Pocket2 made my 4k60 videos as 59.94 instead? why
3140 21 2022-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

Hi
I brought the DJI pocket 2 in January. Yes i had to install firmware before anything i was able to use the camera and so on.

Ok i film outdoors of the city in 4k60
I upload the videos on PowerDirector20 to edit and music background and what not.
I then proccese the video in H.264 and yes in 60 and progressive and yes in 4k60.

Then when thats done i upload the video on Youtube. It takes sometime. But the video comes up some what grainy and not very realistic 4k60... It is 4k60 on youtube but it doesnt look superior as in clarity more grainy or almost as if i was watching a 1080p/60 video....

So i investigated.. What i did is film the city day time and yes 4k60
I then upload the original file videos on my computer  no editing and no PowerDirector.. Just files off the camera straight to the computer. I then right click the file with the mouse and gives me information quality of the video file.. It comes up that the video is in 59.94  frame rate...

Now can someone tell me what is going on here? why isn't it showing that it was recorded as 60  rather then lowing it down to a 59.94frames/second ? unless thats how it suppose to be ? Maybe thats the reason why my all 4k60 videos some what does not look vivid as in realistic enough in 4k60 as it looks and feels soemthing that was recorded like a 1080p instead....  I dont no if its anything to do with the camera or something but from what the videos files indicate it is all in 59.94 frame rate

it says the video file on my computer that:
frame width: 3840
frame height: 2160
data rate: 100607kbps
total rate: 100797kpbs
frame rate: 59.94 Frames/Seconds
Video was film in pocket 2 and in AUTO.
Day time videos walking videos.

So i read that info in any random video file considering that when filming in 4k60 it cuts into video file(s) so all videos are showing me 59.94
So what is that mean and is that what it suppose to be ?

Then why does my videos look not so realistic in 4k60 like it should be? I even watch the original videos that came out straight from the camera on my Computer and looks grainy and some what almost like 1080p video.... and even the same case with Youtube. I dont think its Youtube problem because on youtube it shows me my video can be watch as good as 2160p/60   but still doesnt feel like a realistic true 4k60 to start with and even even worse in 2160p only   I prefer the 2160p/60 as its smoother when cars drives past on video play back... But yeah the quality just doesnt feel true 4k. It is but adding grainy quality makes it feel like a bad quality 4k/60 to start with. So its something to do with that camera or the CODEC or something... I wish i could fix this in a easy way for me to film properly. Camera cost me quite a lot of money to start with......
And even on youtube when i watch that 4k60 video in 1080p/60 option it even looks worse almost like SD quality....... But looks sliughtly better in the max settings but not good when watching in full screen but does look good if u watch it on a small phone screen.

So can someone guide me what i should do and what is going on and how to make the quality realistic enough like it should be in 4k60? i have seen videos on youtube by the same camera by people and they videos day time videos looks far superior instead of mine..
Mine feels like fake 4k60 sort of thing almost as if i was filming on a cheap 4k camera to start with.
Camera was brought originally from a DJI store.

So any help and explanation about this i like to know and find out and a way to understand this and how to make the videos better.. I do NOT want to fake the 4k60 videos on PowerDirector20 by adding clarity effects and all. Why would i need to do such a thing considering it is a originally 4k60 video which means 4k videos should look brilliant and superior but for my case its not.. Maybe its because it was filmed in 59.94 and i have no idea why.. since the camera is filming exactly in AUTO and yes in 4k60 option.. So what else am i doing... wrong?

Thank you for understanding.

2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jonau. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you rea using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-2-22
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 20:15
Hello there Jonau. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you rea using please for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
Hi and thanks. What  do you mean what model of phone ? I didnt mention anything using a phone to record....

Its a DJI pocke2 camera like the title says.  So do you know the answer to my problem with the 4k60 ?......
2022-2-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

60 fps is not accurate 60 frames per second, but 59.94 fps but shortened to say 60 fps on all cameras, tv etc.
The same is with the other frames rates 24 = 23.976 and so on.

And about your recording that doesn't look good. When you shoot in 60 fps, your shutter should be double (1/120 fps) for most realistic footage. When you use Auto that you wrote, then your shutter will go up
and down depending of the lights environment to compensate for giving enough light for your video. And that is why you should use ND-filters to be able to set 1/120 fps for 60 fps video, and 1/50 for 24 fps.

When using Auto for shutter or generally Auto, your footage can/will produce stuttering/ghosting etc. and the footage will look smooth.

Best is to use ND-filter, and find out how strong ND-filter you need for the environment you are shooting at. Outdoor with sun need probably ND32 filter but it all depend how bright the sun is. You need to find out every time and that is why video making can be a challenge for new people.

I use Auto ISO and ND-filter and just let the Auto ISO take care of the brightness of my footage. But here I also need to have the proper ND-filter or close to what the light need.

About PowerDirector; I have used it myself many years ago and it is easy to use for editing but not nowdays because the quality on export is just terrible for todays standard. Find another software, there are many free softwares out there that will give you good 4K export where you can put on higher bitrate for quality.

I can recommend Davinci Resolve Free Version, but paying for Studio version is worth it since Resolve is a really powerful video editing software.
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

just as johansenfoto said, pocket follows the NTSC ,to be exact, it is 29.97fps when choosing 30fps , 59.94 when choosing 60fps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
plz refer to the Frame rate conversion part
2022-2-23
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

Hi and thank you Dji-ytao and johansenfoto and everyone else below this message.

Well i never knew that. Just thought it was rahter strange. But of course when i edit the videos on PowerDirector and as i set the videos in 4k60 they come out as frame width: 3840
frame height: 2160 and also indicating its a 4kp60 video. But before that it wasnt like as stated..
I film day time yes plenty of sun outdoors... i do video walks of  the city.. I then put that video file(s) on my computer i right click over that file and there you go indicating me that it was filmed in 49.95 rather then 60 as in 4k60
So yeah im sort of understanding now.. and yeah been a NTSC camera.. We use PAL over here in Australia.

So to get all this understood.... What differences does it make if i was to buy filter lenses vs without the lens.... why would my playback videos does not look as vivid 4k60 as it should be ? I even film with the wide-lens that comes with the combo and also without the wide-lens and i put the video file straight off the camera to the computer i then play back and it looks good. But not 100% perfect. it sort of feels like too smooth as in almost blurry in most areas and just does not look 4k60 realistic enough.. Almost feels like the videos has been filmed in 1080 instead or rather more like a 720p because the quality just feels like that.

Yes it kind of looks crainy.. I wish i can upload a video here so you folks can see exactly what i mean... Ill give it a it a try and show u a demo video...

Also don't forget... could it be anything to do under settings with PRO quality that should be switch off instead ? maybe the Pro quality where u switch that on or off to make the videos even more quality.... i think i have that always on i don't no.. ill have to look into that.

Also i just don't no how to work with the manual settings under PRO exposures... Its why i left it AUTO but the most annoying part is.. It makes the blue sky extremely white.. far too over exposed... Ill show a video if i can upload it here.
2022-2-23
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

On PowerDirector when im done with the editing videos... that are 4k60
i go to settings at PowerDirector20

Resolution: 3840x2160
Frame rate: i selected 60 and it also has more numbers to select such as 59.95 and then 60 and then 119.88 and 240
(i was told to click 60) otherwise if you select higher numbers it will take you days to see better quality on your videos on youtube. (already takes me 22hours complete for a 4kp/60 video to be proccesed complete to see it as 2160p/60 finally... so slow.
Ok and the next info:  Frame type: Progressive
Profile type: High profile or baseline profile or main profile. ( i select always High profile)
Entropy coding: CABAC or CAVLC ? I always select CABAC
Rate control: 68000 kbps
Advance.... Speed/qulity indicator: Its been ticked on Use Deblocking and ticked on Quality Mode. (no ticks on Speed Mode and no ticks on Use Dynamic GOP)

And thats pretty much it for proccesing a 4k60 video with PowerDirector.  But... even without going on PowerDirector.. the moment i film with DJI pocket 2 and put the video files to the computer to watch it before i even use Power Director.. the videos just doesnt look very crispy........ almost feels some what like between a 720p quality.. it looks crainy some what too smooth or too blurry at most times.. Its almost like seen pixelated most parts in dark areas or when a person is walking far distance the while thing looks bad quality. So all this should never be bad quality... 4K should look far superior right guys? So its something to do with the camera not the Powerdirector and not Youtube to start with....

But adding filters which i dont have yet..... to make better balance color... and all that brightness issue at times from the skys...  I mean filters wont just all of suddently make the videos vivid quality at all.. it would still look the same case as without it.. I mean there's something odd about the camera.. It does film 4k60 and in AUTO but... just because its filming in AUTO and without filter lens doesnt mean its going to look diferent with or without the filters.. We talking about the whole quality of the video to start with.. then the brightness situation. but the main principle must be something wrong with the codec or something or it needs a new firmware or the camera has an isssue?

Looks very 4k60 and very crispy if i was to watch my videos playback on youtube on a phone screen but then it looks not the same in full screen on a computer or a TV.

I will have to look into the filters thing.... but the only case is.. i wanted to use the wide screen and filters but after looking at these things they told me from DJI store that you cant have the wide screen lens on the camera with filter lens attach it be un-balance and cant fit... That was my case i almost wanted to buy the filters pack lens but that change my mind quite fast after finding out it cant be added on the wide screen lens that the wide screen lens came with the DJI pocket 2 combo.

So the other case about Powerdirector.... i mean they easy and very good it has all i need and the effects.. it be a hughe waste of time again and spending cost for other element effects that i already paid for on top of the Powerdirector to do my projects..... But the main principle is coming straight from the camera.... why isnt it quality.. Its nothing to do with the PowerDirector editor.. and nothing to do with Youtube. Its all to do with that little camera. So if i go all the way back to the starting point by filming in auto and in 4k60 and then add that video files off the camera to the computer.. then it just doesnt look realisitc 4k60 like it should be.. It is but its just missing out the quality.. Think of it like your watching a 720 or 1080p video..... but not a true 4k60.

So it has something to do with the camera.. Could there be another set up way to fix this under settings on the DJI Pocket 2 ? the camera is superior brilliant for my work. But disappointed its just not true 4k60

I have seen videos on youtube other people same camera and most of them looks brilliant in 2160p/60 like true realistic 4k60 but for my videos on play back on YouTube looks the same quality as it came out of the camera which means not the same quality.........  So maybe the camera has an issue ?
2022-2-23
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

All the filters you mention will always help for my problem with the been too brightness of the sky been a blue sky to something extremly white out of balance.. But that has nothing to do by making the videos look true 4k60 like it should be.., Unless it does i wouldn't no... Its something to do inside the camera. Not the lens eye of the camera itself. Yes i always keep the camera lean after i used it and the eye of the camera too.   So not sure what else i should do to be honest..... all im doing is wanting to enjoy and film.. I love the casmera looks very unique. But disapointed the so what quality.....   instead of 4k60... it playback kind of looks like a 1080 or a 720 quality instead.. Strange.

Maybe a new DJI pocket 2 firmware needed ?
I brought the camera in early January and had to add a firmware to it to function the camera..

anyways thanks folks looking forward to hear from you all. Sorry for the long messages..
2022-2-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Hehe you write really long and a bit "advanced" for us non native english people out here.

About footage doesn't looks like true 4K. Well what you need to do is do a little sharpening in post and I'm not sure if Powerdirector can do that? And what codec do you export your video files out with?
Best codec for youtube is MP4 and bitrate 80000 kbit/s but I use 100000 kbit/s for even better quality.
The pro's genereally post DNxHR codec that will give really large files (not many do that), but stick to MP4 and high bitrate. Last time I used Powerdirector it only could export in MP2 and MKV (atleast for 1080p).

Long time since I have used my Pocket 2, but the best quality you could get was with battery saver (or something like that), else your video would have only 50-60 Mbit/s and not 100 Mbit/s that it should.

But put online a few videos that show what you mean about the quality/issues you have.

If I get time, I can make a video tomorrow with my Pocket 2 and show how it work with and without ND-filters on.
2022-2-23
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

johansenfoto Posted at 2-23 16:46
Hehe you write really long and a bit "advanced" for us non native english people out here.

About footage doesn't looks like true 4K. Well what you need to do is do a little sharpening in post and I'm not sure if Powerdirector can do that? And what codec do you export your video files out with?

Hi and thank you user Johansefoto. Sorry yes i get alittle too technical about the camera but the truth is.. There's things i dont no when it comes to too advance technical

Okay that be nice if you can make the video. Please make a true 4k60 video make sure it ends up as 2160p/60 on youtube so i can see exactly your demo video how it looks compare to mine... Make sure your outdoors outside on a bright day. move around do some walking videos to see if there's any pixelated issues or dark shadows that turns into pixels....

I always have it as 68000 if i was to go any higher then that i think proccesing a 30min 4k60 video would take 20 or more hours.. and then upload on youtube more then 2 hours and then proccesing the video on youtube might take 2 days or longer..... I wouldn't no... But i have it like i was told to do it.. 68000 so that you have the best quality and less time waiting for the video to show in 4k on youtube aventually.....

I would not add any tricks on videos as such as (crispy clear effects on a so what 4k60 video) it would be total rediocuilously if i was to do this because the aim about a 4k video is to have its true quality. Far better then 1080p  But adding effects to make the video look clearity and cristy would end up adding fake add ons on a 4k video when it shouldn't  be neccesery because 4k is a crispy quality video to start with. but for my problem it doesnt seems so...

If i was to watch my youtube videos on youtube on a computer screen in full screen in 2160p/60 of my video it does not look true 4k.. BUT if i was to make the image viewing smaller instead of full screen then i can see a very true 4k and very crispy video... But not in full screen and not even on a smart tv in full screen. But it looks brilliant and clarity and some what true 4k if i made the video playback smaller on the side of my computer screen.

So i don;t no.. there has to be an issue here with the quality situation on the camera been a NTSC maybe because its a NTSC and its making it sort of noisy and crainy as well i can well and truely see the crainy all over the video when people are walking and cars around as i walk and film.. Maybe thats the problem.. its an NTSC and in Australia we use diferent and maybe its why all computer screens and home tv smart tvs and so on all design for Australia standard and not NTSC.. i wouldn't have a clue....

Or maybe the hardware of the camera is not what you expected.... or maybe it needs a new firmware.. i wouldn't no...

It all starts from the camera.. i film and yes in 4k60 i watch the fresh video out of the camera file to the computer (no editing) just watch it fresh file videos off the camera... and the quality looks some what noisy and crainy.... Thats why it feels some what like a fake 4k trying to be 4k... But its interesting how i watch the fresh file videos in smaller sizes on the computer and looks brilliant.... and very crispy.. but why not in full screen... Strange right ?

Yeah ill have to think about the Filter lenses.. I really need to buy lenses.. (please note this lens we are talking about has nothing to do with my problem about quality video in 4k/60
But yes please tell us about this filters lens.. I really need to make the color correction on the camera because it makes the sky extremly far over whight exposed... and then all of suddently it goes to normal when i stand away from a tree as the camera looks up from a building. So lenses for this would help im sure.  But the only problem is... Isn't there filter lenses that has wide screen as well? DJIstores doesnt have wide screen filter lens... this means i would have to end up buying from the black market on Ebay and also people say adding lenses would also make the Pocket 2 un-balance.. Who knows

And in regards to my videos ill do my best and upload them on youtube and u can watch demo videos of how the quality looks to you. But i need to sort this out first and so on so i can explain it how it looks on youtube as much the same way quality if u where to watch the video out of the camera fresh start.

Anyways ill get back into this shortly and ill let u folks know.. Thank you my friends
2022-2-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Jonau Posted at 2-24 06:23
Hi and thank you user Johansefoto. Sorry yes i get alittle too technical about the camera but the truth is.. There's things i dont no when it comes to too advance technical

Okay that be nice if you can make the video. Please make a true 4k60 video make sure it ends up as 2160p/60 on youtube so i can see exactly your demo video how it looks compare to mine... Make sure your outdoors outside on a bright day. move around do some walking videos to see if there's any pixelated issues or dark shadows that turns into pixels....

I have made a short 2 min video to show with and without filters. And Manual vs Auto with my Pocket 2.
All shots are not color corrected only a little sharpening, last clip show fast editing.
All shots in 4K @ 60 fps with almost daylight (arctic winter)

I will post the link here when it is in 4K, it is uploading now to youtube.

When I post videos in 4K on youtube, it most of the times only take like 1-3 hours to be in 4K, all depend how long the video is. So it could be something in Australia making your videos slower. But sometimes youtube is slow for everyone to make them 4K.
2022-2-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Here is my video in 4K

2022-2-24
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Jonau Posted at 2-24 06:23

Okay that be nice if you can make the video. Please make a true 4k60 video make sure it ends up as 2160p/60 on youtube so i can see exactly your demo video how it looks compare to mine... Make sure your outdoors outside on a bright day. move around do some walking videos to see if there's any pixelated issues or dark shadows that turns into pixels....

You didn't see the video?
2022-2-26
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

johansenfoto Posted at 2-26 09:45
You didn't see the video?

Hello johansenfoto
Thank you very much for the demo video of the "filter lens"  It is a very interesting beautiful place reminds me Finland as i go there on the snow on holidays. Good work my friend.

I see.. these filters almost didn't do much diference with or without it. I suppose because there is too much snow around making everything white cant tell the diferences there but i do apreciate that work from you.  Maybe because it is snow around makes the sky always gray and white.. But what happens if you did all this when the sky was actually blue in a summer time ?

I do like to buy the filter lens by DJI.... I did last month wanted to buy it as i went to a DJI shop and i ask them if this 4 diferent filer lens for the DJI Pocket 2 camera can fit with the Wide lens... and the person told me no you can not put the wide lens on top of the filter lens on the camera.

However on Ebay on the internet... im sure they sell wide lens with the filter added for the Pocket 2 camera but it is not a DJI brand lens.. So i do not no if it is worth buying it because it is not a branding name...   I do like wide screen lens to capture the most when i film but of course i need filter lens as well because all my videos are "extreme too bright in some areas when i film the city around"

I will have to try post a video here but not sure how.. Maybe add in youtube.

Also just out of curiosity... I just experiment something very different. If you where to zoom the view a little futher in.. So lets say your filming outside and if you zoom 1 or 2x in.... while your filming and walking it makes the image video very stabilized much more then if you didn't zoom anything. Very interesting i have notice this. So as i was filming the city and walking i zoom the camera 1 or 2x in... and then i notice the video movement as i was filming made the video more "Stabilized" much professionalism  But the problem with this... it be useless to use a wide screen lens for this.. If your going to zoom in something no point to have the wide screen lens... I have experiment this... I will have to try again and see the differences again.. I watch my videos and as i was filming and walking i zoom the camera about 2 or 3x zoom and as i left it on zoom-in i kept filming as i was filming in the city and notice the movement of the video made everything more stabilized more stabled... less shaking camera viewing. But if i do not zoom anything the as i walk around its almost like having the camera shake too much around when you watch the video.

By the way which country is this beautiful snow country you in ? very nice work. Good for you johansenfoto

Try make a new video where you walk outside straight ahead day time without the zoom camera.. And then do one compare same thing but zoom the camera about 2 or 3x zoom in and walk straight as you film and see if the camera is more steady and stabilized when you watch the video later. I will have to try this out.

But other then that i will have to get around to the Filter lens yes.. Which brand is your lens DJI brand ?
2022-2-26
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

When i post video of the camera on YouTube 4k60  which is a 28minutes long video... It took me 1hour and 41minutes to Upload on YouTube. Then it took me 22hours (almost 24hours later) to "Process the video complete" on YouTube.. This is not normal. It is extreme slow for only just a 28minute video that was film in 4k60  very strange.

It does not matter if the video is 50minutes long or 28minutes long video in 4k60 for me it took TOTAL 22 or 23hours to complete so i can then finally watch the video in 4k60  (YouTube as 2160p/60)  Not sure if this is normal or not normal because it is extreme very slow to finish this. It's fast to upload on YouTube only 1hour and 40minutes. But then after that it takes 22hours or 23hours later to complete the "processing automatic on YouTube"  

How long did it took you if you have anything more then 28minutes videos long in 4k60 ? did it took you almost 24hours later to complete the video on YouTube or much less time ?

Thank you..

Not sure if its anything to do because i only have 78 subscribers or because people with 100s and 1000's subscribers gets faster processing time on YouTube. i don't no.. very strange.
2022-2-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Jonau Posted at 2-26 16:44
When i post video of the camera on YouTube 4k60  which is a 28minutes long video... It took me 1hour and 41minutes to Upload on YouTube. Then it took me 22hours (almost 24hours later) to "rocess the video complete" on YouTube.. This is not normal. It is extreme slow for only just a 28minute video that was film in 4k60  very strange.

It does not matter if the video is 50minutes long or 28minutes long video in 4k60 for me it took TOTAL 22 or 23hours to complete so i can then finally watch the video in 4k60  (YouTube as 2160p/60)  Not sure if this is normal or not normal because it is extreme very slow to finish this. It's fast to upload on YouTube only 1hour and 40minutes. But then after that it takes 22hours or 23hours later to complete the "processing automatic on YouTube"  

Since it takes a long time for your video to be processed, could just be something in your country. But longer videos takes longer time for being in 1080p or even in 4K.

I will not make a walking video, you find a lot of them recorded with Pocket 2 on youtube

I'm from Norway, you can see it under my name on the side here.

2022-2-27
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

johansenfoto Posted at 2-27 12:42
Since it takes a long time for your video to be processed, could just be something in your country. But longer videos takes longer time for being in 1080p or even in 4K.

I will not make a walking video, you find a lot of them recorded with Pocket 2 on youtube

I would not no... I don't think it has anything to do which country one is.. Considering we have a pretty good internet speeds across Australia.  However i just uploaded a new video at 12 midnight last night and i woke up and took 9hours to total processed and be able to watch the video in 4k...

But other then that when i upload a 26 minute to a 50minute video in 4k it would usually take 22 or 23hours to total complete in 4k on YouTube.  I have absolutely no idea why some days it would take a long time and yesterday one of my videos only took just 9 hours.  Maybe it has something to do with the actual (time) when you upload a video and when Youtube cares to proccese the video at diferent (times) at night or day time depending the actual time frame.. Its strange but interesting...   So why this time a 26minute 4k video took only 9 short hours to make it in 4k on youtube but all my other videos took almost 24hours waiting until it was 4k available... Strange ?
My internet is very fast 24hours 7days a week in Australia.  

Maybe YouTube has a time frame where they work at different times of the day or night. Its almost like saying YouTube works during business hours from the YouTube Headquarters centre... But hard to believe that works like that considering all the uploads and processing videos are all electronic automatic done and not someone at YouTube Office processing your video...... Unless it is. We wouldn't know that.

But yesterdays 26minute 4k video was the shortest wait time for YouTube to make that in 4k at only under 9 hours time. Because usually YouTube will make me wait 22 or 23hours until the video can be watched in 4k....... So pretty unusual because all my videos are between 24 to 50minutes long individuals. And yes i only upload 1 video at a time and not multiple times.

Anyways thanks for the demonstration filters. I will aventually have to buy it but the only problem is that i wont be able to add the wide screen lens on it....

Also it is no point in adding (clarity sharp effects on a already 4k video on a editing-software... It be alittle pointless because 4k videos should meant to be quite sharp and crispy looking but adding hidden shark effects with a video editing software would be strange while the video is already in 4k...
But my problem is with the camera.. im filming in 4k60 but the whole thing looks some what (crainy and noisy) almost like grayish almost as if i was watching a 1080p video or a 720p video... making the 4k video like a fake 4k when it's not.

Maybe its the camera issue..... I would not no.. But considering it is a NTSC instead of PAL maybe thats  why my videos kind of looks some kind of crainy and not very sharp at all... Because Australia use PAL system.... But i brought the camera in Australia from a Official DJI Store in person.... surely the cameras wouln't end up be a NTSC in a australian market unless it's how it came to be...

But who knows... maybe its the NTSC instead of PAL or maybe there's a little problem minor on the camera quality in 4k or maybe it requiers a new Firmware for the Pocket 2 but i wouldn't no because the majority i see people film in 4k60 on a pocket 2 video looks more sharp and more clarity....
Or maybe it has soemthing to do with how fast and power my computer is... taking away the actual quality of the video... I woulodn't no because even that i watch the videos straight off the camera on the computer (no editing) and the quality is the same with or without the editing so maybe its the problem with the camera. Not very clear sure.  

Your video is a little hard to tell because there's a lot of white around the field.. snow and white sky can make the video un clarified if its sharp or it isn't... Unless you filmed in a blue sky when there's no snow maybe...

But my videos usually looks far too bland-smooth and also not very sharp in full screen.. But it does look very sharp if i watch the video in a smaller sizes on the computer screen. But if i watch the video in full screen i can see it is not some what far too bland and smooth... making the viewing some what less sharp and less 4k feel alike.. But does feel very 4K if i watch the video in a smaller sizes without the full screen.. Interesting. I wouldn't no..  mayhbe there s a strange problem with the camera.... but the camera works just fine. Maybe something is missing on the camera maybe firmware updates or something.. And there have been no Firm-upates for all the DJI pockets 2 cameras world wide.... Who knows.

Thankyou Johan

2022-2-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Jonau Posted at 2-28 17:03
I would not no... I don't think it has anything to do which country one is.. Considering we have a pretty good internet speeds across Australia.  However i just uploaded a new video at 12 midnight last night and i woke up and took 9hours to total processed and be able to watch the video in 4k...

But other then that when i upload a 26 minute to a 50minute video in 4k it would usually take 22 or 23hours to total complete in 4k on YouTube.  I have absolutely no idea why some days it would take a long time and yesterday one of my videos only took just 9 hours.  Maybe it has something to do with the actual (time) when you upload a video and when Youtube cares to proccese the video at diferent (times) at night or day time depending the actual time frame.. Its strange but interesting...   So why this time a 26minute 4k video took only 9 short hours to make it in 4k on youtube but all my other videos took almost 24hours waiting until it was 4k available... Strange ?

About sharpness:
Even still images from a DSLR camera need a little sharpness added but the better quality lens - the better quality of the output.
Pocket 2 doesn't have a lot of different lenses in front of the sensor, but what it have is a UV-filter and AA-filter
"What is an AA or "Antialiasing" Filter? It's an optical filter intentionally placed in front of the imaging sensor in order to create a slight blurring effect. Without this blurring effect there can be a resultant phenomenon called "Moire" when shooting JPG files (due to the JPG compression process)."

And a DSLR camera lens have atleast 7 or often a lot more glasses in their lenses for sharpening the images + different coatings etc.
+ MP4 is a container for the codec the Pocket 2 produce that also can worse the sharpness.

So yes adding sharpness is needed in post.

And about youtube and processing time.
Longer videos takes longer time for processing, doesn't think it will depend what time of day you upload. But most youtubers doesn't upload a video and make it public the same day they upload, and bigger youtubers have probably 3-5 videos on hold (unlisted) for many days and doesn't make them public all at once but spread them out with a few days apart since spamming a lot of videos doesn't help getting more views.
So for most youtubers, waiting for the video to be finished processing is not a big deal at all.

Having a fast internet connection only help for uploading speed, and what do you mean by having a fast internet speed? I have usually 500/500 Mbit's fiber connection, but have 1000/1000 Mbit/s for a few month now.
2022-2-28
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

Johan! First of all.. People have said here... If you set the camera as (Battery saver) you can then see the big differences in better and sharp video quality on 4k60..... I looked at the camera today and i could not find anywhere how to press Battery saver for 4k60 video......  When i find the QUALITY logo on screen.... it already told me that (High quality video not available in current resolution) Is that what Battery saver is or is this something else ? And why would 4K60 not be high resolution ? 4K is very good quality but the camera said it can not.

So how do i set the camera as Battery Saver when filming only in 4k60 ? I was told if you set the camera at battery saver the 4k60 will be very sharp and quality. BUT at the same time in the settings it tells me (High quality video not available in current resolution. so are this 2 different things?

Battery saver only works if you film in 1080p... I never film in lower qualities. I only film in 4k60 only.... So im confused between 2 things that i mention.. Maybe someone can explain to  me and how to would be nice to know.. I mean 4K60 should always be high quality resolution isn't that true? Well the camera said it can not in the current resolution because i have it as 4k60.... very strange....

Yes i only film in AUTO for now....  But 2 things here... How to Battery saver on the camera for 4k60 to see if the quality is sharp and good in 4k60 .... And the second question is... why in the settings it tellsme that (High quality video not available in current resolution)  even though im filming in 4k60... why not quality? Does the camera expects me to film Low Quality in 4K60 ? thats why maybe its always not quality in 4k60 because it looks far too smooth and crainy..

-------------------------------------------

2022-3-1
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

I spend 1 hour last night trying to figure out where is (Battery saver) on the camera when filming in 4k60.. I can't find it. All i can find is a logo that shows the words "Quality" and when i press "Quality logo" on the camera screen it tells me that  (High quality video not available in current resolution)  So let me get this straight..... Why would filming in 4k60 cant film in High quality in the first place ? The camera said its "not available" well that's rather strange because filming in 4k60 should always be the highest quality possible true ? This is why maybe my videos in filming 4k60 always looks too smooth and some what gray looking as well.... Because maybe im not filming in proper true Qualitry in 4k60 because the camera said "not available".     

In the settings there is "photo" Camera" "story" and many more. I always have it as "Camera"  so i can film in 4k60.

And also is the Camera telling me i can not "Battery saver" when filming in 4k60 ?   

So 2 different questions here about the Dji pocket 2.

Why would it say High quality video not available in CURRENT resolution even though i have it set as 4K/60  I mean it makes no sense at all.. Shouldn't that be YES as high quality resolution to start with considering I'm filming a higher bitrate at 4k60 to start with ? I hope i can get some explanations about this.

Thank you again
2022-3-1
Use props
Jonau
lvl.1
Australia

4K60 should always be filmed in "High Quality" otherwise your not filming a real 4k at all... Maybe the camera is confused or my camera is messed up with the information or it needs a firmware..... I don't no...
People told me to choose (Battery saver) well im trying to if if i knew where it is in the settings when filming in AUTO.....  i want to see if filming in 4k60 in Battery saver would make the video sharp and very good quality. But then i hear stories on youtube that Battery Saver is not good because it will take the Quality of the 4K filming..... Im confused because people say one thing and another.  Hope to get a resolution information out of this and how to.
2022-3-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I need to find out about a similar issue. I mostly film at 1080p/30fps myself and I think I have the same set up for DaVinci Resolve, however it always nags about the project framerate and footage framerate not matching, thus impying there is a difference between the two. While it does offer the option to make them match and that does solve the problem for me, I do find it a bit of an annoyance.

EDIT: framerate problem solved. It was my mistake, the project setting in DaVinci Resolve wasn't what I expected it to be. Changed the setting and got the video imported without a hitch.

Then, a couple of replies and tips for Jonau. As far as I know, it's not the 4K setting that prevents using the High quality mode instead of the Battery saver mode - it's about framerate. Hiqh quality mode is not supported on framerates higher than 30fps. You should be able to use it in 4K/30fps or lower framerate.

As for the filters and wide-angle lens question, DJI has no official combinations for those; however, there is a Freewell-branded set that combines both a wide-angle lens and ND filters to same. You can switch between the different ND filters by replacing them in the wide-angle lens. Haven't bought the set myself, but for what I have heard, Freewell is considered to be one of the better brands with the Pocket 2 ND filters, along with the official ones and PolarPro filters.

Hope these answers help you in getting the best footage out of your Pocket 2!
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules