Power module charge gone overnight?
2240 8 2022-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yesterday I received my Action 2 with power module.  After setting it up and installing the latest firmware etc I made sure it was fully charged.  I switched it off and put it away.  
Today I switched it on and it reports that the power module charge is almost zero.  

It also reports that there is no SD card inserted but it's there. It recognised it ok yesterday.  Ejecting and re-inserting the SD card makes no difference.

Any suggestions - what have I done wrong etc ?

John
2022-2-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Make sure the contacts are clean - and factory reset - otherwise, sadly it sounds like a lemon...
2022-2-5
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-5 13:18
Make sure the contacts are clean - and factory reset - otherwise, sadly it sounds like a lemon...

Thankyou Fansfe......  I did a reset.  Just for clarification.  Both the main module and the power module were at 100% when I turned the camera off.   When I turned it on in the morning the main module was at 100% and the power module at 10%.  It was as if the main module was still active overnight and was being topped up by the power module.  With the modules disconnected, they both retain a full charge.  Would the wi-fi have been running perhaps?  Is there an option the turn it off when not running updates etc?
As you will probably guess, I have only just purchased the Action2 although I do have an Osmo Pocket so I'm used to DJI to a small extent.
2022-2-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What you describe was a problem fixed in the latest firmware - might be worth double checking that the firmware did update properly - there's an option in settings to display the installed version.
2022-2-5
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-5 18:35
What you describe was a problem fixed in the latest firmware - might be worth double checking that the firmware did update properly - there's an option in settings to display the installed version.

Checked and it does appear to be the latest version - correct number and all the latest enhancements.
2022-2-6
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I tried some test footage in good light and the image is soft.  I have other DJI cameras and they are pin-sharp in comparison.  I'm guessing faulty lens or misalignment.  Have arranged a return with Amazon but will re-order.
2022-2-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I had one instance of the Action 2 recording a 4K clip that looked worse than 1080p - my guess was that I'd accidentally used the zoom function.  Or it could have been a hiccup caused by attempting to use the Mimo app with it, which no longer works on any of my phones (Android or iOS) with the Action 2.
2022-2-6
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-6 15:04
I had one instance of the Action 2 recording a 4K clip that looked worse than 1080p - my guess was that I'd accidentally used the zoom function.  Or it could have been a hiccup caused by attempting to use the Mimo app with it, which no longer works on any of my phones (Android or iOS) with the Action 2.

No zoom was used in these 'soft' Action 2 clips.   Checked against my Action One side by side and no comparison.  Definitely a fault.  Returning to Amazon but will re-order as I like the facilities on Action 2.   Guess I was just unlucky with this one.
2022-2-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think this video shows the available level of detail in 4K pretty well - I didn't do anything to it in the editor - check your next one against this, if you wish!

2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules