04:17
Thank you, and In Laymans terms can I transfer the waypoints to another mavic 2 pro?  Should I save the waupoints.db onto a computer to be safe.

Thank you for your response.

Always a good idea to save the waypoints file if you want to be safe.
2022-2-4
Use props
sala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27185 ft
United States

DJI refuse to add waypoints on any of their drones any more . I guess we dont pay enough of money ha ?  on top of lousy support I'm sorry i bought a DJI drone it wont happen again
2022-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules