891 27 2022-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I made a video of the same M3 Cine I showed fresh out of box with the original firmware.  It was placed in the same spot on my driveway, and took a record setting (for me) 11 minutes to get 12 satellites, then it promptly went back to 10 for a few minutes.  Very disappointed that it seems to be worse than ever.  Ready for the update!!
2022-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oh and I of course accidentally deleted the video so I cannot even post my 11 minutes of mumbling.
2022-3-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Was this 11 minutes after updating the firmware to .500?
2022-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-12 17:02
Was this 11 minutes after updating the firmware to .500?

Oh yeah.  With .300 it was lightning.  With 500 it was hell.
2022-3-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine used 9% of my battery the other day.
2022-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 3-12 19:13
Mine used 9% of my battery the other day.

And of course Brian it is time you never get back.  That is the real problem.  That time is just dead air.
2022-3-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TonyPHX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This issue has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for attention. There will be a new firmware regarding this issue. Kindly please give us sometime. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for understanding.
2022-3-12
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

The longest I've had to wait is about 45 seconds.  I used the firmware upgrade using my PC.  I'm wondering if maybe that made a difference?
2022-3-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

BladeZ Posted at 3-12 22:59
The longest I've had to wait is about 45 seconds.  I used the firmware upgrade using my PC.  I'm wondering if maybe that made a difference?

No, no, you're one of the very few super lucky...

Personally, I rarely have very long waiting times....
2022-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

11 minutes.  thats ridiculous.
2022-3-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Seamus OCallahan Posted at 3-12 22:12
Yeah. It’s only been over 3 months since DJI caused this problem by not properly doing quality control on its software releases. Now you can only offer a vague promise with no timeframe or ETA.
That’s not reassuring. Looks like I might have to take things into my own hands and provide the fix myself since you can’t. The fix will be pushed to those who helped bring this problem to light. And not to those who denied it.

Hi, there. Sorry again for the inconvenience. We will optimize it in the next version of the firmware as soon as possible. Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-3-13
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

I do not understand whether it is so difficult for the DJI representatives in this forum to provide up-to-date information. This would demonstrate a good attitude towards customers. Since we already have confirmation from one of the colleagues, strongly committed to this problem for the new firmware, the clichéd copy-paste posts in the forum do not contribute to the good reputation of DJI.
It remains for the new firmware to be released on March 24 and I will start believing in the speculations ...
2022-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 3-13 03:31
I do not understand whether it is so difficult for the DJI representatives in this forum to provide up-to-date information. This would demonstrate a good attitude towards customers. Since we already have confirmation from one of the colleagues, strongly committed to this problem for the new firmware, the clichéd copy-paste posts in the forum do not contribute to the good reputation of DJI.
It remains for the new firmware to be released on March 24 and I will start believing in the speculations ...

You can’t really blame the staff here, they only relay what they’re told and I genuinely believe even they don’t know. This is a combination of Chinese or private company or both believing that not divulging to much information is somehow good for customers. For me I’m happy to be told a date in the future but I suppose many would still complain about the wait and if the date is not met then this will cause further problems, so it looks like they see the lesser of two evils for them.
Public Companies would come under much more pressure because shareholders would be concerned about losing their money or devaluing their shares. So you are more likely to get more information from them.

I have had an email from DJI saying it was an algorithm problem, and I don’t think we will get anymore information from them why this took so long to fix, much speculation will go on but it’s likely we will never find out what happened. Why do you think March 24th?
2022-3-13
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 3-13 03:52
You can’t really blame the staff here, they only relay what they’re told and I genuinely believe even they don’t know. This is a combination of Chinese or private company or both believing that not divulging to much information is somehow good for customers. For me I’m happy to be told a date in the future but I suppose many would still complain about the wait and if the date is not met then this will cause further problems, so it looks like they see the lesser of two evils for them.
Public Companies would come under much more pressure because shareholders would be concerned about losing their money or devaluing their shares. So you are more likely to get more information from them.

there was such speculation by a user with many accounts ...  ;)
2022-3-13
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Tony I never did respond in the other big thread but I wanted to say thanks for making the one video you did on the 0300 firmware. It was a clear validation that the gps issue was a firmware problem. The new firmware which addresses the problem will return the m3 to a gps behavior much like that you recorded in that video. Its almost here.
2022-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-13 06:15
Tony I never did respond in the other big thread but I wanted to say thanks for making the one video you did on the 0300 firmware. It was a clear validation that the gps issue was a firmware problem. The new firmware which addresses the problem will return the m3 to a gps behavior much like that you recorded in that video. Its almost here.

Yes, happy to help!  And I concur, it is 100% firmware.  I knew I wasn't crazy as I had made numerous flights with my other M3 on 300 firmware and never had a GPS issue.  It clearly started around .400 and .500 time.  

I tend to buy a few extras of everything, for backup and later use but was nice to have an extra Cine in the box.  As soon as we have new firmware and hopefully a SDK, I will be running the M3's exclusively and be able to stop flying Mavic 2 Pro's.  
2022-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, 11 minutes is extremely excessive.  Hopefully, the official firmware release will happen soon.  
2022-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 12:20
Wow, 11 minutes is extremely excessive.  Hopefully, the official firmware release will happen soon.

To be fair, that was the worst one ever, and most are NOT that long.  However, anything beyond several minutes is really not cool.  I too trust there will be some official firmware soon.
2022-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ardri Posted at 3-13 13:35
About 2 more weeks. Some final testing going on now.

Sweet!  I can wait 2 weeks.  : )
2022-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-13 13:12
To be fair, that was the worst one ever, and most are NOT that long.  However, anything beyond several minutes is really not cool.  I too trust there will be some official firmware soon.

I initially had planned to upgrade to M3 at release but held off as I had recently purchased a used M2P and wanted to play with it for a while.  Unfortunately, it got stolen during a break-in.  I have been holding off on the M3 until the GPS issue got fixed so I too hope the firmware update comes out soon and fixes the GPS issue once and for all.  
2022-3-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-14 05:31
I initially had planned to upgrade to M3 at release but held off as I had recently purchased a used M2P and wanted to play with it for a while.  Unfortunately, it got stolen during a break-in.  I have been holding off on the M3 until the GPS issue got fixed so I too hope the firmware update comes out soon and fixes the GPS issue once and for all.

That sucks.  Well a properly behaved M3 will be nice recovery from that event.
2022-3-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AerialZup Posted at 3-14 05:46
Well, you should be in luck soon enough! I think you'll be quite happy with the M3. I'm so sorry you had your M2 stolen - that's awful.

Thanks, I'm eager to see forum comments after the firmware update is released.  
2022-3-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 08:04
That sucks.  Well a properly behaved M3 will be nice recovery from that event.

Definitely looking forward to that Tony.  
2022-3-16
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I initially had planned to upgrade to M3 at release but held off as I had recently purchased a used M2P and wanted to play with it for a while.  Unfortunately, it got stolen during a break-in.  I have been holding off on the M3 until the GPS issue got fixed so I too hope the firmware update comes out soon and fixes the GPS issue once and for all.

Thats sucks mate, sorry about that. Did you make contact with Dji to block the drone?
2022-3-16
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ouchhh, really sorry to hear this, I think you will enjoy the M3 when you do get it, one or two problems to iron out as you know and for me let down with the Mavic Mini Controller but the camera quality and flight time are brilliant I also like the telephoto 7x. Enjoy when you get it. Regards.
2022-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 10:29
Thats sucks mate, sorry about that. Did you make contact with Dji to block the drone?

Yeah, wasn't a good day at all.  I did contact DJI and provide them with all the SNs.
2022-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Grimtheviking Posted at 3-16 10:54
Ouchhh, really sorry to hear this, I think you will enjoy the M3 when you do get it, one or two problems to iron out as you know and for me let down with the Mavic Mini Controller but the camera quality and flight time are brilliant I also like the telephoto 7x. Enjoy when you get it. Regards.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting it.  I have the RC Pro Controller that came with my Air 2S so at least I'll have a good controller.  
2022-3-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-17 04:24
Hopefully just another week before it comes out.

Agreed.  The excitement is palpable!  Let's get this bird fixed!
2022-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules