1063 26 2022-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm not really that keen on linking to YouTube videos made by others here...
But I was impressed by this video.  
Are these fakes...?

https://youtu.be/BR1M1Nx6hAs
2022-2-19
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I've seen these guys testing other drones such as the Mavic 2 Pro, seem legit, put that Mavic 3 through hell there, how the gimbal wasn't damaged is a miracle.
2022-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They have been doing these extreme tests for a long time now. I think all the tests are real, there may be some slick editing but yes they are real. And I suspect care refresh is a must before embarking on these tests.
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks real enough, those tests made me pity that poor Mavic 3
2022-2-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just remember you may be indirectly paying them for this 'work' through care fresh premiums. Wearing my cynic's hat lol.
2022-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-19 15:17
Just remember you may be indirectly paying them for this 'work' through care fresh premiums. Wearing my cynic's hat lol.

What goes around comes around, wearing my “what’s good for the goose is good for the gander hat”
2022-2-19
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Nice video.
2022-2-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably real enough, but not wise.
2022-2-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh that poor drone!  I couldn't watch it all the way through!  I appreciate that they are willing to torture the drone for our benefit, but that poor drone!
2022-2-19
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

They has been really lucky with the gimbal because seems to be the weakest point in the Mavic 3 when crash.
2022-2-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how they fund all those tests. That poor drone will not fly much longer after such handling. $3K down the drain for a few likes.
2022-2-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

pretty sure none of these drones are paid for by them.  if you live in china and you know the right people, plenty of "junk" finds it way around.  lots of preproduction stuff, drones that don't pass qc or have serious problems, plenty of stuff falling off trucks and walking out backdoors.  whether it's the manufacturer testing or having someone test it for them, there are a tons of drones that are not fit to be sold and is basically scrap.  the m3 took a long time to launch, im sure there are several hundred preproduction/prototype/test drones in the wild.  before launch, a bunch of drones were made by hand so there are those as well.  this is not just drones but tvs, cameras, laptops....everything.
2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DarthSLR Posted at 2-19 20:34
I wonder how they fund all those tests. That poor drone will not fly much longer after such handling. $3K down the drain for a few likes.

... and it was even a Mavic 3 Cine, so even more expensive.....
2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

The Saint Posted at 2-19 21:01
pretty sure none of these drones are paid for by them.  if you live in china and you know the right people, plenty of "junk" finds it way around.  lots of preproduction stuff, drones that don't pass qc or have serious problems, plenty of stuff falling off trucks and walking out backdoors.  whether it's the manufacturer testing or having someone test it for them, there are a tons of drones that are not fit to be sold and is basically scrap.  the m3 took a long time to launch, im sure there are several hundred preproduction/prototype/test drones in the wild.  before launch, a bunch of drones were made by hand so there are those as well.  this is not just drones but tvs, cameras, laptops....everything.

... that could of course "explain" a lot...
2022-2-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They must have got through a lot of propellors.
2022-2-20
Use props
fans2a188a86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481677 ft
  • >>>
United States

At first glance, these "tests" seemed silly to me.  But they did increase my level of confidence in the M3C's ability to handle adverse conditions.  I'll never do anything neat this extreme with my drone, but this video gave me confidence to ask a little more of mine.
2022-2-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

At first glance, these "tests" seemed silly to me.  But they did increase my level of confidence in the M3C's ability to handle adverse conditions.  I'll never do anything neat this extreme with my drone, but this video gave me confidence to ask a little more of mine.
... that thought doesn't sound bad either, does it?   
2022-2-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I always wondered if these videos weren't made by DJI themselves with "prepared" drones for advertising purposes.
2022-2-20
Use props
nlindenberg
lvl.1
United States

The tests into the trees are inconsistent with my two tree crashes, the second one that destroyed the drone irreparably.  I wasn't trying to crash   
2022-2-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

nlindenberg@gmail.com Posted at 2-20 08:56
The tests into the trees are inconsistent with my two tree crashes, the second one that destroyed the drone irreparably.  I wasn't trying to crash

This is exactly what makes me think that these videos are not made with stock drones.
2022-2-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

as you know a lot of drones are fished out of the pond after being submerged overnight.  if i got my hands on one (from the trash bin), i would light it on fire and show the world what a burning drone looks like.  people would think i destroyed a $2000 drone.  sometimes these drone will still fly just enough to get them airborne so you can abuse them but eventually you know it's going to die.

if you crash your drone and all the joints are busted and the gimbal is broken in half but still intact and the battery compartment will no longer hold a battery and it will power on but not connect and you didn't have repair insurance and couldn't afford to repair it for $2000, i would give you $200 for it and you'll probably take it if you don't intend to get a new drone.  then i will fly my nice drone to the top of a tall building and then drop the busted drone off the side to the concrete below and the world would think i destroyed my $3000 drone for the sake of testing.

in the industry, it's not hard to run across product that you are free to destroy or do whatever with.  big company like dji probably has a few thousand drones in the trash bin they can offload to a local buyer for cheap who can probably find a "home" for it besides a landfill in india.

2022-2-20
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Wow.. after Watching this I feel M3 is a Powerful drone...
I am more confident when I fly it now - even in heavy winds and light rain..

The waterproof part is impressive..
2022-2-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WKKL Posted at 2-21 18:28
Wow.. after Watching this I feel M3 is a Powerful drone...
I am more confident when I fly it now - even in heavy winds and light rain..

still, i wouldn't do it if you didn't have to.  don't go flying in the wind and rain if it isn't necessary because unlike in the videos, your drone will crash and it will hurt.  i think we all kind of knew that light rain isn't a big problem as long as you bring it in before it gets soaked so unless you're trying to get rain or snow video/photos, it makes no sense to launch in the rain; that's self-inflicted.  however, if you didn't pay for any of your equipment (or you are ready to scrap it) then have at it.
2022-2-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

We therefore agree that these videos are not fakes but misleading.
2022-2-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-22 11:47
We therefore agree that these videos are not fakes but misleading.

agreed, definitely not staged or faked (there's no movie magic here) but for sure, misleading.
2022-2-22
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

Interesting tests. Even more interesting is the fact their machine has 32 satellites during the first distance/endurance run. I don't think I've ever seen more than 22 sats on my M3C and even that has been fairly rare.
2022-2-26
Use props
ahsposo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589400 ft

United States

The translator sux.
2022-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules