Is it okay not to fly a drone for a long time?
1482 2 2022-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mokel-Entertainment
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1687457 ft
United States

Hi! I just have a quick question. I have purchased a DJI Mavic Air 2 at launch, and the drone is amazing!

The question is, I've had this drone for a long time, and I've only ever had 1 battery I ever use with it, and it's the one that came with the drone.

I flew this drone alot during the summer, trying to get footage for my YouTube channel (currently up to 2,000 subs )  I flew this drone alot during the global lockdown due to COVID-19

But than as lock down ended, and we're slowly able to go back to the lives we once lived before COVID, school and work has been preventing mefrom flying my drone.

Does it do any harm to not fly the drone for a long period of time? Currently I'm on 4 months of not flying it. I've been periodically charging the battery thinking it would help keep it healthy as I don't fly it.  But I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks!
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mokel-Entertainment. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2 has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_eu.pdf

2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone will be fine if stored somewhere clean and dry, the battery really needs to be topped up a bit every few months as a dead battery stored will die after a little time.
2022-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules