OM5 app installer installs into Peugeot App
1369 16 2022-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Hi, I need to know if you can help that I can install the OM5 app, otherwise I will return the OM5 to Amazon.

I'm on a Pixel 4 XL, which is supported.

I can download the installation file, get the "can't install" messages as described by the others. When I go do "Downloads" in Chrome mobile, to manually start the installation, and click to install, it opens the "My Peugeot" App for my E-Peugeot. and tries to install the file into this app. I then get an Error Message inside the Peugeot App "Erreur, Echec de l'importation" (It's in French, of course)

I tried to pause/deactivate the Peugeot app, and then double click the download. I get the message that "MyPeugeot is paused for the rest of the day".

I guess I would have to completely deinstall the Peugeot app and try again, but that Peugeot app is a pain (like this one apparently), and it took FOREVER to connect the app with the car. I don't want to have to go through that again just to be able to install the OM5 software.

And if I'm lucky, and you guys update the software, and I have to download it again in a year, do I have to go through this all over again?

Need help fixing this asap. Just got my new OM 5 today and now I can only use half of the features. Please respond within this week, so that I am still able to return the OM5 if you can't fix it.

Thanks
Petra

2022-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there, I'm sorry to hear about this. Please kindly know that the OM 5 should work with DJI Mimo App. Please download the latest version of DJI Mimo from our official website to check if the problem persists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2022-2-9
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-9 18:40
Hi, there, I'm sorry to hear about this. Please kindly know that the OM 5 should work with DJI Mimo App. Please download the latest version of DJI Mimo from our official website to check if the problem persists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

This is the third time I'm doing this.

Like I said, when I tap on the download, I get the message:

"App paused. My Peugeot is paused for the rest of the day".

If I unpause the My Peugeot app, and then I tap on your download, the My Peugeot app opens automatically and gives me the french error.

You guys need to figure out why your app is interpreted as a "map"or something like that by e-car apps like MyPeugeot or by the Android operating system.

It can't be that I have to deinstall my E-Car app just so that your app can be installed.
2022-2-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Username5 Posted at 2-10 08:20
This is the third time I'm doing this.

Like I said, when I tap on the download, I get the message:

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience. May we have a video to further confirm your issue?
2022-2-10
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

[img][/img]
2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Seriously? How am I going to make a video, when the videocamera is the mobile the issue is on??

Why don't you guys install the My Peugeot app on your test mobile and work on the problem?

For a 150 EUR device, I'm not willing to turn into your outsourced testing institute, for free

Also, seriously you want a video of
-someone tapping on the file in Chrome Downloads (see previous post, image1),
-and then get the "App Paused" notification when My Peugeot app is paused (see previous post image 2),
-or the french error in the App when the app is not paused (see previous post image 3)

We are talking about tapping and a popup coming up. That is one second. A video for that seems ridiculous.

Please fix this error asap or I will have to return the gimbal and I'm not going to buy from this company again

Petra

2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Can't hold your hand much more than this. Install the My Peugeot app and resolve the issue why your app tries to install into this app. Is it the fault of MyPeugeot? Or is it the fault of the operating system?  Please find that out and fix it asap.

Petra
2022-2-11
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Guys, I need to know if I will be able to use your 150 EUR Gimbal. Right now I am lacking important features which are part of the reason I bought it, like movement tracking.  Your product is not usable for me if you can't resolve the issue with the installer not being clickable once the Peugeot App is installed.

It's getting a bit late for me to still be able to return the gimbal.

Can you let me know at least if you are working on this or what the status is?
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Username5 Posted at 2-16 02:34
Guys, I need to know if I will be able to use your 150 EUR Gimbal. Right now I am lacking important features which are part of the reason I bought it, like movement tracking.  Your product is not usable for me if you can't resolve the issue with the installer not being clickable once the Peugeot App is installed.

It's getting a bit late for me to still be able to return the gimbal.

Could you please close/uninstall the ‘’Peugeot App‘’ and then download and install the app through the link below? https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
If it still does not work, please check if the 'Allow from this source' option of DJI Mimo is enabled. Please find the setting of "Install unknown apps" in the phone system settings, turn on the switch of "Allow from this source" restart the phone and then go to my file manager to open this file again to see if it works.
2022-2-16
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

This is not a problem of the source. It makes no difference if I set "allow from this source".

I am already able to download the installer to Chrome downloads and I can tap on the dji-mimo installer.

But like I said multiple times now: It does not install. Instead, it automatically launches the MyPeugeot app and the app gives me the message that it can't open the file.

If I make MyPeugeot inactive, I still get the error message I send you as screenshot (see above, the first screenshot I sent): "MyPeugeot is paused for the day"

I also said already that I don't want to have to deinstall the MyPeugeot app just to use the Gimbal. I am using my car every day and I need that app to be installed and running.

Please fix the problem that your installer launches the MyPeugeot app. IT has nothing to do with the source or that it is an unknown app.
2022-2-16
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Okay, so I deleted the My Peugeot app,

Under "Install unknown app", Chrome is set to "Allow from this source.

The app installer is in the "downloads" folder of "Chrome"

Now, when I tap on the app installer file, I simply get the message "can't open the file"

I'm going to give you one more day to fix this. I'm super angry and frustrated with all this. This is super unprofessional.

2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Username5 Posted at 2-16 06:43
Okay, so I deleted the My Peugeot app,

Under "Install unknown app", Chrome is set to "Allow from this source.

Hi, there. My sincere apologies in regards to this experience. We really want to help you solve this problem. Could you please try another way to install the App. You could download the apk file on your computer, then transfer this file from your computer to your phone. And open the apk file in the file manager and check if it can be installed successfully. Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
2022-2-16
Use props
Username5
lvl.1

Germany

Sorry but no, I can't. I understand that whoever I am talking to right now, that you personally are not at fault, or the support team is not at fault and is getting the heat now, but your company is making some huge mistakes right now, or hiding in a state of shock and not reacting, not sure which one it is, but I'm returning the Gimbal. It's already packed. And I don't think I'll be buying a product from DJI again. Sorry to say. The Gimbal itself was high quality, but the software is seriously broken, and if I need that to operate essential features of the Gimbal, then the Gimbal itself is of no use to me.

Good Luck
Petra
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Username5 Posted at 2-16 23:48
Sorry but no, I can't. I understand that whoever I am talking to right now, that you personally are not at fault, or the support team is not at fault and is getting the heat now, but your company is making some huge mistakes right now, or hiding in a state of shock and not reacting, not sure which one it is, but I'm returning the Gimbal. It's already packed. And I don't think I'll be buying a product from DJI again. Sorry to say. The Gimbal itself was high quality, but the software is seriously broken, and if I need that to operate essential features of the Gimbal, then the Gimbal itself is of no use to me.

Good Luck

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience caused. I'm also sorry that I wasn't able to help you. However, we will pass on your feedback to the relevant team. Hopefully, we can provide a more professional product service in the future.
2022-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules