Gimbal Disconnected error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 221371 ft
Canada

Hello there, I bought a P3P and I have the gimbal disconnected error. No light on the gimbal but there is control of the gimbal. I tried updating it but it is already on the latest version. Any ideas on how to fix it?
2022-3-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there IRMMZ 1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if the DJI Phantom 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash that happened before? Thank you.
2022-3-3
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-3 19:27
Hello there IRMMZ 1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if the DJI Phantom 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash that happened before? Thank you.

No crashes or hard landings. No signs of damage either. It had just been sitting in storage for a few months.
2022-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the plug at the gimbal board.  Maybe you'll get lucky.  

Otherwise it would have to be the flex cable, right?  I don't know what else it could be.

Good luck
2022-3-4
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-4 13:52
I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the plug at the gimbal board.  Maybe you'll get lucky.  

Otherwise it would have to be the flex cable, right?  I don't know what else it could be.

No luck, took it apart and reconnected cables, all of them. I am starting to think it may be fried. Because of this forum: https://phantompilots.com/thread ... mbal-issues.148567/
2022-3-4
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

I think this is the best option since eBay doesn't have any. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 3c00wPeiXJ&mp=1
2022-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay I thought the "gimbal disconnected" error meant you had a hardware problem such as a broken cable.  The "No FPV" is a fairly common problem with these drones (not the P4) and can be resolved by flashing the NAND - IF all you have is a missing FPV.  Lots of P3 owners - and P2 owners too - have repaired their FPV "black screen" problems by following this OP:

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sistant-tool.77073/

If the entire downlink signal is missing, that's different.  This OP might help:  Fix no video feed / black screen / no image transmission / no FPV on Ph3 Pro | DJI Phantom Drone Forum (phantompilots.com)

Good luck

Edit:  It seems likely to me that those boards being sold by aliexpress are probaby counterfeit - flashing your existing NAND would likely be better
2022-3-5
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-5 04:29
Okay I thought the "gimbal disconnected" error meant you had a hardware problem such as a broken cable.  The "No FPV" is a fairly common problem with these drones (not the P4) and can be resolved by flashing the NAND - IF all you have is a missing FPV.  Lots of P3 owners - and P2 owners too - have repaired their FPV "black screen" problems by following this OP:

That seems a bit too complicated for me since idk how to solder. I live in Toronto and are there any repair shops that can do this?
Edit: Yea, Ambarella chip problem. Will use a multimeter later since I have no time right now.
Edit: yup, Ambarella chip fault.
2022-3-5
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

I would much rather have a professional do this for me then me doing this and possibly wrecking it even further.
2022-3-5
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

IRMMZ 1 Posted at 3-5 05:35
That seems a bit too complicated for me since idk how to solder. I live in toronto and are there any repair shops that can do this?

2022-3-5
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-5 04:29

Oh, and do I have to touch the pads 12V and GND while the craft is on?
2022-3-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

IRMMZ 1 Posted at 3-5 07:07
Oh, and do I have to touch the pads 12V and GND while the craft is on?

The board is removed from the drone when the soldering and flash is done.  The power and the flash comes via your desktop's usb.  

Reading through the thread might be helpful.  

A drone repair service should be happy to do it for you.  

It's not as bad as it looks if you take your time and it helps to know a little DOS.  

If you look at the last post in the thread, Gaucho is willing to do the flash for you - for a fee - if you don't mind shipping the board to Europe.  
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IRMMZ 1 Posted at 3-4 04:57
No crashes or hard landings. No signs of damage either. It had just been sitting in storage for a few months.

Hi there IRMMZ 1. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Since we are still having this issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-3-5
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 21:20
Hi there IRMMZ 1. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Since we are still having this issue with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks, I will contact them on Monday. See if they can fix the problem!
2022-3-6
Use props
IRMMZ 1
lvl.3
Canada

Update: They agreed for me to send it back and give me a damage assessment. Hope the repair isn't too expensive!
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IRMMZ 1 Posted at 3-6 05:57
Thanks, I will contact them on Monday. See if they can fix the problem!

Hi there IRMMZ 1. Thank you for the reply and for given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules