So disappointed with the mavic 3
4093 34 2022-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

I know research is key... But i was SO happy with my MAVIC 2 PRO... it just brought the Mavic 3 Pro today on a decent sale with the fly more kit included..

I had some maping to do..

No im not a professional - I have my licence but I just do not for profit stuff for the experaince - I dont charge for my work, the only bills i send out are the software costs...

I was SOOOO key to watch the mavic 3 scoot around and do my map for me..

Nope.. and from what i can see its not coming...

So I guess I will be going back to my mavic or phantom.. what a shame..

why would you not ensure the mavic 3 at least has the base line features that the mavic 2 has..
2022-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems the consumer drones will only support virtual stick autonous functions going forward.   So when the SDK is released it will be capable.
2022-2-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:15
Seems the consumer drones will only support virtual stick autonous functions going forward.   So when the SDK is released it will be capable.

social media is saying SDK isnt coming for the mavic 3... It will only be for the professional series..

To bad the pro series drones dont fit in your backpack... the reason I use the mavic 2 and now the 3, Is i can put it on my backpack climb hills/walk trails  ect..

DJI I really hope this is not true.. I am very close to stepping into the professional space, My state grant is very close to being approved. Stepping well over the 100k mark to spend on equipment... If this isnt fixed before my grant is approved, I will not even consider DJI again moving forward.
2022-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-8 00:26
social media is saying SDK isnt coming for the mavic 3... It will only be for the professional series..

To bad the pro series drones dont fit in your backpack... the reason I use the mavic 2 and now the 3, Is i can put it on my backpack climb hills/walk trails  ect..

On the SDK git hub site DJI said it would be late this year.
2022-2-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 00:15
Seems the consumer drones will only support virtual stick autonous functions going forward.   So when the SDK is released it will be capable.

thanks for you info,

(I saw the other post also)

Could you please elaborate on what you mean "consumer drones will only support VSA functions going forward ?

For ease of explanations.

How will it compare to what the MAVIC 2 Pro currently has VS what the Mavic 3 pro will get ?
2022-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-8 00:49
thanks for you info,

(I saw the other post also)

Mavic 2 Pro supports native waypoints,  the software uploads the route and the mavic executes it,  if you loose connection to the remote the Mavic2 will continue its mission (assuming you set that in the options) with virtual sticks the remote has to be connected all the time as the remote is sending the commands to the drone to fly it remotely.   No consumer drone since the Mavic2 has supported proper waypoints.
2022-2-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 23:22
Mavic 2 Pro supports native waypoints,  the software uploads the route and the mavic executes it,  if you loose connection to the remote the Mavic2 will continue its mission (assuming you set that in the options) with virtual sticks the remote has to be connected all the time as the remote is sending the commands to the drone to fly it remotely.   No consumer drone since the Mavic2 has supported proper waypoints.

Thank you so much for explanation..

Sucks for sure… i paid nearly 8k for my mavic 3… Is BS i need to keep my mavic 2 just so i can do pocket mapping ..

Im sorry i cant carry a flipping matrice around DJI.. sometimes its not just about the features..

Im very confident i will be returning this drone.. over 8,000 AUD and to find this out..
2022-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-10 03:43
Thank you so much for explanation..

Sucks for sure… i paid nearly 8k for my mavic 3… Is BS i need to keep my mavic 2 just so i can do pocket mapping ..

The same was true when the Mavic 2 launched,  it didnt have all it features for a few months.
2022-2-11
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I just hate the direction this is going. Virtual Sticks, really, on a $2500 drone? Some of my small $200 drones have real waypoints, and DJI brings a drone that is $2500 and it doesn't even have that.
Virtual Sticks are not even close to what real waypoints can do!
You're scamming customers that are new to drones, they think that because they pay twice as much for the Mavic 3 they will get twice as many features, but that's clearly not the case!
Please bring waypoints (and some other mavic 2 features back). I guess if you do so then your mavic 3 sales will increase eventually, so it's just a benefit for DJI!

What do you think?
2022-2-11
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-11 00:52
The same was true when the Mavic 2 launched,  it didnt have all it features for a few months.

Yes, But your saying Waypoints is not coming for the Mavic 3..

I have no issues if its not out yet.. but its coming.. thats fine

But to be told they wont be released waypoints to the MP3.. well thats discusting..

I have emailed them asked for clarity, If its not coming I have also request approval to return the drone for a full refund..

at the current time with the exception of the extended battery life (very impressive btw)... the Mavic 3 is pretty a downgrade in every way for what I use it for..

I do small scale mapping of hiker camp sites where access is only via foot.. Im not putting a matrice on my back because DJI think Way points is "pro" feature on there professional drones only..
2022-2-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your disappointment in the Mavic 3 is shared.  It is definitely not the best rollout of product I have ever seen.
2022-2-11
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

I will make sure this post stays up the top.

I know for a fact now that WAYPOINT is technically possible with the Mavic 3 …
2022-2-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Renames Posted at 2-15 03:59
I will make sure this post stays up the top.

I know for a fact now that WAYPOINT is technically possible with the Mavic 3 …

So many challenges with this drone, but I think they will end up getting it sorted.  It is a test of patience.
2022-2-15
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 2-15 08:14
So many challenges with this drone, but I think they will end up getting it sorted.  It is a test of patience.

I really hope..

From a hardware point of view the drone is performing well..

But red tape is has turn a amazing drone into a overpriced toy…

All the need to do a release the SDK, and make pilots sign a waiver..

Any pilot that takes advantaged of the SDK to use with any 3rd party tools waives your rights to all consumer protection and/or fly away protection ect..

Hell even if they added a administration fee to gain access to the SDK….I dont care

Just release the SDK
2022-2-15
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Just my daily bump to keep this on top.. I will be doing this until the SDK is released
2022-2-16
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Please release the SDK
2022-2-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Renames Posted at 2-17 03:36
Please release the SDK

You'll just have to be patient.
The SDK always takes several months after the drone is released.
2022-2-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-17 04:16
You'll just have to be patient.
The SDK always takes several months after the drone is released.

@DAFlys and @ Labroides, I was not active in the drone community when the M2 was new.  What kinds of things were missing from the M2 at launch?
2022-2-17
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Everything litchy can do but
2022-2-19
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Any updates
2022-2-28
Use props
ardigunawan
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi, I'm currently interested in buying a Mavic 3, but after reading this thread I'm confused whether I can do mapping with this drone?
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ardigunawan Posted at 3-2 02:48
Hi, I'm currently interested in buying a Mavic 3, but after reading this thread I'm confused whether I can do mapping with this drone?

At the moment you can't.
You won't be able to do mapping until:
1.  DJI release the SDK for the M3
2.  The mapping app makers update their apps to support the M3

That might be months away.
2022-3-2
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Antarctica

ardigunawan Posted at 3-2 02:48

No.. and if DJI won’t release the SDK, we wont be unable to..
2022-3-2
Use props
The_Gregors
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just about to purchase a Cine version when I learned of the lack of SDK support.  I need to be able to use DroneDeploy and other 3rd Party Apps.  I wonder how many people have $5,000 USD and are waiting to give it to DJI, but are holding off because we don’t know what DJI plans on supporting or when.  Perhaps we need to wait for the Inspire 3, and it’s huge price increase for “Pro” features.  Those ORANGE drones are looking more interesting everyday.  
2022-3-3
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Antarctica

The_Gregors Posted at 3-3 05:22
I was just about to purchase a Cine version when I learned of the lack of SDK support.  I need to be able to use DroneDeploy and other 3rd Party Apps.  I wonder how many people have $5,000 USD and are waiting to give it to DJI, but are holding off because we don’t know what DJI plans on supporting or when.  Perhaps we need to wait for the Inspire 3, and it’s huge price increase for “Pro” features.  Those ORANGE drones are looking more interesting everyday.

Yup, I am returning mine as soon as im out of isolation… I wont be considering buying from DJI again until the SDK is released..
2022-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The_Gregors Posted at 3-3 05:22
I was just about to purchase a Cine version when I learned of the lack of SDK support.  I need to be able to use DroneDeploy and other 3rd Party Apps.  I wonder how many people have $5,000 USD and are waiting to give it to DJI, but are holding off because we don’t know what DJI plans on supporting or when.  Perhaps we need to wait for the Inspire 3, and it’s huge price increase for “Pro” features.  Those ORANGE drones are looking more interesting everyday.

I need to be able to use DroneDeploy and other 3rd Party Apps. ...  Those ORANGE drones are looking more interesting everyday.  
Do your research first.
Your orange drones aren't supported by DroneDeploy either:
https://help.dronedeploy.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004964842-Recommended-and-Supported-Drones

And why waste money on the cine version for mapping?
2022-3-3
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

So the SDK might be coming ? if they released for AIR2S ?
2022-3-11
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Antarctica

331 views, need more
2022-3-13
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Still not SDK
2022-3-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

And if it takes as long as it has for other models, it could be a few more months.
This thread won't do anything to speed that up.
2022-3-15
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-15 02:12
And if it takes as long as it has for other models, it could be a few more months.
This thread won't do anything to speed that up.

I can try can i not
2022-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Renames Posted at 3-29 05:46
I can try can i not

Sure ... but don't expect to achieve anything
2022-3-29
Use props
Richk UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5112 ft
United States

The Autel Evo2 isn't supported by Drone Deploy as far as I know , but Autel does have built in mapping software in their app. You don't have to buy anything extra. I bought the Mavic 3because everyone wants things done on DJI, but it appears it was a waste of money and should go back. I'll keep fling orange
2022-9-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Richk UAV Posted at 9-8 04:19
The Autel Evo2 isn't supported by Drone Deploy as far as I know , but Autel does have built in mapping software in their app. You don't have to buy anything extra. I bought the Mavic 3because everyone wants things done on DJI, but it appears it was a waste of money and should go back. I'll keep fling orange

Certain apps like Dronelink are expanding their support beyond DJI.  I would really like DJI to do the right thing and get the SDK published for the M3, and others.
2022-9-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Meh - I returned my M3 for a full refund..

Wont be rushing for another DJI product in the future..

My mavic 2 pro fits my needs
2022-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules