https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/
2022-3-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

And hopefully a few more things in addition...   
2022-3-10
Use props
mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 3-10 22:57

I hope so, I've flown it twice since i got it when it came out.
2022-3-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

mattft86 Posted at 3-10 22:58
I hope so, I've flown it twice since i got it when it came out.

Oh really only twice?

I've actually been very lucky lately! Bright sunshine, temperatures around 10°C, almost no wind...
I always turn on the M3 first after arms are "outstretched"...
...then the RC Pro. Before that, I activated the hotspot on my smartphone (S20) so that the RC Pro can also load the map...
When the Fly app is then started, I immediately see that the satellites are counting up, and at "10" the message often comes that the HP has been saved.
The power consumption of the M3 (without flying) is so low that hardly any of the flight time is lost...
I don't use a stopwatch to measure, but after about 2 - 3 minutes I can start...
I then hover at a height of approx. 6 m above the landing pad for maybe 10 seconds, then the M3 memorizes the starting point so precisely that it (later, when landing) comes back almost with centimeter precision.
You can also observe that it carries out a position correction during the landing approach at an altitude of 4 or 5 m, if it compares the (obviously) saved image of the take-off site with the current one during landing...
Outstanding!

2022-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.     - Good to see them linking to Darth's thread here.   
2022-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great news and thanks for sharing.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Still a few weeks away from the firmware.
2022-3-11
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-10 22:57

I would expect several more items on the patch notes than just the GPS fix. The GPS fix would have likely been allocated to a few members of the R&D Team to figure out, while other issues that were already planned and at different stages of completion continued to work on those things. The GPS fix is of course the big issue right now because they are getting a lot of negative press over it. I wouldn't be surprised if the new firmware showed up in just a few days, but I could also see it being a few more weeks. My gut tells me it would be sooner rather than later because they will want to address the gps issue as soon as possible, but they may have also decided at this point not to rush anymore updates out, and are now settling into a more normal development process. The statement to DroneXL from DJI about having found and fixed the GPS issue internally makes me lean more toward possibly seeing an update sooner rather than later. I hope they take their time personally and get it right.

In addition to the GPS fix though I am personally hoping to see further tweaks to the APAS 5.0 system. Just overall updates to smooth out the mavic 3's flight control. Id rather them focus on that stuff than on adding more new features right now personally. We will see though.
2022-3-11
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-11 06:33
I would expect several more items on the patch notes than just the GPS fix. The GPS fix would have likely been allocated to a few members of the R&D Team to figure out, while other issues that were already planned and at different stages of completion continued to work on those things. The GPS fix is of course the big issue right now because they are getting a lot of negative press over it. I wouldn't be surprised if the new firmware showed up in just a few days, but I could also see it being a few more weeks. My gut tells me it would be sooner rather than later because they will want to address the gps issue as soon as possible, but they may have also decided at this point not to rush anymore updates out, and are now settling into a more normal development process. The statement to DroneXL from DJI about having found and fixed the GPS issue internally makes me lean more toward possibly seeing an update sooner rather than later. I hope they take their time personally and get it right.

In addition to the GPS fix though I am personally hoping to see further tweaks to the APAS 5.0 system. Just overall updates to smooth out the mavic 3's flight control. Id rather them focus on that stuff than on adding more new features right now personally. We will see though.

Are owners of the RC Pro still having problems with disconnects?  Haven't seen much posted recently about this.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-11 06:33
I would expect several more items on the patch notes than just the GPS fix. The GPS fix would have likely been allocated to a few members of the R&D Team to figure out, while other issues that were already planned and at different stages of completion continued to work on those things. The GPS fix is of course the big issue right now because they are getting a lot of negative press over it. I wouldn't be surprised if the new firmware showed up in just a few days, but I could also see it being a few more weeks. My gut tells me it would be sooner rather than later because they will want to address the gps issue as soon as possible, but they may have also decided at this point not to rush anymore updates out, and are now settling into a more normal development process. The statement to DroneXL from DJI about having found and fixed the GPS issue internally makes me lean more toward possibly seeing an update sooner rather than later. I hope they take their time personally and get it right.

In addition to the GPS fix though I am personally hoping to see further tweaks to the APAS 5.0 system. Just overall updates to smooth out the mavic 3's flight control. Id rather them focus on that stuff than on adding more new features right now personally. We will see though.

The build that I'm currently using (601) is dated 2022/03/03.  It appears to fix the GPS problem and have no other features. Official might be 600 or 700 depending on what they are adding still.
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Virgil Quick Posted at 3-11 08:41
Are owners of the RC Pro still having problems with disconnects?  Haven't seen much posted recently about this.

Thats a sign that its no longer a problem. I use RC pro and connection is exceptional.
2022-3-11
Use props
mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm also hoping for  waypoints!!
2022-3-11
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Virgil Quick Posted at 3-11 08:41

I haven't seen much on it recently either. I purchased the RC Pro myself just a couple of weeks ago. I can say that the RC Pro I received has had zero issues. I've not had a single issue with signal or any disconnects.

The disconnect with the RC Pro actually DID sound to me like a possible hardware issue with some remotes, from the evidence I saw. It is possible it could have been a very minor issue (like an loose or short on the antenna wire) but I don't know of anyone who took the remote apart to diagnose the issue at that level. A lot of these antenna wires in the drone are not actually hard soldered onto the PCB, like say the motor wires are, they instead have a tiny plug that sort of 'snaps' into a little port on the pcb. If this wire somehow ever 'unsnapped' out of the port, you would lose connection to the antenna. This is the type of thing I would have liked to investigate regarding the rc pro issue. Is it possible that a batch of controllers had an issue like this? It could have been a simple for example as how the small coaxial cable was routed inside the unit, perhaps putting a little too much pressure on the plug, causing it to come loose, etc.I have also seen in radios years ago that I have worked on where a small wire like this was routed in such a way that it had a hard bend in it, and was under pressure, and over time can cause a short to develope as the tiny coper strands begin to break. It could have been anything like this, or something else entirely. Maybe the issue is gone however. If it was an issue like I describe, DJI would have addressed it immediately with production.
2022-3-11
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

All:

I sent my entire system in last week. New aircraft, same RC Pro came back. RC Pro was tested and was passed out of QC. No disconnects yet on 1st 2 flights.
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EFRPIC Posted at 3-11 10:12
All:

I sent my entire system in last week. New aircraft, same RC Pro came back. RC Pro was tested and was passed out of QC. No disconnects yet on 1st 2 flights.

And has gps acquisition improved ?
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 10:21
And has gps acquisition improved ?

It has on the 601 fw version I just flashed.
2022-3-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W Posted at 3-11 11:45
It has on the 601 fw version I just flashed.
[view_image]

... and here is the version after next that I just received...   

... and here is the version after next that I just received... Top secret, delete immediately after ...

... and here is the version after next that I just received...  Top secret, delete immediately after ...
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 3-11 13:00

2022-3-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-11 13:00

Sorry Frankymusik:  The attachment told me it would self destruct in 30 seconds, but it took 9 minutes before it finally self destructed!
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

I’ll post a screenshot from my RC tomorrow. But yes. I am using it. And you can open the bin file and see all the components. Just like the fw bin files in dankdronedownloader.

But I wouldn’t expect a clown who thinks that GPS is affected by clouds to ever get his hands on an unreleased fw. Or know how to install it for that matter.
CC4F0B83-E745-4380-A946-0BBBBDC751D8.jpeg
C2944244-7EEF-475D-803B-6AE7A1ABE639.jpeg
2022-3-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 3-11 13:30
Sorry Frankymusik:  The attachment told me it would self destruct in 30 seconds, but it took 9 minutes before it finally self destructed!

... hopefully you had enough time to take a look at all the beautiful things that were "hidden" inside!               
Dreams come true...
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 3-11 23:54
... hopefully you had enough time to take a look at all the beautiful things that were "hidden" inside!               
Dreams come true...

Looks like he fell out of the bed
2022-3-12
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 05:49
Looks like he fell out of the bed

If "fell out of the bed" is an idiom for "missing the point" or "not with it" or "delerious", then yep, most likely true.
2022-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 3-12 07:31
If "fell out of the bed" is an idiom for "missing the point" or "not with it" or "delerious", then yep, most likely true.

“he was the kind of person who never gave you enough time to miss him.”  
2022-3-12
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 08:45
“he was the kind of person who never gave you enough time to miss him.”

I likely have been guilty of this too.
2022-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 3-12 09:29
I likely have been guilty of this too.

Back to topic. This morning I flew and from a cold start in a place my first time flying , it took less than 30 seconds to reach 10 sats and as soon as I took off homepoint was recorded with 12 sats. It had been taking 60 to 120 seconds.
2022-3-12
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 09:40
Back to topic. This morning I flew and from a cold start in a place my first time flying , it took less than 30 seconds to reach 10 sats and as soon as I took off homepoint was recorded with 12 sats. It had been taking 60 to 120 seconds.

Are you using the firmware downloaded from forum?
2022-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 3-12 09:57
Are you using the firmware downloaded from forum?

Something in the Air.
2022-3-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Seamus OCallahan Posted at 3-12 09:58
Would you like a gold medal?

Why not two golds
2022-3-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Seamus OCallahan Posted at 3-12 10:45
Or a rusty speculum as a consolation prize?

lol,why not
2022-3-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Seamus OCallahan Posted at 3-12 11:04
I figure he’d get more actual “use” out of a rusty speculum.

I think it would be a big help to him
2022-3-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Seamus OCallahan Posted at 3-12 11:39
Here is the prize for him-it might be a little loose-fitting, but he should feel grateful.

lol.oh geez
2022-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules