new Go 4.3.46 not connecting to Mavic Pro
1859 6 2022-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ma_s
lvl.1
United States

2-28-22 Hoping for some help for a newbie to this forum.  Just loaded Go 4.3.46 to Galaxy S10, recently running Android 12.  Finding now, that Go 4.3.37 app will no longer open on phone.  Based on Youtube advise videos, I downoaded Go 4.3.46 APK from DJI, and twice loaded the APK (with reboots, both with and without uninstall of Go 4.3.37, finding similar disappointing results.   I can get the RC to connect to drone (Mavic Pro), and I can fly.  But on phone app, I am unable to get any phone display, "as though" USB cable was not connected.   However, if I disconnect the USB and try again to connect to drone, it will not connect (every time, stuck in step 3 - link to drone greyed out).  I cannot see (or load) if there is a firmware update required, since I cannot see the phone display or link with drone.  Connect camera only option will open but no help if not connecting with drone to assess firmware compatiility.   By the way, unaware of current firmware version, but worked before Android OS 12 update and Go 4.3.37.   Hopefully, there are those on this forum willing to help occasional recreational flyers who are struggling?  I have been flying since early 2017 when licenced, though an occasional flyer, so no expert.  Any advice?

Thank you
2022-2-28
Use props
ma_s
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE/Correction –Sorry, after recheck, I WAS able to connect RC to UAV with USB cable initially disconnected.  And, RC connects to UAV.  But, whether cable connected or not [in "connect to device  aircraft" of initial Go 4 sequence], the app always sticks in step 3 with "link to aircraft" greyed out (with USB connected securely).  Cable is not the problem either.  Bottom line, with the Go 4.3.46, the usual control screen on phone never displays.  And, of course no firmware update noted as being required, since display stuck in step third step of “Connect to device sequence” (where USB connection to phone is requested).  Assume issue lies with Go 4.3.46, since very same devices worked fine with Go 4.3.37, EXCEPT the Android 12 OS was still the ver 11 OS when last operational.  And yes, all batteries always charged fully.  
2022-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 is not supported yet.   You might want to roll back to Android 11.
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ma_s. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Go 4 application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. Please keep us posted for further assistance. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-3-1
Use props
bruksbild
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1021591 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have a similar problem. iPad mini 5 with latest IpadOS. Mavic 2 pro with latest firmware. DJI Go 4 with latest version. I can't get passed the startup screen ( the guy with the horse ). I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it works just fine. Closed the app. Then I tried it again and it gets stuck on start up screen again. Tried it a couple of times and it always ONLY works the first time then I must delete and reinstall to get it to work again..  What is happening??? It used to work just fine with the ipad Mini 5 before.
2022-3-3
Use props
ma_s
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all for the responses!   I was pleased the more experienced pilots/forum participants are willing to help fellow UAV enthusiasts with issues.  Mine issue is still yet unresolved.  By the way, DJI Stephen...  thank you,.  However, I do believe this was the download link I used (at DJI), even downloaded and installed twice.    I will give it a try, nonetheless.   Appreciate any insights folks willing to share.   
2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules