DJI RC-Pro Controller vs RC-N1 Controller - What's the Difference...
12Next >
17491 46 2022-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI RC-Pro Controller vs RC-N1 Controller - What's the Difference? + Range Test

2022-2-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The RC-Pro gives the drones more range, I am sitting on the fence still about it and need to convince myself to spend $1699 to buy something that is just for drone flying.
2022-2-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Suren Posted at 2-28 02:51
The RC-Pro gives the drones more range, I am sitting on the fence still about it and need to convince myself to spend $1699 to buy something that is just for drone flying.

... it's more than just a little extra range!!!
2022-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting video!
2022-2-28
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

The RC-Pro gives the drones more range, I am sitting on the fence still about it and need to convince myself to spend $1699 to buy something that is just for drone flying.

I won't waste time watching the garbage DaFlys puts on here regularly. I can find it my self by searching on YouTube.
As far as range goes in the US the new RC Pro is no better than the original controller included with the A2S. There are many variables that come into play for range.
I have tested in the middle of nowhere both controllers in the same location numerous times and the RC-Pro doesn't come close to the original controller.
The RC-Pro is better than the original smart controller but that is about it!
In other countries things might be different.
2022-2-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TP-FPV Posted at 2-28 05:38
I won't waste time watching the garbage DaFlys puts on here regularly. I can find it my self by searching on YouTube.
As far as range goes in the US the new RC Pro is no better than the original controller included with the A2S. There are many variables that come into play for range.
I have tested in the middle of nowhere both controllers in the same location numerous times and the RC-Pro doesn't come close to the original controller.

Salty much?
2022-2-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

• You can still zoom with the scroll bottom on the RC-N1 controller by using the FN bottom at the same time.
  • The RC-PRO controller gives you OC3+ that is 2W of transmitting power while the RC-N1 gives you OC3 that is 1W
  • The RC-PRO gives you 1080P at 60FPS and the RC-N1 Give you 1080P 30FPS
  • The RC-PRO will mantain the 1000 Nits when the sun heat the device and the Iphone will decreses the nits up to the half when this happen

Just to clarify some miss information here.
2022-2-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This wasn't a comparison between the two controllers for radio range to me; since both return runs were initiated by low battery RTH, not loss of connection.
2022-2-28
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

If you could buy an RC Pro for $800.00, would you? PM me if interested.
2022-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

So much more to the RC Pro than just difference.  

I see Zeus FL was able to dispel some of the misinformation in one of the posts.
2022-2-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-28 15:16
So much more to the RC Pro than just difference.  

I see Zeus FL was able to dispel some of the misinformation in one of the posts.

I can keep going but is just highlights.
  • P1 chip inside the RC-PRO vs S1 inside the RC-N1
  • LTE doungle even when is not going to be avaiable in the US yet.
  • Audio recording
  • Live Streaming

2022-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-28 15:38
I can keep going but is just highlights.
  • P1 chip inside the RC-PRO vs S1 inside the RC-N1
  • LTE doungle even when is not going to be avaiable in the US yet.

•   

Keep on pumping out those videos down there in South Florida Zeus.  
    2022-2-28
    Use props
    Tony64
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 65574 ft
    United Kingdom

Not forgetting the power output diference

2.4GHz                                                       5.8GHz
    CONTROLLER             FCC                                CE                               FCC                          CE
    M3 RC PRO         33dBm/1995mw            20dBm/100mw          33dBm/1995mw       14dBm/25mw
    RC-N1                  26dBm/398mw              20dBm/100mw            26dBm/398mw          14dBm/25mw
    2022-2-28
    Use props
    alex_markov
    Core User of DJI
    Flight distance : 39646480 ft
    • >>>
    Bulgaria

RC Pro was the best "investment" I made recently - for the first time I Can see actually where I am flying on a bright sunny snowy day and sticks are great like on DJI FPV I can fly with a lot more confidence in tight places. I can't comment on the range as I never did a range test - but with M3 for the first time, I can't complain about signal
    2022-2-28
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Cheers Monty.   
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

I won't waste time watching the garbage DaFlys puts on here regularly. I can find it my self by searching on YouTube.

thanks for your continued support TP-FPV.  
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Montfrooij
    Captain
    Flight distance : 2560453 ft
    • >>>
    Netherlands

You're welcome!
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    BrianKushner
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 44281716 ft
    • >>>
    United States

Doesn't matter how long it takes to add a phone to the controller when you have to wait 2-5 minutes for a GPS lock..ha. I also bought a used Galaxy S20 which gives me 1200nits for $450 which can also be used with other NON DJI drones..as well.  Also battery life. I can get more flights with the standard controller and a phone or tablet then the RC Pro.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Oracle Miata
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 3759829 ft
    • >>>
    United States

I thought I would regret my $1300 purchase.  I have not.  This thing craps all over the old SC.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-1 05:34
    I thought I would regret my $1300 purchase.  I have not.  This thing craps all over the old SC.

Its just a shame how few drones it currently supports.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    Flight distance : 10017858 ft
    • >>>
    Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 06:35

When SC came out first it only supported M2p/z. Its supposed to be like SC and be future proofed, so I suppose Mini3 Air3 Air3s etc.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Tornado12
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 356391 ft
    United States

I reluctantly bought the rc pro recently for the mavic 3. I do feel it is over priced for what it is. It is definitely a luxury purchase. All that said I have not been disappointed in flying with it. I much much prefer it over the RCN1 for sure. It just feels better in the hand, all the extra buttons and control are nice. Having everything all in one package is nice. Knowing you have the best signal strength possible is also nice.

Regarding the range though, I dont think most people will see a big difference. If you have open and full line of sight to the drone, both remotes will fly the drone well beyond what most of us are going to want to fly. I have flown out over water and woods for 2-3 miles with both remotes without issue, and I feel that is kinda the limit for me. I just feel nervous getting out that far. I never exceed 390ft in altitude however. 400' is of course the legal limit, and I generally try to stay several feet below that limit at a maximum. My range tests have always been done over water or woods, where not a single soul is around, and the only risk involved really is for me in losing my drone. Where you will notice the transmit power difference is in penetration. The RC Pro will hold stronger signal through tree's and obstacles. In full line of sight, you will struggle to see a difference, even out a couple miles range. The difference in range is not super noticable in my testing, but I have also not tried to fly out 5+ miles, because I just dont feel comfortable getting out that far. I have flown in rural areas where I have tons of tree canopy that blocked line of sight. The RC Pro may do 2 miles out at 200 feet altitude whre the rcn1 would require going up to 350 feet for the same signal strength. This is where you see the difference in transmit power.

Really the RC Pro's just all in one package, extra buttons, great screen and premium feel in the hands is where it exceeds.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Monkey007
    Core User of DJI
    • >>>
    Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 3-1 03:26
    Doesn't matter how long it takes to add a phone to the controller when you have to wait 2-5 minutes for a GPS lock..ha. I also bought a used Galaxy S20 which gives me 1200nits for $450 which can also be used with other NON DJI drones..as well.  Also battery life. I can get more flights with the standard controller and a phone or tablet then the RC Pro.

Very smart thinking there Captain, but you'll still be flying with that joke of a standard controller with no customizable buttons and dials. By the way, doesn't the 2-5 minute wait for GPS only applies to Mavic 3?
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Monkey007
    Core User of DJI
    • >>>
    Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-1 06:35

Haven't we always known toys are expensive? If it works  good on your drone then you're already getting the value out of it. Supporting more drones will be a bonus.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    Monkey007
    Core User of DJI
    • >>>
    Australia

I won't waste time watching the garbage DaFlys puts on here regularly. I can find it my self by searching on YouTube.

This 'test' didn't do nothing in comparing the radio range between the two controllers; as both return runs were due to low battery rather than the loss of signal. It wasn't comparing the range between two battery packs neither; since one landed at not much over 10% and the other with over 20% remaining.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    DJI Stephen
    DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon. In addition, the advantages of the DJI RC Pro compared with the DJI RC-N1 is as follows:

Compared with DJI RC-N1, the DJI RC Pro features:
    1. Easy setup and quick start, which means the remote controller is instantly linked to the aircraft after powering on and there is no need to worry about interference from calls or text messages during flight.
    2. The built-in high-bright screen ensures constant high-bright display all day, without the risk of lowered screen brightness caused by overheating.
    3. DJI RC Pro is also integrated with a powerful processing platform for a more stable and smoother system operation. It also has excellent sound and image quality and supports video expansion output.
    4. Dual-spring controller sticks for a smoother and more precise control experience.
    5. Compared with the 1T2R antenna configuration of DJI RC-N1, DJI RC Pro uses a 2T4R configuration that is more resistant to interference and delivers more stable transmission performance in urban areas with signal interference.
    6. A dial has been added to DJI RC Pro exclusively for camera parameter adjustments, supporting more customizable buttons for more convenient operation.

Thank you.
    2022-3-1
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-1 06:49
    When SC came out first it only supported M2p/z. Its supposed to be like SC and be future proofed, so I suppose Mini3 Air3 Air3s etc.

It will be interesting to see if they add that support in a timely manor.  Its a real shame it didnt launch with support for all the existing drones too.
    2022-3-2
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 3-1 09:23
    Haven't we always known toys are expensive? If it works  good on your drone then you're already getting the value out of it. Supporting more drones will be a bonus.

Thats very true Monkey.
    2022-3-2
    Use props
    gohigh
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 371896 ft
    Turkey

Oh that's the post I've been looking for. You made me turn back to DJI forum I was checking the new amazing Mavic Mini 3 Pro which made me forget about buying MM2. Then I realized this RC-N1 addition. Thanks for the post again +1
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

gohigh Posted at 5-11 00:13
    Oh that's the post I've been looking for. You made me turn back to DJI forum  I was checking the new amazing Mavic Mini 3 Pro which made me forget about buying MM2. Then I realized this RC-N1 addition. Thanks for the post again +1

You’re very welcome gohigh.
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    Grimtheviking
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 11796312 ft
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

I am the same Suren, sitting on the fence... for me it has all the controls, maybe stronger transmission and a better feel to it, but it seems over priced and that small 5 inch screen is small for me.. I am hoping the new Dji RC will become compatible with the M3 and that its possible to add a tablet to it as with the M2 RC,. cant believe the Mini3 got a better RC than the so called flag ship M3. Big let down.
    AUTEL will be coming with the EVO 3 soon.... I will be checking in on that one and its RC.
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    Grimtheviking
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Interesting video, have seen before.
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 5-11 02:11
    Interesting video, have seen before.

Lol.  It was quite an old post that’s just resurfaced.  
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    Grimtheviking
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 02:39
    Lol.  It was quite an old post that’s just resurfaced.

Yeah resurfaced with all the hype about the new Dji RC..
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 5-11 03:04
    Yeah resurfaced with all the hype about the new Dji RC..

It’s just a shame it’s not being updated to mini3 for launch
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    TP-FPV
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 1146821 ft
    United States

More YouTube trash!!! Real world comparisons by one person look for clicks on YouTube says nothing about the controllers range.
    Just more of the same garbage YouTube stuff you keep re-posting on this site thinking it is helpful when its a waste!!!
    You don't see that these YouTube people make a living monetizing their stuff!

2022-5-11
    Use props
    DAFlys
    Captain
    • >>>
    United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 5-11 04:41
    More YouTube trash!!! Real world comparisons by one person look for clicks on YouTube says nothing about the controllers range.

thanks for your support TP-FPV
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    Suren
    Captain
    • >>>
    New Zealand

Grimtheviking Posted at 5-11 01:30
    I am the same Suren, sitting on the fence... for me it has all the controls, maybe stronger transmission and a better feel to it, but it seems over priced and that small 5 inch screen is small for me.. I am hoping the new Dji RC will become compatible with the M3 and that its possible to add a tablet to it as with the M2 RC,. cant believe the Mini3 got a better RC than the so called flag ship M3. Big let down.
    AUTEL will be coming with the EVO 3 soon.... I will be checking in on that one and its RC.

I ended up getting the RC Pro. I is a great RC and I like the extra buttons but don't like how washed and over exposed the image looks on the screen when compared to the iPhone screen and given the price of it I would have expected more but it seems that a very cheap highly exposed screen was used.
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    hallmark007
    Captain
    Flight distance : 10017858 ft
    • >>>
    Ireland

Suren Posted at 5-11 09:15
    I ended up getting the RC Pro. I is a great RC and I like the extra buttons but don't like how washed and over exposed the image looks on the screen when compared to the iPhone screen and given the price of it I would have expected more but it seems that a very cheap highly exposed screen was used.

If thats what your screen looks like there is something wrong. Are you recording in d-log ?
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    Suren
    Captain
    • >>>
    New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-11 09:18
    If thats what your screen looks like there is something wrong. Are you recording in d-log ?

No in Normal mode. It just looks very over exposed on the screen. I assumed that's the way it looks and when I connected the RC N1 and iPhone I could see the colour pop again.
    2022-5-11
    Use props
    12Next >
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules