choppy video
1462 8 2022-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0quaObtCvEny
lvl.1
United States

I am ecstatic about my first few flights with my DJI FPV. The first 2 videos I took worked well when I loaded them into my Macbook and opened them with iMovie. The following videos begin smoothly but seem to jump frames after about 10sec. of viewing. Is there a setting I messed up?
2022-2-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe a bad/slow sd card?
2022-2-3
Use props
Jim B
lvl.1
United States

Maybe. Things not to buy the cheapest available.....O2, parachutes and SD Cards !
Thank you,
2022-2-3
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried viewing it on a PC just rule out an iMovie issue?
2022-2-3
Use props
Jim B
lvl.1
United States

Good thinking. I have one available at the local Library.
Will do and report back.
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jim B.  for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different supported microSD card to see if the issue will persist and kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.

2022-2-3
Use props
Jim B
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Stephen. I upgraded to 2 ScanDisks ImageMate Pro microSDXC UHS-i Card. I initialized both and it seemed to create a smooth video.
Great idea. You get what you pay for with cheap electronics and memory cards.
2022-2-4
Use props
Jim B
lvl.1
United States

I solved the choppy (lagging) video problem !!!!
After getting about 100 opinions by watching YouTube videos.....I watched one on GoPro choppy videos. The author recommended changing the format from H265 to H264. I kept the 4K and 60fps. It worked. The H264 is for "older" computers. I guess my MacBook Pro is now officially old.
2022-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jim B Posted at 2-6 08:00
I solved the choppy (lagging) video problem !!!!
After getting about 100 opinions by watching YouTube videos.....I watched one on GoPro choppy videos. The author recommended changing the format from H265 to H264. I kept the 4K and 60fps. It worked. The H264 is for "older" computers. I guess my MacBook Pro is now officially old.

Good to hear!
2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules