What does yellow battery voltage mean in Go4 app?
1765 17 2022-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

I have now flown with my Mavic 2 Pro for 1 ½ years and with the RC with DJI Go 4 app. This weekend I noticed that at time of landing when I checked the battery temp and voltages, I noticed that the voltage was displayed in Yellow. This was the first time I have ever seen it in this colour. The outside temperature was +3 deg C. The battery voltage was 14,52V and battery temp was 38,1 deg C. The battery has 66 charges on it and I have kept them in top conditions according in the very best conditions at all times. I also noticed that when the drone landed the colour changed from yellow voltage display to normal green. There was still 23% battery left and the cell voltages were 3,62V.

My question is, what does the yellow voltage display mean?

Screenshot_20220307-110637_Video Player.jpg
2022-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If the battery level was >30% it would be showing in Green and I suspect that if it was <20% it would be showing in red.
Yellow = 20-30%
2022-3-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The display color of the battery level indicators will change in the DJI GO 4 App based on the different battery levels. If there is no error message on the App, the battery can be used normally. As shown below:

The display color would be green when the voltage is 4.35 V–3.62 V, yellow when the voltage is 3.62 V–3.5 V, and red when the voltage is 3.5 V–3.0 V.
2022-3-7
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 3-7 14:07
If the battery level was >30% it would be showing in Green and I suspect that if it was

Thank you for your reply and explanation. So this is just normal and nothing to worry about.
2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-7 22:58
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. The display color of the battery level indicators will change in the DJI GO 4 App based on the different battery levels. If there is no error message on the App, the battery can be used normally. As shown below:

The display color would be green when the voltage is 4.35 V–3.62 V, yellow when the voltage is 3.62 V–3.5 V, and red when the voltage is 3.5 V–3.0 V.

Hello Wanda and than you for your detailed explanation. So this is nothing to worry about and the battery is OK and in good condition. I first thought that the battery was starting to get old and is not in the best condition any more.
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 3-8 01:16
Hello Wanda and than you for your detailed explanation. So this is nothing to worry about and the battery is OK and in good condition. I first thought that the battery was starting to get old and is not in the best condition any more.

It is good to hear your update. Please take care of your battery and enjoy your flight.
2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you upload your flight log to airdata.com they have a feature that can check the logs for the battery cells and give you an idea if the battery is healthy or not.
2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 01:29
If you upload your flight log to airdata.com they have a feature that can check the logs for the battery cells and give you an idea if the battery is healthy or not.

OK many thanks, I will try this, as I have never done this before.
2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 3-8 01:31
OK many thanks, I will try this, as I have never done this before.

Heres an example from one of my M2P batteries.   The deviation in this case is because the battery was cold at take off and the graph shows it gets better as it warms up.

2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 01:41
Heres an example from one of my M2P batteries.   The deviation in this case is because the battery was cold at take off and the graph shows it gets better as it warms up.

[view_image]

Excellent DAFlys. Thanks very much for showing this info and the battery graph. Much appreciated indeed. I will now look for Airdata and try it.
2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 01:41
Heres an example from one of my M2P batteries.   The deviation in this case is because the battery was cold at take off and the graph shows it gets better as it warms up.

[view_image]

Do I understand this correct re Airdata. It is not for your computer, but for your mobile phone? It needs to be installed on your phone.
2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Aha, got it. As I always copy the flight data to my computer I was able to upload this data for one flight to Airdatas web site on my computer and it worked. Actually very easy to use. Pitt I was unable to see that battery temperatures though.
Many thanks again DAFLYs

2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 3-8 01:53
Excellent DAFlys. Thanks very much for showing this info and the battery graph. Much appreciated indeed. I will now look for Airdata and try it.

I just have the free account where they store the last 100 flights.  but you get cool things like a badge for your signature.

[See My Other Content...]

2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 3-8 02:04
Do I understand this correct re Airdata. It is not for your computer, but for your mobile phone? It needs to be installed on your phone.

Its a website.   There is an app called HD Sync that will copy your log file from your DJI account to them for analysis or you can do it manually.
2022-3-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 23:51
Its a website.   There is an app called HD Sync that will copy your log file from your DJI account to them for analysis or you can do it manually.

What I think I read was that they talked about an app to be installed on your phone, so that you can actually see all data there as the flight data is already on the phone. I haven't gone back ad checked this. However, as you say, it is a website and I found it very easy to use, as I have a copy of all flight data on the computer. The app they talked about could have been for something else???

Yes, I now have the free account and 100 flight stored will take a long time for me to use up, as I would only use the system now and again when something happens and I want to learn more of this.

Many thanks again for your kind assistance DAFlys and advice on this nice program.
2022-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 3-9 00:46
What I think I read was that they talked about an app to be installed on your phone, so that you can actually see all data there as the flight data is already on the phone. I haven't gone back ad checked this. However, as you say, it is a website and I found it very easy to use, as I have a copy of all flight data on the computer. The app they talked about could have been for something else???

Yes, I now have the free account and 100 flight stored will take a long time for me to use up, as I would only use the system now and again when something happens and I want to learn more of this.

The 100 logs auto archives as you add more,  so you dont need to go back and remove anything when you add new,  

You can also setup airdata to download the logs automatically from DJI under your account settings,  but I find the HD Sync app better for that.
2022-3-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 00:54
The 100 logs auto archives as you add more,  so you dont need to go back and remove anything when you add new,  

You can also setup airdata to download the logs automatically from DJI under your account settings,  but I find the HD Sync app better for that.

OK, now I understand . Thanks again for explaining. I must have misunderstood or need stronger glasses he he he.....
2022-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 3-9 01:01
OK, now I understand . Thanks again for explaining. I must have misunderstood or need stronger glasses he he he.....

No probs kyalami.    Its actually good to see DJI partnering with Airdata for services like this.
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules