GOGGLE UPDATE! DO NOT UPDATE
3924 5 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

DJI is sneasky, they made the app notify you of a goggle update and you cannot takeoff without updating on cell/wifi with your phone/tablet.

Use Airplane mode and relaunch the app, If you download this update you will no longer have access to third party apps/hacks/FCC fixes.

2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly recommend performing an app update to ensure the stability of the flight also when using the application. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-3-15
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 01:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We strongly recommend performing an app update to ensure the stability of the flight also when using the application. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Total bovine excrement.

The OWNER of the product should be the one whom decides whether to update or not, the manufacturer should not be taking on the role of a legal advocate. We don’t lease our drones from DJI, we pay our hard earned cash for them and we have the right to do what we want, and when we want, with our purchases.

If this is some sort of overreach by DJI to ensure CE users don’t use more than 100mW on 2.4 GHz and 25mW on 5.8 GHz then it might surprise you to know that some of us can legally use up to 400Watts on those bands in certain circumstances.

I have a feeling similar mandatory updates will be making their way to other DJI products, and they won’t necessarily be about transmitter powers but more about GeoZones and the surveillance of uninvited guests despite the claims and subsequent denials yesterday.
2022-3-15
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Like I wrote in the other thread on this, my thinking is the Chinese government is probably behind this. And they're forcing DJI to break their own product. DJI has always done something like this with pretty much all of their aircraft for as long as I can remember. And it's the dumbest thing you could possibly do if your goal is selling your products on the open market. So it must be some kind of coercive policy imposed on DJI to make them cripple their stuff like this and run the risk of this on their market share.

Just don't ever plug your FPV drone equipment into your phone or iPad, etc. ever again. There won't ever be any functionality improvements/feature additions again anyway, as the FPV drone is pretty much already end-of-lifed. So just enjoy it as-is.
2022-3-15
Use props
MoFpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940965 ft
Latvia

2022-3-16
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

That song..."Time to do some sketchy s#!t, Doo daa, doo daa," keeps playing in my head.
2022-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules