What is Aeroscope?
2015 19 2022-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

If you are wondering what Aeroscope is, this is a great demonstration and discussion by The Pilot Institute.

Eye opening stuff...

2022-3-17
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

I suppose I'd be more concerned about this if I didn't live out in the middle of nowhere. Where all my flying is in the mountains or over empty fields.
2022-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there N.O.T. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon with us. For additional reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can learn more about the DJI Aeroscope. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/aeroscope
2022-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-3-18
Use props
Monty-Trainton
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good info!
2022-3-18
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-17 16:35
I suppose I'd be more concerned about this if I didn't live out in the middle of nowhere. Where all my flying is in the mountains or over empty fields.
I'm not concerned personally, but the reported use in Ukraine demonstrates how the use of this kind of technology can be devisive to the extreme.

As has been seen elsewhere on the forum those who support Russia see the use of this by Russia to target Ukrainian drone operators as a good thing.

Those who support Ukraine see it as a bad thing.

It's not the technology that is inherently bad, but it's use in any particular situation can be bad or good depending on your point of view.

'Good' tech in 'bad' hands very quickly looks like 'bad' tech.
2022-3-18
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 20:19
Hello there N.O.T. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon with us. For additional reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can learn more about the DJI Aeroscope. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/aeroscope

Thanks Stephen.

Interesting to see how DJI pitch this tech.
2022-3-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

The main drawback to this technology is that it can't be used for both good and bad.  Not trying to start a debate but just wanted to point out this fact.  
2022-3-18
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 11:46
Thanks for sharing.  

The main drawback to this technology is that it can't be used for both good and bad.  Not trying to start a debate but just wanted to point out this fact.

Can or can't?
2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

"It also supports a Software Development Kit (SDK) to meet customers’  specific demands and support the integration of different systems." (DJI)

When I was new to this, I had a mavic original.  Prior to knowing about LAANC, I'd try to fly, and a couple times, someone flipped a button and initiated my return-to-home, while my screen went black & white and the information on screen danced around, not allowing any input.   While landing, I could give adjustments left/right, forward/back ... but had zero control over anything else.

This confirms my paranoia.  I wasn't authorized through laanc, and was too close to airport.   In Steves link, it says it offers SDK (airports).  The airports probably had this technology prior to any of us owning a drone.  Especially since now they are open about it.

2022-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

As with any technology, what the user does with it is a matter of morality. Keeping drones away from an airport to prevent any collision seems legitimate. Using this to hunt down the Operator and hit them is far less glorious.
2022-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 3-18 13:58
"It also supports a Software Development Kit (SDK) to meet customers’  specific demands and support the integration of different systems." (DJI)

When I was new to this, I had a mavic original.  Prior to knowing about LAANC, I'd try to fly, and a couple times, someone flipped a button and initiated my return-to-home, while my screen went black & white and the information on screen danced around, not allowing any input.   While landing, I could give adjustments left/right, forward/back ... but had zero control over anything else.

It's most unlikely that your interpretation of what happened was actually true and the actual explanation for what happened would be much less exciting.
No-one was controlling your drone for you, that just doesn't happen.
Your flight data would show what actually happened.
2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-18 15:54
It's most unlikely that your interpretation of what happened was actually true and the actual explanation for what happened would be much less exciting.
No-one was controlling your drone for you, that just doesn't happen.
Your flight data would show what actually happened.

Wouldn't take much to actuate the users RTH remotely.
Never said they controlled it, just that they activated RTH, and scrambled my controls.
My flight data would show RTH, which, I didn't do.

UFOs are openly real, Biden is president ... so anything is possible.
2022-3-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hunterws Posted at 3-18 16:40
Never said they controlled it, just that they activated RTH, and scrambled my controls.

Look up Failsafe in your users manual to find what activates RTH.

Your flight data would show plenty more than that.
If you want to understand what actually happened, post the data.
If you just want to believe your fairytale ... don't.

UFOs are openly real, Biden is president ... so anything is possible.
No-one has ever disputed that there are flying objects that are not identified.
Joe Biden is president because he got 7 million more votes than the other contender.
Those two statements don't prove that anything is possible, including your claim of the airport sending your drone home.

2022-3-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hunterws Posted at 3-18 13:58

When I was new to this, I had a mavic original.  Prior to knowing about LAANC, I'd try to fly, and a couple times, someone flipped a button and initiated my return-to-home, while my screen went black & white and the information on screen danced around, not allowing any input.   While landing, I could give adjustments left/right, forward/back ... but had zero control over anything else.

Having something similar happen, did you ever try power-cycling both Controller and Smart-Device (what was being used for display screen) while your Mavic was still in air?
2022-3-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oops, good catch.  

CAN
2022-3-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-18 22:15
Having something similar happen, did you ever try power-cycling both Controller and Smart-Device (what was being used for display screen) while your Mavic was still in air?

no, didn't really have time, wasn't able to fly very far
2022-3-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Food for thought.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

No Original Thought Posted at 3-18 08:33
Thanks Stephen.

Interesting to see how DJI pitch this tech.

Hi there N.O.T. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Again thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_ksU3tEdBomhq
lvl.1
Spain

Somebody that use aeroscope, I cant see the Map. Anybody can Tell.me why?
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules