1083 6 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I need advice what to do, due to the fact it's quite an expensive upgrade. I live in Thailand and have used several types of DJI drones, Platinum, Mini 1, Air 2 and all of them has/is the CE version, I have noticed that the signal to my current DJI A2S with standard RC is very weak compaired to what the  DJI sales specs. tells you. I use to get RC interference from 500m in urban areas and 1,2 km in the countryside. Hence I'm wondering if any one of you has made this upgrade and what your experience is and if it is feasable ?. I will get Occusync 3 A2S +  Occusync 3+ RC Proor just scrap the idea and get a Tripltek pro 8 , it' wont do anything for the connection but I will get at least a much brigter screen than my iPad Air 2020. Appriciate any thougths from you guys/girls...
2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there spetersen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a recommended mobile device on your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-2-22
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

I use standard RC shipped with Mini 2 and Air 2S without any issue. I do not fly too far but 2+ km is OK on both. However reading through this forum I found lot of disconnection reports issue from uRC Pro users. Even if I didn't use RC Pro I, personally, will not by one and better stay with standard RC until the idisconnection issue fixed.
2022-2-22
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 02:13
Hello there spetersen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a recommended mobile device on your DJI Air 2S for us to be able to isolate the issue. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply. I have been in touch with DJI Support and so far no luck , maybe it is firmware related and I doubt it has anything to do with the iPad or my iPhone 11 the are running on the same iOS and the same version. I also found it strange that the original standard controller using Occusync 2 and the drone ver 3, many others has mentioned that as well , what about the bundled version for Mavic 3 ain't is also using that controller or is it running on a different version of RC software , I use * Remote Controller SW : v04.12.0055. What I really want to know if an upgrade as I described will make the difference that I'm looking for , the signal is supposed to be 5 times better with RC Pro ? Please try to find an answer and come back to me. Thank you again/S
2022-2-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

spetersen Posted at 2-22 03:08
Thank you for your reply. I have been in touch with DJI Support and so far no luck , maybe it is firmware related and I doubt it has anything to do with the iPad or my iPhone 11 the are running on the same iOS and the same version. I also found it strange that the original standard controller using Occusync 2 and the drone ver 3, many others has mentioned that as well , what about the bundled version for Mavic 3 ain't is also using that controller or is it running on a different version of RC software , I use * Remote Controller SW : v04.12.0055. What I really want to know if an upgrade as I described will make the difference that I'm looking for , the signal is supposed to be 5 times better with RC Pro ? Please try to find an answer and come back to me. Thank you again/S

I have the 2S/RC Pro FMC and it id great. I have had zero problems with it. Not having to deal with a separate screen and cable is worth it.
2022-2-22
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

spetersen Posted at 2-22 03:08
Thank you for your reply. I have been in touch with DJI Support and so far no luck , maybe it is firmware related and I doubt it has anything to do with the iPad or my iPhone 11 the are running on the same iOS and the same version. I also found it strange that the original standard controller using Occusync 2 and the drone ver 3, many others has mentioned that as well , what about the bundled version for Mavic 3 ain't is also using that controller or is it running on a different version of RC software , I use * Remote Controller SW : v04.12.0055. What I really want to know if an upgrade as I described will make the difference that I'm looking for , the signal is supposed to be 5 times better with RC Pro ? Please try to find an answer and come back to me. Thank you again/S

Just so you know, with the recent firmwares the standard controller RC-N1 works with several drones.  Now, depending on the OcuSync version of the drone it is linked and bound to, it will be O2, O3, or O3+.  So for the A2S which is O3 as you state, it now makes that controller O3 as well.

I agree with @Mobilhomer that not having to deal with a separate screen and cable, plus what you mentioned about the increased strength, makes the RC Pro worth it.  I and a few others I'm afraid just got unlucky and received from a bad batch and had to send it back for repair or exchange.  Most, like @Mobilehomer, have no issues with it and they are very happy with it.  I'm sure i will be too once I get a working one in my hands.  But yes its a lot of money and that's something you must consider.
2022-2-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

dr6583 Posted at 2-22 09:42
Just so you know, with the recent firmwares the standard controller RC-N1 works with several drones.  Now, depending on the OcuSync version of the drone it is linked and bound to, it will be O2, O3, or O3+.  So for the A2S which is O3 as you state, it now makes that controller O3 as well.

I agree with @Mobilhomer that not having to deal with a separate screen and cable, plus what you mentioned about the increased strength, makes the RC Pro worth it.  I and a few others I'm afraid just got unlucky and received from a bad batch and had to send it back for repair or exchange.  Most, like @Mobilehomer, have no issues with it and they are very happy with it.  I'm sure i will be too once I get a working one in my hands.  But yes its a lot of money and that's something you must consider.

That's why the FMC. It puts the RC Pro at about half cost.
2022-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules