2022-3-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

750 photos  x  2s  =  25min  recording time

... longer recording times I do not think it makes sense, do you...?
2022-3-18
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

asrgsdfhsdfhasdfhsdfhsdfh
2022-3-18
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had also thought of how I can increase that hyper lapse count as the 750 phots/30 seconds hyper lapse can go more with the flight time of the M3. I usually finish a 30 second hyper lapse and have about +/- 40% battery left, then make a flight around and bring it down so that is a possibility.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-3-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-18 13:12
why not it has a 1 tb ssd and over 40 min flight time.  i see no need for having to stop.  some people want to get as many photos as possible while the battery is up.  im not saying it would be common, but its possible some one would want to set the drone down an take a lapse from the ground.  the 750 cap is disruptive.

... by the way, hyperlapse is not usually a "time lapse" shot from a fixed point (ground)...

And, for a "real" hyperlapse video, the 750 frames are actually enough, right?
2s distance between the shots is the minimum! At 3s it is already more than 37 min flight time, a lot for the Mavic 3, if you also take into account different weather conditions (temperature, wind, ...)...

However, for a timelapse from the ground you can use the "normal" photo function!!!
The "interval" function can take photos every 2s, 3s, 5s, 7s, ... 60s, and I didn't know that there was a limit "built in" here as well...
Hopefully I'm not wrong about this.

Your description again:
1400 images in the air, 2s apart, almost 47 min for the hyperlapse? But that would be too risky for me, to be honest!

2022-3-19
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 3-19 00:40
... by the way, hyperlapse is not usually a "time lapse" shot from a fixed point (ground)...

And, for a "real" hyperlapse video, the 750 frames are actually enough, right?

I disagree about your point about 750 being 'enough'. Shooting hyper lapses is not only time consuming, but limiting in what you can fit into the time you're given with the battery. Often I'm shooting them on the M2P and something is changing in the scene, but I can't carry on because I have to land.

For a shot safety point of view, it's always best to over film as much as possible and then crop the clip to choose the best bit. The 750 photo limit should not exist. That has to be a bug.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 3-19 01:03
I disagree about your point about 750 being 'enough'. Shooting hyper lapses is not only time consuming, but limiting in what you can fit into the time you're given with the battery. Often I'm shooting them on the M2P and something is changing in the scene, but I can't carry on because I have to land.

For a shot safety point of view, it's always best to over film as much as possible and then crop the clip to choose the best bit. The 750 photo limit should not exist. That has to be a bug.

I think franky’s point about the difference between a timelapse and a hyperlapse is one that makes sense. If you had 1500 shots you’d find always something you missed. I can see it plastered here on the forum, “I set hyperlapse to 1500 shots after 1000 I was 200m out to sea and my craft never made it home” “Why can I set so many shots if the drone has no time to get back home” by all means stretch slightly . I think lots of battery is used up when flying so slow with this and other drones.

If I had to watch a hyperlapse for more than 30 seconds I’d be tearing my hair out. They are meant to be short to fit in , most times when filming to move the story forward.

On the ground, just use a gimbal and handheld camera walk around for 30 minutes you’ll soon get fed up ;+)

You can always shoot manually until battery gives up.
2022-3-19
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 01:53
I think franky’s point about the difference between a timelapse and a hyperlapse is one that makes sense. If you had 1500 shots you’d find always something you missed. I can see it plastered here on the forum, “I set hyperlapse to 1500 shots after 1000 I was 200m out to sea and my craft never made it home” “Why can I set so many shots if the drone has no time to get back home” by all means stretch slightly . I think lots of battery is used up when flying so slow with this and other drones.

If I had to watch a hyperlapse for more than 30 seconds I’d be tearing my hair out. They are meant to be short to fit in , most times when filming to move the story forward.

Except you don't have to sit through a 30+ second TL video if it's played back 4x faster. . That's the beauty of overshooting TL.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 3-19 01:59
Except you don't have to sit through a 30+ second TL video if it's played back 4x faster. . That's the beauty of overshooting TL.

Yeah I suppose. But they’re always options with photography , automation is great . But it does away with learning. Making timelapse hyperlapse etc can be done manually and the are pretty simple have the possibility to work out better cleaner and more directly what you need. They take a little more work but are possible. I look at panos here posted All pretty much the same very difficult to compose because you never really know where they are going to start exposure is incorrect etc. but complaints that the only way to do things is more automation.

Don’t get me wrong the timelapse feature is great and quick, unlike the pano feature which is crude and not great. But I think dji is probably covering itself with insuring that battery won’t fail, similar to low battery RTH. So yes maybe give a little in reserve for the shot you think you’ll never get again ;+)
2022-3-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious, is low battery RTH disabled when shooting one of these abcdef-lapses?
2022-3-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-19 03:56
Just curious, is low battery RTH disabled when shooting one of these abcdef-lapses?

... no of course not!

But, it takes "strong nerves" to wait 25 minutes for the end of the hyperlapse, always hoping that everything will go smoothly...   
Even though the M3 can fly "up to" 46 minutes, that's not really what you get on a daily basis.
In my opinion, one should not overdo it with such an "autonomous" flight...
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-19 03:56
Just curious, is low battery RTH disabled when shooting one of these abcdef-lapses?

I haven’t tried it but it is with AT so I think it might.
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

sdfhsdghsdfhsdfhs
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4