updating motion controller firmware
4636 2 2022-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braver
lvl.1
United States

I've noticed the message about the motion controller firmware requiring update in the googles.  However DJI Fly app (iOS) had not offered to upgrade it.

I've downloaded DJI Assistant 2 for FPV, and was able to connect the drone to it and update the drone's own formware.

However connecting the motion controller to the Mac does notthing -- DJU Assistant 2 does not recognize it?  The motion controller is powered on.

Any tips on updating the formware?
2022-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your Mac to see if the issue persists? If the issue persists, kindly please try to use a different communication cable then check if there's any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-2-21
Use props
Mizamook
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1121519 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have this problem. M1 Mac, DJI Assisstant 2 FPV version ... no connection.  Uninstall/reinstall did not work.  "Device Not Supported.  Please download the correct version ...."

EDIT:
AHA!  Because DJI, in their infinite mind-boggling wisdom and logic, decided to make the DJI Assistant version for the Motion Controller 2 this one, instead https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/rc-motion-2
Why would the Motion 2 controller not work with the FPV version?  I dunno.  Downloading the version I just linked to.  If I don't report back here, that's because it worked.

Yeesh.

2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules