Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all

I have been flying with my Mavic Air Gen1 with a PGY Tech 1/4" mount where I mounted DJI Pocket on top and flying and videoing.  It works interestingly well (perfectly balance), then I put it to sport mode and continue flying.  After I landed, a message on DJI go app informing the battery has overheated.  

Is extra load causing the overheating?  
If I am planning to fly with additional load, what is the threshold temperature I should be aware of?   
2022-3-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David-Air. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Since you have mounted your DJI Osmo Pocket to your DJI Mavic Air. The said mount and weight of the DJI camera might affect the your DJI Mavic Air's performance that is why you are receiving this error message on the DJI Go 4 application. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend our DJI co pilots to mount 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drone. There is a  possibility that these accessories mounted will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use and if it will work all the time with no issues. In addition, DJI do not recommend to fly your DJI Mavic Air this error message with ( battery has overheated ) for a long time. If the battery overheats, please turn it off and wait until it cools down. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules