Own photos or stickers in Fly App edit
4155 4 2022-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vookie
lvl.1

Poland

Hi flyers,

I see a Fly App editor as a great way for a quick edit of my videos, but I would like to add a custom picture to enhance the video. Is there any way to do it?
It could be either the custom sticker or a way to add own picture into the app album, so that I can add it into the edited video.
I can add the photos I've taken with a drone, but I don't see any option to add an external one.

Thanks in advance for all hints

2022-2-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

If you are on Android then you can copy images into Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/DCIM/OriginalFiles/Photo

Anything in there can then be selected as media in the DJI Fly editor - obviously they'll need to be in the corretc file format, so JPEGs defintely work. So you could create a title/end screen image in some other software and then copy that file to the location above and use it in your DJI Fly edits.

Under Original Files there is also a Video folder (and a PanoPhoto folder) so you can theoretically copy video files there and use those in your DJi Fly edits as well.

As for stickers.. I haven;t been able to find where the app stores those, but maybe if you try copying a PNG file ito the Photos folder you will be able to add it as an overlay - Ihavent really played arond with the edit functionality in DJI Fly, so I'm not familiar with how flexible it is when adding stickers or image etc.

Hopefully this will get you started, though...

-N.O.T.
2022-2-11
Use props
Vookie
lvl.1

United States

Hi, thanks for the tips. Quick try to put something in the folder did not show the photo in the album. I will try to browse the folders and see where it can be fit.
2022-2-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Vookie Posted at 2-11 05:41
Hi, thanks for the tips. Quick try to put something in the folder did not show the photo in the album. I will try to browse the folders and see where it can be fit.

That's the exact folder I dropped a .jpg into and it showed up in the album in DJI Fly... mine was an old JPEG so it was right at the bottom of the album list and could be added to the timeline in an edit.

-N.O.T.
2022-2-11
Use props
djiuser_w8kHuNKcI8nY
lvl.1
New Zealand

There used to be an option for this atleast a year ago because i made a video of my boys last day of kindi and firstday at school all media wasnt taken from drone. At top it said aircraft and saved. You could click on aircraft album and a drop box would give you the option to choose any of the albums on my samsung. Now the only option is aircraft and save. Came here looking for a solution, so will try copying in to that folder mentioned
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules