DJI Mini 2 no longer connected/won't turn on
529 3 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creatavision
New
Flight distance : 5702 ft
Australia

Hi all, we bought our mini Xmas Eve, flew it that day, next day, one other day. Had to park it, due to high winds. Got it out tonight, the controller turned on. Popped on phone. No connection. It was asking me to pretty much reconnect. So, go through the routine of when I first did so, nothing. I hit the button once on the drone. Lights come on to show there is battery.

But I am back at the screen I was on when we first set it up.

I can see the flight details so it proves it was once connected and working.

I have followed the instructions exactly (again, take II) but cannot a) turn it on or b) get it flashing to yellow so I can reconnect it.

Seems loads of people have this issue.

Do I just take it back and get a refund, or is there something to do to fix this? Seems a shame to send this to landfill but looking at the number of people having the same issue, I really don't know if I want a product I have to continuously trouble shoot, particularly when it is still so new!

Thanks, will listen to help before I take it back!
2022-2-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Post it on Mini 2 forum you'll get better response.
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there creatavision. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition, kindly please post a short sample video showing this issue for us to see and can give out the best solution for this matter? Thank you.
2022-2-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For both the drone and the controller the switch on/off button pressing sequence is,  give the relevant power button a short press followed fairly quickly by a longer press (maybe 3 or 4 seconds), are you doing that?
Looking at the controller from above, so that you are looking at the joysticks with the antennae furthest away from you and the connection cable in the storage position, it is the left hand cable plug that goes to the phone, NOT the right hand cable plug, are you using the correct plug?
Also the plug that should remain connected to the controller is marked with a controller symbol, since you do not say what phone it is possible you are using a USB_C  phone and may have the cable connected the wrong way around.
Have you done any updates to the phone etc. since you previously flew the drone?
2022-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules