Does DJI Pilot work for Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

[size=15.008px]Hello all,
[size=15.008px]
[size=15.008px]I recently purchased DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for vertical/oblique mapping missions.
[size=15.008px]
[size=15.008px]But I noticed that the controller restricts any use of 3rd party apps like drone deploy or pix4D, which means I have to stick with DJI apps only (correct me if I’m wrong).
[size=15.008px]So I tried to install the old and good free DJI Pilot for auto mapping.
[size=15.008px]Installation was successful but DJI Pilot does not seem to be functioning here.
[size=15.008px]I tried v2.4.17 (Android newest) and v2.3.1.5 (Phantom 4 RTK) but none works.
[size=15.008px]Its just black screen.
[size=15.008px]
[size=15.008px]What can I do at this point? Any solutions?
[size=15.008px]It does not make sense for me to manually map out with this newest drone.
[size=15.008px]Draw and Waypoint option in the intelligent mode is not really for large area mapping.
[size=15.008px]Or have anyone tried to connect with smartphone?
[size=15.008px]Thank you,

2022-3-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you say that the controller restricts the use of 3rd party apps, it sounds like you have the P4 pro+ with the built-in screen.
That model is not suitable for mapping due to that limitation.
However the drone is probably the best available for mapping jobs.
You need to buy the regular controller and a tablet, link the new controller to the drone and you'l be able to use DroneDeploy, Pix4D etc.

If you are shopping for a replacement controller, you would have to get the GL300L controller.
The GL300F controller is for the original P4 pro, and is not compatible with the V2.0
2022-3-14
Use props
bBrooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 802618 ft
United States

I had to buy a separate controller, and use my phone. Very annoying
2022-3-14
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

@Labroides. Yes it's the new built-in-screen controller.

I mean, yea the drone is probably one of the best mapping drones.
But what's the point if DJI doesn't make DJI Pilot compatible -_-;;
@bBrooks, what controller are you using it? is it GL300L? I might have to purchase it and hook it up with my iPad or something.

Or does anyone know if Phantom 4 pro V2.0 can be operated with DJI FPV Remote Controller2 (https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv)?
My friend has FPV and I could borrow and simply try with my Android phone via DJI Go4.

2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ArkLade. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pilot ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) application supports the latest DJI Enterprise Drones. Thank you.

2022-3-15
Use props
bBrooks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 802618 ft
United States

@ ArkLade
Yes
I used to have the GL300E, but had to but the 300l
2022-3-15
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-15 19:37
Hello there ArkLade. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pilot ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) application supports the latest DJI Enterprise Drones. Thank you.

[view_image]

I mean does DJI Pilot supports Phantom 4 pro v2.0 and its built in screen controller as well? Because it just says Phanmtom 4, does not state the type of controllers. As you can see from the original post, i tried both versions and all I see is a black screen. Deleted and reinstalled mutiple times but no change. What can do at this point? Any truble shooting procedures?

Also, can I use FPV contorller for Phantom 4 pro v2?
2022-3-15
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

bBrooks Posted at 3-15 20:09
@ ArkLade
Yes
I used to have the GL300E, but had to but the 300l

Ah...another $600 for what? Lol this is none sense. I'm gonna write an article about this.
2022-3-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ArkLade Posted at 3-15 20:16
Ah...another $600 for what? Lol this is none sense. I'm gonna write an article about this.

What's nonsense is that >5 years after the Phantom 4 pro was released, people are still buying the + model assuming that it will run 3rd party apps.
Nearly every week someone asks how to run mapping apps on their + model.
It's been known for 5 years that you need the original controller, but people that assume without doing any research are still unhappy about it.

Look for a used controller and save some $$.
You can sell your + controller to recoup some of the coast.
No .. you can't use the FPV controller.
And DJI Pilot is not compatible wityh the P4 pro

2022-3-15
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-14 13:11
When you say that the controller restricts the use of 3rd party apps, it sounds like you have the P4 pro+ with the built-in screen.
That model is not suitable for mapping due to that limitation.
However the drone is probably the best available for mapping jobs.

Thanks, GL300L !
2022-4-1
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

[view_image]

I think the Phantom 4 pro series are not compatible with DJI Pilot. Am I wrong?
2022-4-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ArkLade Posted at 4-1 10:00

There's a list of suppported drones here:
https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot

The P4 pro is not on that list
2022-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there ArkLade. Thank you for the reply and for these information. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro uses the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Thank you.

2022-4-2
Use props
ArkLade
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-2 21:15
Hi there ArkLade. Thank you for the reply and for these information. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro uses the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm talking about a app for mapping.
2022-4-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ArkLade Posted at 4-3 06:53
I'm talking about a app for mapping.

If you want to use the drone for mapping, look into DroneDeploy or one of the other 3rd party mapping apps, once you have the regular controller.
2022-4-3
Use props
PegasusFJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125162592 ft
Fiji

Probably you are wrong. As I've been flying my Phantom 4 Advanced using DJI Pilot for mapping all of last year 2021.. no any problem apart from a couple of minor glitches in the app that does not affect executing the missions. It also seems works with Phantom 4 Pro v2 even though both those models not in the list of supported I assume supporting Phantom 4 RTK does the trick for all other Phantoms 4 as all Phantom 4 family probably share the same flight and camera controllers...
2022-4-14
Use props
PegasusFJ
lvl.1
Fiji

Labroides Posted at 4-3 13:20
If you want to use the drone for mapping, look into DroneDeploy or one of the other 3rd party mapping apps, once you have the regular controller.

I find DJI Pilot the most efficient, fast, simple and straightforward free mission planning app for my mapping missions. DroneDeploy and Pix4D are "too smart" making me feel like I am not controlling the flight 100%..

The Android version of DJI Pilot I use on my tablet to fly Phantom 4 Advanced is fast and responsive unlike DroneDeploy and Pix4D that seem built using some sort of JavasScript frameworks (I might be wrong here) and therefore it's quite jerky and slow in response sometimes. At least on my Adroid tablet.

DJI Pilot is always smooth, responsive and feels like Android 100% native app. You can interrupt or pause autonomous flight any time you want adjust mission if needed and continue. It lacks some cool features though like terrain awareness or ability to conveniently rotate flight plan to quickly change start and end points location. Sometimes it forgets where it was paused after coming to change battery to continue the mission, but I love it anyway. It saved my day more times than ruined

Ah.. and the most annoying bug I experienced with DJI Pilot is.. it seems can't count more than to 999.. so once it saves 999 images on memory card it starts deleting the old ones even though filename numeration pattern suggests it should be able to save more than to 999 files.. I hope they fix that one in the next versions.
2022-4-14
Use props
PegasusFJ
lvl.1
Fiji

Labroides Posted at 4-1 15:51
There's a list of suppported drones here:
https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot

But it does work with DJI Pilot just fine at least for now. I can confirm it as I used it a lot with my Phantom 4 Advanced.. There is a problem sometimes when you connect controller it seems the app does not sniff it, but closing the app and opening again (sometimes a few times) get it connected and then connection stays reliably all the time. I've never lost it mid flight or on the ground between the missions..

I use it with Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro v2 and Samsung tablet..
2022-4-14
Use props
PegasusFJ
lvl.1
Fiji

It works for me fine.. I used 2.3.15 version with my Phantom 4 Advanced.. sometimes it doesn't connect to the controller straight from the first attempt so need to properly close the app through the settings or disconnect and connect USB cable sometimes either of them sometimes both.. but once connected it works fine.. there are some bugs in the app though but they are not critical for flight safety..
2022-4-14
Use props
djiuser_lwidaL1ZjJXz
New

Malaysia

[view_image]

May I know do DJI pilot support for phantom 4 pro plus? I have installed the apps, but there is no P4pro+ in the list of camera type.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_lwidaL1ZjJXz Posted at 9-15 06:17
May I know do DJI pilot support for phantom 4 pro plus? I have installed the apps, but there is no P4pro+ in the list of camera type.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. The DJI Pilot application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) iOS v1.1.5 is only compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and the DJI Pilot application for Android is compatible with the DJI Drones below. Thank you.

Android v2.5.1.10

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced: DJI Pilot v2.5.1.10
DJI Phantom 4 RTK: DJI Pilot v2.5.1.10
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Series: DJI Pilot v2.5.1.10
DJI Matrice 200 Series V2: DJI Pilot v2.3.1.5
DJI Matrice 200 Series V1: DJI Pilot v1.7.2
DJI Matrice 600 Pro: DJI Pilot v1.7.2
2022-9-15
Use props
Luko79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 602438 ft

Italy

Phantom 4 Pro works well with DJI Pilot, I had photo location problems with third-party apps, with DJI app solved.
Uso app con Huawei 8" tablet android 9.

important thing is free and very light it works Clear and simple options perfect for taking home work.
2023-12-31
Use props
fans10317446
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5948530 ft
United States

Hi All,

This looks promising. I plan to use WebODM for post processing.

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... el-PIX4Dcapture-Pro

1-30 09:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules