642 15 2022-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71706 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, First post here so go easy on me. Hope I am in the right place for this question. When I do a long videos on my AirS2 using 5.4K, the videos are saved in shorter time frames about 3 to 4 minutes each. I tried using both iMovie and QuickTime on my Mac to splice the videos together but it won't let me save the finished file at 5.4K. It only allows me to save it at 4K. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this on a Mac with the native software it has or do I need to puchase other software to splice my videos together at 5.4K? Thanks in advance.
2022-3-13
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hi, First post here so go easy on me.
2022-3-13
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

Hi. It's a softeare limition on these softeare packages. I'm not an Apple person, but I found a video that claims to have a workarrond.  
2022-3-13
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply and video. I'm using a Mac and I can upload and view the Air 2s 5.4K videos with no problem but the native software that comes with the computer will not let me save the spliced videos in 5.4K. I was hoping to find software that could do this on a Mac but so far I can't find it. Again thanks and take care.
2022-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hawaiian Tiger Posted at 3-13 22:39
Thanks for the reply and video. I'm using a Mac and I can upload and view the Air 2s 5.4K videos with no problem but the native software that comes with the computer will not let me save the spliced videos in 5.4K. I was hoping to find software that could do this on a Mac but so far I can't find it. Again thanks and take care.

The best person to answer this would be @Hallmark, he does his editing on iPads and Macs. From my limited use of DR, Movavi and Filmora I have not seen a higher resolution than 4K.
2022-3-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hawaiian Tiger Posted at 3-13 22:39
Thanks for the reply and video. I'm using a Mac and I can upload and view the Air 2s 5.4K videos with no problem but the native software that comes with the computer will not let me save the spliced videos in 5.4K. I was hoping to find software that could do this on a Mac but so far I can't find it. Again thanks and take care.

I use a Mac Pro
2022-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried DaVinci Resolve on the Mac to do it?   They have a free tier.
2022-3-14
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-14 00:25
Have you tried DaVinci Resolve on the Mac to do it?   They have a free tier.

I will check this out. Thank you.
Update: I downloaded it and tried to splice two 5.4K videos and I could only export it in 4K. Maybe there is a way to do it in DaVinci that I don't know about since i'm new to it. Think I will just use 4K on the Air 2s for now until I figure this out. I'm sure eventually there wil be software that can slice 5.4K videos without losing resolution. Thanks again.
2022-3-14
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-13 23:44
The best person to answer this would be @Hallmark, he does his editing on iPads and Macs. From my limited use of DR, Movavi and Filmora I have not seen a higher resolution than 4K.

Thanks. It seems that most software limits the export to 4K. Guess if i'm going to do long videos on my Air 2s I will drop it to 4K,
2022-3-14
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Think I found something that works. It's called Avidemux. I am saving the finished project now and it will take a while to finish.
Update: It spliced two of my 5.4K videos and the finished project is still at 5.4K. So far so good. Thanks to all for the help!
2022-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hawaiian Tiger Posted at 3-14 08:05
I will check this out. Thank you.
Update: I downloaded it and tried to splice two 5.4K videos and I could only export it in 4K. Maybe there is a way to do it in DaVinci that I don't know about since i'm new to it. Think I will just use 4K on the Air 2s for now until I figure this out. I'm sure eventually there wil be software that can slice 5.4K videos without losing resolution. Thanks again.

There are some tips here,  apparently you have to manually type in the 5.4k as its not a very standard export resolution.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/5-4k-editing-with-davinci.121553/
2022-3-15
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 00:09
There are some tips here,  apparently you have to manually type in the 5.4k as its not a very standard export resolution.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/5-4k-editing-with-davinci.121553/

Thanks. I'll check it out.
2022-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hawaiian Tiger. Good day and welcome to DJI Forum. For additional reference the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-3-15
Use props
Hawaiian Tiger
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 19:08
Hello there Hawaiian Tiger. Good day and welcome to DJI Forum. For additional reference the maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you and keep flying.

Thanks for the info. I found a way to splice the files together without losing resolution. I do 5.K on my Air 2s and sometimes do very long videos so the files get large fast. Thanks again.
2022-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hawaiian Tiger Posted at 3-15 08:28
Thanks. I'll check it out.

No probs.   
2022-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hawaiian Tiger Posted at 3-15 19:13
Thanks for the info. I found a way to splice the files together without losing resolution. I do 5.K on my Air 2s and sometimes do very long videos so the files get large fast. Thanks again.

Hi there Hawaiian Tiger. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules