DJI FPV cruise speed
1157 7 2022-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_56M9PBPBRl0B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171611 ft
Russia

Hi! What speed should one maintain to reach maximum range with this drone?
2022-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI FPV ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav ) has a maximum flight distance of 16.8 km ( measured while flying in windless conditions ). Thank you.
2022-2-13
Use props
tikichomp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105049 ft
United States

Hey I would go no more than 30 mph and increasing altitude slightly as you get farther away to increase signal availability.

You're gambling quite a bit to go beyond 10km in my opinion.
2022-2-13
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

Someone on this forum posted  a series of tests where they flew their FPV drone out and back at a set speed to see which speed used the least amount of power. I can't find the thread now but speed was about what I'd expect. You don't want to go really fast but going too slow will also reduce the total distance it can travel. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I think the optimal speed was somewhere between 25mph and 30mph. (Edit: This is not correct. See my reply below.) If I can find the thread, I'll add a reply with a link.
2022-2-13
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I was wrong. The best speed is about 45mph. Here's the thread.
2022-2-13
Use props
encept
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171611 ft
Russia

tikichomp, Duane Degn, thanks for responses!
2022-2-14
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I seem to get the best endurance at approx. 25-30mph airspeed (meaning GPS speed reported in calm winds) in manual mode. There were problems with the report in the thread above (I had commented on those in that thread), but I haven't done my own best-range speed testing yet. The wind blows hard every day here so I'd have to wait until calm conditions to do a proper test.

As for one-direction range, no comment, except to say with the FPV drone's O3, 3 miles is reliably doable, and probably more. Battery life is the limitation there, not RF range.

2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_lDIUUHIakzhx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66663 ft
United States

Had the DJI FVP for about a month.  Max range before losing goggle feed is 1400' away at 390' Alt.  Not sure if the trees are the issue since I'm well above and have almost direct line-of-sight.
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules