New user drone advice
362 7 2022-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lowrider69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62 ft

United Kingdom

Im New to mavic drones, in fact I'm  new to drones, I travel around the uk on a motorbike as a hobby, I'm retired, I'm off to portugal on the 30th march for three weeks, I'll be taking my mavic pro, i bought both chargers 12v and 240v, got two extra batteries, ill be camping most of the time as i want to get in some remote places, i do like photography so it seamed a drone would improve my arsenal of camera's, i have two gopro's and i use my phone as a camara, they have came on leaps and bounds, is there anything you would say to help with using my drone.
Thanks
Graham
2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Graham. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder to please always prepare a preflight checklist every time you fly your DJI drone to avoid any unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI Drone. In addition, kindly please check your if your memory card is installed in to the DJI drone as well. Thank you.

2022-3-16
Use props
Lowrider69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 23:18
Hello there Graham. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder to please always prepare a preflight checklist every time you fly your DJI drone to avoid any unwanted incident when operating or flying your DJI Drone. In addition, kindly please check your if your memory card is installed in to the DJI drone as well. Thank you.

[view_image]

That makes sense
Thank you
2022-3-16
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been new to drones I agree with Dji Stephen above, create a pre-flight checklist for you to do before every flight, Check the props are on properly, battery fully charged, no errors in the app when AC and RC is fired up, try and fly low and close to get used to the drone first and have fun and post your work on here.
2022-3-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For such a trip a good supply of empty memory cards.
2022-3-16
Use props
Lowrider69
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have unlimited cloud storage on gopro £25 first year then £50 after that, I back that up when I get home on computer.
It backs up automatically when I have cellular data,
Memory cards 2 x 128gb 1x 64gb 2x  phones 128gb.
I was debating weather to get a apple computer to do all my video editing, they seam to be more compatible with these devices,
I've Look on YouTube, its all to complicated, they take you into all the different setting, I plan to keep it simple for this trip, not taking the mav to close to obstacles or over water,,,,,or maybe stream or two,,,,,
I will do the checks, I've got loads of time on my hands so in no rush to get some footage.
Thanks
Graham
2022-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lowrider69 Posted at 3-17 00:33
I have unlimited cloud storage on gopro £25 first year then £50 after that, I back that up when I get home on computer.
It backs up automatically when I have cellular data,
Memory cards 2 x 128gb 1x 64gb 2x  phones 128gb.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan lined up.  Have an enjoyable trip.
2022-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lowrider69 Posted at 3-16 23:23
That makes sense
Thank you

Hi there Lowrider69. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules