568 7 2022-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,
As I referenced in my earlier Thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261172 DJI Assistant appeared to be available for MAC OSX users.

However, in my opinion, this current version is totally underwhelming in its functionality and hence - Not fit for purpose....

I am a relatively new DJI user so cannot directly compare this current version to the version that is available on Windows etc or used to be available on MAC, but reading other articles on the web I now understand that the "Other" version is totally different and has a lot more interesting set of capabilities.

Any other MAC user out there that has the same issue.?

Also, noted on this version that if you try to download any of the LOG files it compresses them into  .DAT files, and you have no option to stop this part of the process, problem is that .DAT files cannot be "uncompressed" on a MAC, OK I cannot find a utility that does this...anyone else come across this issue, please?

What is DJI doing about this? anyone?

Thanks

JohnW
2022-3-11
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello,

I have had a response from DJI Support and they say that using a Mavic 3 on the DJI Assistant 2 will not deliver any more capability than what we have at present , which totals  Firmware Upadte and Log Export…..That it.

JohnW
2022-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Answer to your question, very little. Its a pity but there you go its very basic used only for a couple of things. I suppose suggestions is the next thing. I for one would like to see a program for reading flight logs.
2022-3-14
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I use the Mac version running a beta of MacOS 12.3 and yeah I basically use it strictly for firmware updates that's it.  I have the "other" version but haven't used it.  Too lazy to boot into Windows just for that when macOS suffices for my purposes at least.
2022-3-14
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello,

So doesn’t that make things worse?, if you have an M3 and own a Mac OSX system you are penalised in as much that there are more utilities to support you if you happen to use Windows???

DJI were is the logic for this?

It’s interesting that the Moderators are not getting involved in this thread ?….. or may not!!!

JohnW
2022-3-14
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

AerialZup Posted at 3-14 09:49
Does the Windows version have any more functions than the basic rudimentary functions on the mac version? I don't think it does, but I could be wrong...

Hi,

I made the assumption from the last post by dr6593 that the windows version he has has more functionality, but a good question i do not know and unfortunately at this time i cannot verify.

JohnW
2022-3-14
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

ejwjohn Posted at 3-14 10:21
Hi,

I made the assumption from the last post by dr6593 that the windows version he has has more functionality, but a good question i do not know and unfortunately at this time i cannot verify.

...and I got that impression from the OP.  I do not know of any major differences between the two in functionality, other than the Mac version is not supposed to run on 11+, but does...
2022-3-14
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
United Kingdom

All,

Seems like DJI have built in more functionality into the Mavic 3 and DJI Assistant 2 has reduced functionality  applicable for the M3, please see below for the latest response from DJI Support.

The log files of Mavic 3 are encrypted and can only be read by our analysts and our own interfaces. Mac or Windows can not read log data.

You can export the logs with DJI Assistant and send them to us if there is any issue which has to be investigated. The compressing process is automated and can not be cancelled.

I also checked the screenshot you have attached - there are no more options in DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 3.

Maybe you are searching the vision sensor calibration which can be processed for other aircrafts and DJI Assistant 2 Software (see video HERE).

Please note that Mavic 3 calibrates the visions sensors automatically and calibration menu is not needed für Mavic 3 & DJI Assistant 2.

If there is any option you would like to use, please let me know and I will forward your feedback to our development team for future consideration.

I hope, my information is helpful.

Thanks
JohnW
2022-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules