Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Go4 does not work on the S22 Ultra : (
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI Go 4 application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for DJI Go 4 applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application when using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2022-3-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 17:03
Hello there AntDX316. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI Go 4 application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for DJI Go 4 applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application when using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

Release and update for it to work again?  I don't think I would need to ever use it as the Smart Controller is what I use and the other drones, I use the Fly App that works on the phone.
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 3-10 18:44
Release and update for it to work again?  I don't think I would need to ever use it as the Smart Controller is what I use and the other drones, I use the Fly App that works on the phone.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant engineer for further assessment. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-3-10
Use props
Zoomzu
lvl.2
United States

Hello there AntDX316. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for these DJI Go 4 application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 applications for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for DJI Go 4 applications we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application when using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

I'm having issues as well with my S20 +. It used to work. The app Version from Google Play is 4.3.37. The version from the link you posted is  4.3.46 my phone says might be harmful. I download anyway. Then security won't let it download from unknown source.

Edit: Got the download....now it works. Not sure why the new version isn't on the Play store?

2022-3-10
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

There is an ongoing issue with S21 ultra with the Bluetooth disconnecting all the time...
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Zoomzu Posted at 3-10 22:50
I'm having issues as well with my S20 +. It used to work. The app Version from Google Play is 4.3.37. The version from the link you posted is  4.3.46 my phone says might be harmful. I download anyway. Then security won't let it download from unknown source.

Edit: Got the download....now it works. Not sure why the new version isn't on the Play store?

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We recommend you download the latest version from our official website. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MTXFR Posted at 3-10 23:04
There is an ongoing issue with S21 ultra with the Bluetooth disconnecting all the time...

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please tell us what specific problems you encountered?
2022-3-10
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

DJI Thor Posted at 3-10 23:28
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please tell us what specific problems you encountered?

The connection is established and then, it will disconnect after 1 to 5 minutes, most of the time (but it alwyas disconnects)
I need to exit the app and restart it. The connexion works again to be interrupted a few minutes after.
I have the latest APK
2022-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MTXFR Posted at 3-12 01:27
The connection is established and then, it will disconnect after 1 to 5 minutes, most of the time (but it alwyas disconnects)
I need to exit the app and restart it. The connexion works again to be interrupted a few minutes after.
I have the latest APK

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Could you please tell us what product you use? If it's convenient, please try to use another device to check if the problem persists?
2022-3-12
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

DJI Thor Posted at 3-12 23:27
Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Could you please tell us what product you use? If it's convenient, please try to use another device to check if the problem persists?

It's the DJI OM 5. With the latest APK and android 12
I also need to link the gamble after a long period (24 hours ) of not using it, I mean by that the app doesn't mention any connected phone. The green light on solid on the gamble
I have no other compatible besides a Redmi note 8 pro which is ven more nightamrish to connect (worked 2 minutes connection and then lost it and I had to reset BT)
2022-3-13
Use props
Ty1967
New
Flight distance : 144816 ft
United Kingdom

I too can not use any DJI app on my s21 ultra 5g, tried everything but no joy. Thinking of just getting rid of DJI and going with Hubsan as all their stuff works, they are cheaper and work better. The customer service is way better than DJI and they don't seem to have any problems no matter what phone I use, to be honest I have just had enough of DJIs faults and problems and the lack of problems being fixed. I have 3 DJI drones I just cant fly, what's the point of keeping them they are just very expensive paperweights...
2022-3-13
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

Could we have some more help as we can't use our device?
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MTXFR Posted at 3-14 12:38
Could we have some more help as we can't use our device?

Greatly sorry for the inconvenience. If it is convenient, could you please borrow another device to have a try? Could you please give us a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
Andytom698
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112516 ft
  • >>>
Italy

the serious problem is that there is no video return on the smartphone inside the dji go 4 app, this with our s22 ultra with exynos processor. now we are many users to have the problem it needs to be resolved at sooner.
2022-3-23
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

Andytom698 Posted at 3-23 11:34
the serious problem is that there is no video return on the smartphone inside the dji go 4 app, this with our s22 ultra with exynos processor. now we are many users to have the problem it needs to be resolved at sooner.

I fully agree: the top phones on the market cannot be properly used with their products. When will we get an update?
2022-3-24
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

DJI Thor Posted at 3-22 02:50
Greatly sorry for the inconvenience. If it is convenient, could you please borrow another device to have a try? Could you please give us a video of the issue described to do a confirmation? Thank you.

I don't know anyone my phone, but these issues are well documented
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MTXFR Posted at 3-24 10:10
I don't know anyone my phone, but these issues are well documented

Sorry for any inconvenience. Would you please provide us with a related video of the issue described and export the APP Log for our further confirmation? Here are the steps:
1. Connect your device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the file path for logs of the DJI MIMO app as required. (Internal storage/Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG)
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us.
2022-3-24
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

I have done it. Where do I put the link?
2022-3-26
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

DJI Thor Posted at 3-24 20:35
Sorry for any inconvenience. Would you please provide us with a related video of the issue described and export the APP Log for our further confirmation? Here are the steps:
1. Connect your device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.

Where do I put the link?
2022-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MTXFR Posted at 4-3 02:05
Where do I put the link?

Thanks for your reply. You are advised to send the link via PM. We will forward it to our engineer for further confirmation.
2022-4-3
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 19:05
Thanks for your reply. You are advised to send the link via PM. We will forward it to our engineer for further confirmation.

Done! Thank you!
2022-4-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thanks for your update. We have sent you a PM. Please have a check.
2022-4-11
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

Guys, you keep driving us around since October. Not being able to use the drone because of new mobile device (Pixel 6 Pro) is pity. Android 12 released their first developer preview in March of 2021. Don't tell me there was no time to update apps. The same thing happened with Android 11 as well. There's a big audience waiting for you to fix the issue asap, since some of them are making money exclusively by flying. From what I can tell, lawsuit charges won't do any good for DJI's reputation. I'm saying all of this since the equipment you're selling is everything but not cheap, so if a customer pays for product, he expects the product to work and to be updated. Give us ETA on the next DJI GO 4 app.
2022-4-13
Use props
djiuser_oG0k9Z9VCNtj
New

Czechia

Thanks for your information.

We checked with our engineers, we are working to make your device Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. Please be patient and multiple compatibility tests will be performed as soon as possible to ensure the usage stability.

If you have an urgent flight mission, we recommend you use a mobile device in the below compatible list to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues.

For your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, kindly wait for the next DJI GO 4 APP version.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_oG0k9Z9VCNtj
New

Czechia

MTXFR Posted at 3-24 10:10
I fully agree: the top phones on the market cannot be properly used with their products. When will we get an update?

Thanks for your information.

We checked with our engineers, we are working to make your device Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. Please be patient and multiple compatibility tests will be performed as soon as possible to ensure the usage stability.

If you have an urgent flight mission, we recommend you use a mobile device in the below compatible list to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues.

For your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, kindly wait for the next DJI GO 4 APP version.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2022-5-14
Use props
Modas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336778 ft
Lithuania

I'm another "happy" user who is facing with GO4 app incompatibility with Samsung Galaxy S22. First I didn't know, how big the problem is. But now, when I look into the 3 month old thread and see that the problem is still not solved, I just have one question to DJI "What the f...?!". Wanted to upgrade Mavic 2 to Mavic 3, but I'm happy that I didn't make such mistake.
2022-6-13
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

Modas Posted at 6-13 02:29
I'm another "happy" user who is facing with GO4 app incompatibility with Samsung Galaxy S22. First I didn't know, how big the problem is. But now, when I look into the 3 month old thread and see that the problem is still not solved, I just have one question to DJI "What the f...?!". Wanted to upgrade Mavic 2 to Mavic 3, but I'm happy that I didn't make such mistake.

Yup, they don't give a crap... :') They just said it to get away with it and let it slide
2022-6-15
Use props
Orz Man JSon
New

Philippines

When will this be fix? I can't use my DJI Drone. Please fix this ASAP.
2022-8-24
Use props
MavicAirBoy0452
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,
New to the forum and having just got a second hand Mavic Air was like everyone else desperate for a solution to fly with my S22 Ultra so here is what I've found.

1. Install Go4 V4.352 using APK from DJI Download Center
2. Once installed don't open it but instead go into App Settings in the Android Menu allow every permission
3. Connect to Phone using port on bottom of Remote (so USB > USB-C)

In this configuration everything seems to work, and while not ideal having a long cable connected to the Phone while its held in the clamp, for me it's better than either not being able to fly at all, or having to carry on old Phone around just for the Mavic.

Step 2 might not necessarily be required and you may find that you can just install and open the App as normal granting the permissions when prompted, but for me its working and I'm not risking breaking it to experiment.

Hope this workaround helps a few people out until DJI finally addresses this and get it working using the port on the side of the controller with the RC cable as intended
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules