Galaxy S22 Ultra Support
15793 29 2022-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

Is the Mimo app going to be updated to support S22 Ultra? Currently with the latest version I can only record in 1080/60, no 4K
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

Galaxy S22 Ultra Support

Is the Mimo app going to be updated to support S22 Ultra? Currently with the latest version I can only record in 1080/60, no 4K
2022-3-1
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Sorry, but this is the Air 2S forum.  Maybe the Mods could move this to the Mimo forum to help you out?
2022-3-1
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Oof!  My bad.  A Handheld forum is not jumping out at me.  Sorry about that.
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

tonered Posted at 3-1 10:54
Oof!  My bad.  A Handheld forum is not jumping out at me.  Sorry about that.

No worries, I thought I hit OM5 in the drop down. It might've changed when I posted
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. As of the moment the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM5 ( https://www.dji.com/om-5?site=brandsite&from=nav ). In addition, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... tibility%20List.pdf ) . Thank you.
2022-3-1
Use props
Jaredmazzis1
New

Cyprus

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 21:03
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. As of the moment the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM5 ( https://www.dji.com/om-5?site=brandsite&from=nav ). In addition, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/OM%205%20Mobile%20Phone%20Compatibility%20List.pdf ) . Thank you.

Just to confirm the reason I cannot connect to the Mimo app is because it is not yet a supported device?
2022-3-2
Use props
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

Jaredmazzis1 Posted at 3-2 03:25
Just to confirm the reason I cannot connect to the Mimo app is because it is not yet a supported device?

Are you speaking specifically for connecting to the OM5? I can connect to mine it just doesn't have full settings.

Only thing I can think of that might help is VPN. I have to turn it off to connect to any camera app
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jaredmazzis1 Posted at 3-2 03:25

Hi there Jaredmazzis1. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the mobile device that you are using will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it. Thank you.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_crgquYDwIqOM
New

United States

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. As of the moment the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM5 ( https://www.dji.com/om-5?site=brandsite&from=nav ). In addition, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI OM 5 recommended mobile device list ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/OM%205%20Mobile%20Phone%20Compatibility%20List.pdf ) . Thank you.

Will it be in the future? Just wondering if I should wait or return my gimbal.
2022-3-22
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Still no 4k video for my s22 Ultra.
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_LAgnZHuKHLBV
lvl.1
United States

GeorgeGreek Posted at 4-8 05:07

I noticed they updated last week and they JUST put S20+. I think it'll be a while
2022-4-8
Use props
Jamie Eve
New

United Kingdom

Is there any news on a update for mimo app for samsumg s22 ultra please
2022-4-11
Use props
fans59af9013
lvl.1
Flight distance : 724281 ft
Argentina

Same problem here... any news about the compatibility?
2022-4-12
Use props
FlyBy360
New

United States

djiuser_crgquYDwIqOM Posted at 3-22 11:22
Will it be in the future? Just wondering if I should wait or return my gimbal.

Packing mine up to return tomorrow. I have an S22 Ultra and the Mimo app is very limited compared to Apple. Makes no sense. I have owned the Osmo 1,3 and 5. No reason to be this far behind.
2022-4-12
Use props
FlyBy360
New

United States

Packing mine up to return tomorrow. I have an S22 Ultra and the Mimo app is very limited compared to Apple. Makes no sense. I have owned the Osmo 1,3 and 5. No reason to be this far behind.
2022-4-12
Use props
FlyBy360
New

United States

2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jamie Eve Posted at 4-11 14:47
Is there any news on a update for mimo app for samsumg s22 ultra please

Hi there Jamie Eve. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this inquiry. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mimo application in the future. Thank you.
2022-4-14
Use props
djiuser_vLtqxglTKaqT
New
Flight distance : 49675 ft
United States

Same Issue for me
S22 ultra shooting in only 1080P and no full settings
2022-5-6
Use props
leomar85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 724281 ft
Argentina

Still waiting for an update.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_9Qu5eyIxEM0q
New

United States

Just got mine today. Very disappointing.

Still no 4K/60fps support and you still can't use the 10x telephoto. I've seen people say this is a Samsung or Android limitation, but you can find numerous camera apps in the Google play store that support both 60fps recording and the 10x telephoto lense on the S22 without any issues. This is most definitely a problem on DJI's end.

When can we expect an update DJI? I'm all up to date and can't even use all of the built in cameras on my phone.
2022-5-18
Use props
PcFish
lvl.1
United States

They updated Android to v1.7.16 a week or two ago. No changes in device support.

Basically just use it as a dumb gimbal right now.

FYI if anyone uses Filmic cam that can connect to the OM5 for simple FPV follow (no tracking). Records 4k fine with the different lenses. Only the record, switch orientation and joystick work hardware wise
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_M1CMlXV302og
New

United States

Ahhh. Literally finding this out now. Just upgraded to s22 ultra and opened my OM 5. This is a disappointment, all right.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_4T3pj0MWSPBy
lvl.1

France

Dji Om5 n'est donc pas comampatiboe avec le Samsung s22 Ultra? Aucune réponse?
2022-5-24
Use props
rrmccabe
lvl.1

United States

Well since the S21 only has limited support I would not be holding my breath for the S22.

I wish they had a mode that would allow you to run the Phone software and just be a dumb gimbal.  Because the S21 camera app is far superior to the DJI offering in Mimo.
2022-5-27
Use props
Longshots
New

United States

Yeah this is very disappointing. I also have the s22 ultra which is by far the best camera on a cell phone so I can't understand why they wouldn't support it. I don't have time to wait around for them to catch up so I'm sending mine back today as well. Hopefully I can find another one that is up with the times. This is my second disappointment with DJI as I have a drone that they stop supporting and now is bricked so this is my last DJI purchase.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bengal
lvl.1

United States

I find this a sad cop out by DJI posted to all the threads regarding the S22 incompatibility: "Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mimo application in the future. Thank you." I cannot recommend DJI as a technology company for any purpose.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_4T3pj0MWSPBy
lvl.1

France

The osmo 5 does not work with the s22 and s22 ultra, the MIMO application is not functional. I send it back for a competitor the zhiyun smooth 5. It's a shame this lack of compatibility.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_9BgObHDGurL1
New

Canada

djiuser_4T3pj0MWSPBy Posted at 6-8 13:59
The osmo 5 does not work with the s22 and s22 ultra, the MIMO application is not functional. I send it back for a competitor the zhiyun smooth 5. It's a shame this lack of compatibility.

Smooth 5 works fine?
2022-6-17
Use props
Bengal
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_M1CMlXV302og Posted at 5-21 05:03
Ahhh. Literally finding this out now. Just upgraded to s22 ultra and opened my OM 5. This is a disappointment, all right.

I ordered the OM 5 and with a modest case on the S22 Ultra, the OM 5 would not grip the phone.  The software was hard to install and I could not get it to work.  Sent the OM 5 back.   I am still looking for a solution.  What did you end up doing?
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules