3634 5 2022-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103245 ft
United States

I'll try to make this short.

I first activated my Mini 2 on January 3, 2022 (last month).  Ever since after powering on, connecting with the controller, and locking on to GPS satellites, the rear status light will give 6 slow short green blinks, then 2 slow long red blinks, then repeat, even after take off and return.  The unit seems to fly without any problems but this is my first drone, so what do I know.

So do the two slow long red flashes indicate a problem?

Searching this forum I found one other user with the same problem (long ago).  That thread had no solution.  See:

For me the fly app does not seem to indicate a problem.

The manual mainly points to red blinks as a low battery, but my battery is fully charged.

I contracted DJI support and they thought either drone was not on a flat surface or there was an IMU error.  After going back and forth with DJI support (different battery, calibrate IMU, flat surface, sample video, etc.) they had me send in the unit for repair.

here is the video of the 'problem'.  Note: DJI support said they could not view it (It might take 20 seconds or so to load).

According the info I got from DJI, they replaced the 'Aircraft Core Board Module'.  I got the unit back today, first test flight (battery still had 70% left in it after the two weeks).  The unit has a new serial number and I had to re-pair and activate the drone to be able to fly.

The Mini 2 is showing the same status light green/red pattern.

I called DJI support and now they want me to do another song and dance.

Is this status light green/red pattern a problem?  Any one know what it might indicate?  Any suggestions how to deal with DJI to just replace the unit as I first contacted them about the problem less than 10 days after initial activation.  I did get the Care Refresh plan, but I hate to use it, this should a be warrantee issue.

2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this issue you've encountered. After checking the video you provided, we found that this issue may be caused by a no-fly zone. If the aircraft is in a no-fly zone, the aircraft’s status indicator will slowly blink red twice and then slowly blink green for 10s, then cycle. May I confirm if the app has popped up with a no-fly zone notification on your phone? Thanks.
2022-2-16
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

THANK YOU Gamora!!!!!  Finally a reasonable explanation.  My house is within a limited 'altitude zone' on the fly safe Geo Zone map.  The other two places I have flown have been 'authorization zones'.  I will try to find a completely  unrestricted area soon and test there (we having snow blizzard right now).

Question.  I get this aircraft’s status indicator will 'slowly blink red twice and then slowly blink green for 10s, then cycle' even if a mobile device is not connected to the controller.  I.E. power up controller with no mobile device connected, then power up aircraft.  So how would the aircraft 'know' about fly zones without a mobile device connected?  Or is it just 'remembering' from last time, but the battery had been pulled out in the mean time.
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-17 09:04
THANK YOU Gamora!!!!!  Finally a reasonable explanation.  My house is within a limited 'altitude zone' on the fly safe Geo Zone map.  The other two places I have flown have been 'authorization zones'.  I will try to find a completely  unrestricted area soon and test there (we having snow blizzard right now).

Question.  I get this aircraft’s status indicator will 'slowly blink red twice and then slowly blink green for 10s, then cycle' even if a mobile device is not connected to the controller.  I.E. power up controller with no mobile device connected, then power up aircraft.  So how would the aircraft 'know' about fly zones without a mobile device connected?  Or is it just 'remembering' from last time, but the battery had been pulled out in the mean time.

Hi, there. When the remote controller and mobile device are not connected, the aircraft status indicator may be inaccurate. It is recommended to fly the drone in an unrestricted area with the remote and mobile device connected to test if the problem persists. Thank you.
2022-2-17
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

Gamora,
I did fly in an unrestricted area and the status light just blinked green.  So being in a altitude restricted zone is what set off this green/red pattern.  You should tell the service/repair department this so they can direct other pilots having this  trouble what the  problem is.
2022-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-18 09:28
Gamora,
I did fly in an unrestricted area and the status light just blinked green.  So being in a altitude restricted zone is what set off this green/red pattern.  You should tell the service/repair department this so they can direct other pilots having this  trouble what the  problem is.

Thank you for your feedback. I will transfer your feedback to the relevant team and keep moving to provide more professional customer service.
2022-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules