• >>>
New Zealand

I wonder if this is true

IMG_1492.PNG
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future accessories and updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not sure there would be much point of this as currently the EU rules imply that any modification to make it compliant has to be done by the manufacturer or an authorised dealer.    The consumer cant make the change.
2022-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fake news ?  There's so much of it about.
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Honestly I got so many props with my M3 combo I’d need another 2 M3’s to wear them out.
2022-3-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

OsitaLV is a fairly reliable leaker.  Which drone law changed in EU to require less speed, flight time and maneuverability?  Could be he is not right this time.  
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 00:45
Im not sure there would be much point of this as currently the EU rules imply that any modification to make it compliant has to be done by the manufacturer or an authorised dealer.    The consumer cant make the change.

Normally this guy is spot on with his leaks
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 3-9 00:58
Fake news ?  There's so much of it about.

It could be but he is normally quite good with leaks
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 01:01
Honestly I got so many props with my M3 combo I’d need another 2 M3’s to wear them out.

LOL
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-9 03:56
OsitaLV is a fairly reliable leaker.  Which drone law changed in EU to require less speed, flight time and maneuverability?  Could be he is not right this time.

Yeah he is normally reliable. Not sure about which law but we will need to wait and see. I did not even know there was an EU version M3.
2022-3-9
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Imagine trying to police if someone is using the correct props..

I'm all for them if it gives us the A1/C1 class though, but it's stupid that they went with the 900g rule over just demanding prop guards for the C1 rating.
2022-3-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-9 11:27

I'm all for them if it gives us the A1/C1 class though, but it's stupid that they went with the 900g rule over just demanding prop guards for the C1 rating.

why would that be difficult?  if the goal is to insure that drones up in the airspace are safely flying using only approved and certified equipment then yes that would be difficult.  but if the goal is to allow for spot inspections, stop and detain flyers, quibble about specifications and implementations, confiscate suspected violations....this will be spot on.

i understand the point of classification but it is going to be abused when it comes to enforcement.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2022-3-9
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

This is really getting crazy with European rules. I don't support them, however I'm forced to follow them as I live in Spain... We just need a European version of the FAA with actually good rules  
But seriously tho, making new props just to comply with European laws is crazy...
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 3-9 11:27

Prop guards would be a disaster, they are not safe unless flying low around objects people etc. I don’t think there will be much policing unless you’re acting like a Nob.
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 3-9 11:46
why would that be difficult?  if the goal is to insure that drones up in the airspace are safely flying using only approved and certified equipment then yes that would be difficult.  but if the goal is to allow for spot inspections, stop and detain flyers, quibble about specifications and implementations, confiscate suspected violations....this will be spot on.

i understand the point of classification but it is going to be abused when it comes to enforcement.

If you do nothing wrong police will not stop you, in many countries police need a reason for stopping you, so unless you’re are acting like an idiot nobody will be checking your props. I would hope the police have more important things to do.
2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

When the rules for the small drone are more strict then commercial aircraft, and the government says its for safety, but the result is hindered flight, people should go nutts.  Stand up to fascist government rules against drones, or we will lose them.  If true, its a setback for drones.  UE will push making them unsafe and less flight worthy for safety.  Ok, prop guards for them stupid single engine aircraft.  Right, they don't make sense.  Props are dangerous, and it is what it is.  Just like an automobile.  
2022-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 3-9 10:13
Normally this guy is spot on with his leaks

I could imagine that new ones sold would be fitted with them,  but there would be no benefit at the moment to the consumer doing it.
2022-3-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 16:39
Prop guards would be a disaster, they are not safe unless flying low around objects people etc. I don’t think there will be much policing unless you’re acting like a Nob.

Sorry, let me add some clarity to my prop guards point:

If these smaller props mean that the A1/C1 certification can be added, then that means the Mavic 3 can be flown within 5 metres of the public. It's impossible for anyone to design a prop which would stop someone from losing an eye, which would still remain sturdy and reliable in flight.

I'm saying that if you want to fly close to people when the A1 rules get applied to a drone, the prop guards are the safest means because there is a physical lateral barrier between the blade tip and point of impact.

Further to this, if we're about to get a smaller prop to install, then it'll have to spin faster to maintain flight, so we're getting something even more dangerous?...
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 3-10 00:27
Sorry, let me add some clarity to my prop guards point:

If these smaller props mean that the A1/C1 certification can be added, then that means the Mavic 3 can be flown within 5 metres of the public. It's impossible for anyone to design a prop which would stop someone from losing an eye, which would still remain sturdy and reliable in flight.

I agree smaller props are probably more dangerous . And prop guards might mitigate some danger . I still think there is enough risk there to cause damage. Maybe putting prop guards on would only allow drone to fly in slow (cine) mode only, that might be an option that would be a lot safer for flying around people.
2022-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 10:14
Yeah he is normally reliable. Not sure about which law but we will need to wait and see. I did not even know there was an EU version M3.

I was not aware of a EU version of the M3 either.  Bit strange if that is the case.  
2022-3-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-10 00:18
I could imagine that new ones sold would be fitted with them,  but there would be no benefit at the moment to the consumer doing it.

I doubt it will make a change but it will be nice to know what the new EU law around the drones are
2022-3-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

so i guess you can see what it will look like when the "drone police" expand their role from not only flying drones for operations but also for law enforcement.  not saying this is going to happen in the UK or anywhere else but you can see why it's important to understand the laws and "agree" with them....on both sides.  in my opinion, the laws are not designed to enhance safety because flying a drone is among the safest recreational activities in the world.  the law is designed to jam up flyers and control the hobby.  if you drive a car with tail lights that are white (instead of red), that is a safety hazard and it has been known to cause a lot of property damage and perhaps some injuries/fatalities.  you will be briefly stopped and detained, given a $100 citation and told to fix it, and then released.  hypothetically, if your drone is found to be flying with non-compliant props, you could be arrested, face fines up to $50,000, and your equipment is confiscated and likely never returned when such an "infraction" have never ever hurt a single person or cause even a dollar's worth of damage.

watch this video.  i don't know the guy, i don't care what he is doing (because it isn't relevant), i don't have any comments that are distracting about anything else that is going on here because it's just one example of a possible million encounters to come; i just wish everyone would join me in seeing the light which is nothing good is coming from additional drone laws and drone scrutiny:   (starts at 19:00 mark)
2022-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 3-10 09:55
I doubt it will make a change but it will be nice to know what the new EU law around the drones are

The new drone rules have been in place since the beginning of the year,  its just no one is making EU classified drones yet,  so they will fall into a legacy category and be severely restricted.
2022-3-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-10 10:57
so i guess you can see what it will look like when the "drone police" expand their role from not only flying drones for operations but also for law enforcement.  not saying this is going to happen in the UK or anywhere else but you can see why it's important to understand the laws and "agree" with them....on both sides.  in my opinion, the laws are not designed to enhance safety because flying a drone is among the safest recreational activities in the world.  the law is designed to jam up flyers and control the hobby.  if you drive a car with tail lights that are white (instead of red), that is a safety hazard and it has been known to cause a lot of property damage and perhaps some injuries/fatalities.  you will be briefly stopped and detained, given a $100 citation and told to fix it, and then released.  hypothetically, if your drone is found to be flying with non-compliant props, you could be arrested, face fines up to $50,000, and your equipment is confiscated and likely never returned when such an "infraction" have never ever hurt a single person or cause even a dollar's worth of damage.

watch this video.  i don't know the guy, i don't care what he is doing (because it isn't relevant), i don't have any comments that are distracting about anything else that is going on here because it's just one example of a possible million encounters to come; i just wish everyone would join me in seeing the light which is nothing good is coming from additional drone laws and drone scrutiny:   (starts at 19:00 mark)

I'm sorry, but that video you've posted is just utterly ridiculous. These videos are created purposefully so that they can test the limits of the law and the stupid thing is that he broke the law because he took a drone off from land in which he didn't have permission - the police officer should have known this.

The 'drone police' are just police, there are laws in place which all police officers can enforce. They probably just sent out one of the police drone operators as they were slightly more up on the laws and could deal with the situation better, but let me assure you that this is rare to say the least. I think you need to consider the fact that someone was filming a prison and flying a drone on the boundary which is going to raise alarms.

Given the potential severity of the problem, the police did absolutely nothing to verify what he said about the drone. Perhaps I should just say I'm flying a Mavic Mini if I'm ever approached and I'll be blindly trusted and allowed to do what I like.

Have you ever visited the UK out of interest?
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 3-11 01:06
I'm sorry, but that video you've posted is just utterly ridiculous. These videos are created purposefully so that they can test the limits of the law and the stupid thing is that he broke the law because he took a drone off from land in which he didn't have permission - the police officer should have known this.

The 'drone police' are just police, there are laws in place which all police officers can enforce. They probably just sent out one of the police drone operators as they were slightly more up on the laws and could deal with the situation better, but let me assure you that this is rare to say the least. I think you need to consider the fact that someone was filming a prison and flying a drone on the boundary which is going to raise alarms.

The guy was just being a thick A$$ , it was clear he was trying to prove a ridiculous point by taunting and forcing the police to come out wasting both his and there time. Trying to push the law because he has nothing else to do. Nothing can be done about these time wasters and thats a pity. Lets hope other serious crimes didn’t go without detection because he purposely wasted police time.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Those police officers were professional, polite, and very reasonable. Too bad they didn't beat the sh%t out of the moron filming them. I'd love to see him try that in the US.
2022-3-11
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regard to the video - t appears there area number of drone pilots that just set out to goad authorities. Geo-fencing on DJI drones is far from accurate and shouldn't really be the method used to determine if a flight is legal. The police actually missed a trick - they should have asked the pilot where he got his permission for take off and landing
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-11 01:06

The 'drone police' are just police, there are laws in place which all police officers can enforce. They probably just sent out one of the police drone operators as they were slightly more up on the laws and could deal with the situation better, but let me assure you that this is rare to say the least. I think you need to consider the fact that someone was filming a prison and flying a drone on the boundary which is going to raise alarms.

like i said, who cares about the video.  it's just an example.  there's a huge comment section on yt if you want to debate his antics, his purpose, his intent, etc.  i would like to discuss the topic of this thread which is the future legal aspects of flying a drone as it relates to law enforcement.

what is this?  https://www.npcc.police.uk/ThePo ... naluseofdrones.aspx

no i don't live in the uk.  i don't live in china or russia either but i'm not blind.  i live in the usa.  if you don't know anything about the drone police that is slowly becoming a thing around the world, then i can spend time in another thread and tell you more about it but i get it, you could probably care less...."follow the rules and all".....  but it doesn't surprise me not in the least bit that most drone flyers have no idea what is happening right under their nose.

i agree it is rare...rare until more drones start flying, more cops are educated, and the drone law framework is bolstered and propped up to the point where this situation would have led to arrest, confiscation, and conviction of the drone flyer.  it's being built on your watch and under your nose because you (and others) don't care if the "stupid" drone flyers are detained, if it's ok for the police to come out and make contact simply because they are being "baited", or if people who have nothing else better to do are not allows to exercise their rights....as long as you get your rights and you are treated fairly, correct?

but yes ive been to the uk and i get it, the uk citizens should not be blinded trusted, they should be stopped and questioned by the police who should decide if they're planning to commit future crimes (as you said) especially if they are doing something like flying a gd drone.  /s
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 02:41
The guy was just being a thick A$$ , it was clear he was trying to prove a ridiculous point by taunting and forcing the police to come out wasting both his and there time. Trying to push the law because he has nothing else to do. Nothing can be done about these time wasters and thats a pity. Lets hope other serious crimes didn’t go without detection because he purposely wasted police time.

as i said earlier, i agree it's not ideal.  but you can't wait for ordinary situations to develop before you challenge the law.  drone pilots need to advocate and they need to go out and make it happen and often times, it's not going to look pretty.  i understand that turns off a lot of people but the point is to challenge the law and exercise your rights and educate the public and the police.  the whole point of protests and activism is to force the situation and push and test the boundaries BEFORE it gets entrenched.  obviously this is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way but in my opinion, there is no other effective way to get it done.  however, anyone who has a better idea other than just to "go along with the program" are more than welcome to get out there and make it happen.  for me, i don't look down on people who don't "elegantly" exercise their rights or "taunt" the government.  not how i would do it but im not going to cheer on the police to beat him down, take his drone, and lock him up because i think he is "thick."
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gelert Posted at 3-11 06:42
With regard to the video - t appears there area number of drone pilots that just set out to goad authorities. Geo-fencing on DJI drones is far from accurate and shouldn't really be the method used to determine if a flight is legal. The police actually missed a trick - they should have asked the pilot where he got his permission for take off and landing

yep, that's right.  there are tricks and loopholes and all kinds of hidden mechanisms built in the law that the police can used against the drone pilot and to control the drone hobby....but only use it if they "need" to.
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 3-11 07:47
as i said earlier, i agree it's not ideal.  but you can't wait for ordinary situations to develop before you challenge the law.  drone pilots need to advocate and they need to go out and make it happen and often times, it's not going to look pretty.  i understand that turns off a lot of people but the point is to challenge the law and exercise your rights and educate the public and the police.  the whole point of protests and activism is to force the situation and push and test the boundaries BEFORE it gets entrenched.  obviously this is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way but in my opinion, there is no other effective way to get it done.  however, anyone who has a better idea other than just to "go along with the program" are more than welcome to get out there and make it happen.  for me, i don't look down on people who don't "elegantly" exercise their rights or "taunt" the government.  not how i would do it but im not going to cheer on the police to beat him down, take his drone, and lock him up because i think he is "thick."

Its just there are so many other ways he could make his point.
2022-3-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-11 07:38
like i said, who cares about the video.  it's just an example.  there's a huge comment section on yt if you want to debate his antics, his purpose, his intent, etc.  i would like to discuss the topic of this thread which is the future legal aspects of flying a drone as it relates to law enforcement.

what is this?  https://www.npcc.police.uk/ThePoliceChiefsBlog/DACLucyDOrsidiscussescriminaluseofdrones.aspx

Well it's difficult to not discuss the video when you've used it as an example. You raised points about drone policing, but the video you used was someone goading police into investigating his suspicious behaviour. The fact he wasn't arrested is more of a surprise, so your point about exercising his rights is pointless - he broke the law.

You've shared a blog post of a police officer who is developing counter drone strategy for the UK police. I don't get what the problem is with this? We also have police in charge of banking fraud strategy and one who heads up crimes against animals too. This just shows that our police are taking on a role to deal with the illegal use of drones and something like the video you posted would be something they would look to investigate and work out a way to counter such actions for any potential future incidents.

It seems like you're posting links/videos to UK police stuff and building some kind of picture of how policing in this country works and might become, when it's not the case.
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 09:46
Its just there are so many other ways he could make his point.

of course there are other ways.  like i said, i wouldn't do it that way.

i also don't believe a bunch of trucks should block the highways and bridges for weeks to protest an illegal government mandate.  but i recognize that nothing will get done unless there is pain and friction and people are made to be super uncomfortable.  i would love it if the drone industry could elect a spokesperson who would take up our issues "the right way" but that hasn't worked, in fact it is failing miserably.  we're not quite there but drastic times call for drastic measures.  im trying to get ahead of this....flying a drone is not a right which makes this particularly difficult.  what would be helpful is if all the drone pilots were all on the same page.
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-11 10:05
Well it's difficult to not discuss the video when you've used it as an example. You raised points about drone policing, but the video you used was someone goading police into investigating his suspicious behaviour. The fact he wasn't arrested is more of a surprise, so your point about exercising his rights is pointless - he broke the law.

You've shared a blog post of a police officer who is developing counter drone strategy for the UK police. I don't get what the problem is with this? We also have police in charge of banking fraud strategy and one who heads up crimes against animals too. This just shows that our police are taking on a role to deal with the illegal use of drones and something like the video you posted would be something they would look to investigate and work out a way to counter such actions for any potential future incidents.

as soon as i find another video, i'll post it.  but you don't have to wait for me, just check for yourself.  they are there.  ok, let's do this instead.  it's a long video (i am not the author) but i'll post it and you can watch parts of it, then tell me what you think.  im not picking on the uk, i've said this all along....this is coming for everybody, everywhere.

2022-3-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-11 10:31
as soon as i find another video, i'll post it.  but you don't have to wait for me, just check for yourself.  they are there.  ok, let's do this instead.  it's a long video (i am not the author) but i'll post it and you can watch parts of it, then tell me what you think.  im not picking on the uk, i've said this all along....this is coming for everybody, everywhere.

https://youtu.be/hoPa-mH4FNM

Fantastic - you've just proved that you are fear mongering:

"The drone police are coming" - the title of a podcast where someone interviews two NPCC (National Police Chief Council) Counter Drone Team. The title implies that the police are soon to be on the show, not what the future will look like.

31:00 onwards is the police talking about enforcement and is actually exactly what I'd want to hear from the police.

33:20 explains their common sense approach to policing, which aligns with the first video you shared. I'd take the time to carefully listen to this section, it goes against all you're saying.

At this stage, I'd probably just say for you to worry about the policing in your own state/country. I've commercially operated drones in the UK for 10 years now and you are honestly talking utter BS.
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-11 10:57
Fantastic - you've just proved that you are fear mongering:

"The drone police are coming" - the title of a podcast where someone interviews two NPCC (National Police Chief Council) Counter Drone Team. The title implies that the police are soon to be on the show, not what the future will look like.

agreed, i think the video is nothing more than government propaganda.  the police are toning it down and pretending like they have this big national security and organized crime agenda when it comes to drone and they'll leave the little guy alone.   'nothing to see here; we're here for the terrorists."

so yeah, in a way im "fear mongering" because i can see thru all this and im strictly speaking about the nonsense that is yet to come and not what is already here now or in your relative tame past.  i get it, you feel fine; all is good said the ukrainians; nothing is going to happen to us.  but i can see it coming.  if you cannot....not sure what to say about that; carry on.  all i know is remote id is the beginning of the end of the hobby and we are doing nothing but letting it happen.  i follow the law and i don't use some of the harsh techniques employed by others but my take is hit it hard early on and push back hard NOW while there is something left to push back against.  i live in a free country and "infringe" comes to mind when i see and hear the current discussion....and that only leads to one thing:  loss of freedom.  lot of people don't know what that's like.
2022-3-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-11 13:58
agreed, i think the video is nothing more than government propaganda.  the police are toning it down and pretending like they have this big national security and organized crime agenda when it comes to drone and they'll leave the little guy alone.   'nothing to see here; we're here for the terrorists."

so yeah, in a way im "fear mongering" because i can see thru all this and im strictly speaking about the nonsense that is yet to come and not what is already here now or in your relative tame past.  i get it, you feel fine; all is good said the ukrainians; nothing is going to happen to us.  but i can see it coming.  if you cannot....not sure what to say about that; carry on.  all i know is remote id is the beginning of the end of the hobby and we are doing nothing but letting it happen.  i follow the law and i don't use some of the harsh techniques employed by others but my take is hit it hard early on and push back hard NOW while there is something left to push back against.  i live in a free country and "infringe" comes to mind when i see and hear the current discussion....and that only leads to one thing:  loss of freedom.  lot of people don't know what that's like.

"i live in a free country" - I got a good laugh out of that.

Off topic, but I'd love you to elaborate on what exactly your freedoms are.
2022-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 3-11 14:53
"i live in a free country" - I got a good laugh out of that.

Off topic, but I'd love you to elaborate on what exactly your freedoms are.

off the top of my head, i can think of 10 which are the symbol and foundation of freedom and individual liberty and were created specifically to put an end to whatever tyranny and usurpations from your king and gain independence and restore power to where it belongs, with the people; not the government, not the police, not the rules class.  no disrespect intended.  
2022-3-11
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W Posted at 3-11 05:56
Those police officers were professional, polite, and very reasonable. Too bad they didn't beat the sh%t out of the moron filming them. I'd love to see him try that in the US.

In the US they will arrest you first and them they ask questions.
2022-3-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules