3629 78 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

20220319_112136.jpg

Today marks 100 days since the DJI caused the MAVIC 3 GPS problem. Although some users have acquired the alleged new firmware from a user with many accounts and repeatedly banned in the forum, we ordinary users are still waiting. I am disappointed and this cannot be changed. MAVIC 3 could be a great drone, but it's too late to become a favorite drone. No one can make an initial impression a second time!
Today I compare MAVIC 3 with Windows Vista. A bold step forward, failed by poor performance. Let's hope that MAVIC 4 (MAVIC 3S, MAVIC 3 Pro ... or as it will be called) will be able to repeat the success of Windows 7.

2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a fix coming in the form of a firmware update.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there KokoFresha. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This matter has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for attention. There will be a new firmware regarding this issue. Kindly please give us sometime. Thank you for understanding.
2022-3-19
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 02:05
There is a fix coming in the form of a firmware update.

The question is "WHEN?" March 24, the last week of March, the first week of April or sometime indefinitely in the future. I have been involved in discussions on this issue for almost 2 months and I only hear promises. No dates, just a word "SOON". For me, "soon" does not mean more than 100 days, sorry.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes 100 days, some suffering worse than others. Hopefully this will change sometime next week. Its a shame that dji don’t show more interest in directly dealing with their customers, and by that I mean explanations to those here on this forum owners of many drones , loyal customers kept in the dark and fed crumbs on rare occasions. This is a pi$$ poor communication’s problem dji have and the strange thing about it is it will never change.
I do think there is something bigger going on here. In recent days dji have issued new FW for other drones including mini2 air2 air2s etc and if you update you will no longer be able to go back to older FW. This only ever happened once that I remember in 7/8 years and it was to meet some regulations . I think remote ID may be coming soon as a requirement , it might take 6 months but dji have a habit of being previous when it comes to regulations. So we will have to see.

Fingers crossed this coming week will fix things .
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KokoFresha Posted at 3-19 02:22
The question is "WHEN?" March 24, the last week of March, the first week of April or sometime indefinitely in the future. I have been involved in discussions on this issue for almost 2 months and I only hear promises. No dates, just a word "SOON". For me, "soon" does not mean more than 100 days, sorry.

There is a forum member here testing it so Im hopeful its not far away,   and it looks like the Mavic 3 enterprise will launch on Monday and I doubt they would dare launch that with the issue as thats money to the pro's.
2022-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MAVIC 3 could be a great drone, but it's too late to become a favorite drone. ....
Today I compare MAVIC 3 with Windows Vista. A bold step forward, failed by poor performance.

When/if DJI get around to fixing the GPS issue, the Mavic 3 is still seriously handicapped by the crummy, sawn-off, entry-level DJI Fly app and the same entry-level controller that comes with their cheapest entry-level drone.

DJI have lost their way with their implementation of the Mavic 3 and have ignored what serious users need in a high quality drone.
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 02:15
Hello there KokoFresha. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This matter has been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for attention. There will be a new firmware regarding this issue. Kindly please give us sometime. Thank you for understanding.
zdfbxdjcgfgkdhkdgh
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 02:59
There is a forum member here testing it so Im hopeful its not far away,   and it looks like the Mavic 3 enterprise will launch on Monday and I doubt they would dare launch that with the issue as thats money to the pro's.

I don’t know if ‘pros” are djis biggest market. So maybe they should be more concerned about their biggest markets.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 03:16
I don’t know if ‘pros” are djis biggest market. So maybe they should be more concerned about their biggest markets.

But its likely to be a much more expensive drone, which may make up for it.   Either way they need to fix it.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 03:18
But its likely to be a much more expensive drone, which may make up for it.   Either way they need to fix it.

I’ve seen problems with these commercial drones including them being grounded. I just hope that they align the GPS issue with whatever is in this drone. I think it will come next week .
2022-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 03:32
I’ve seen problems with these commercial drones including them being grounded. I just hope that they align the GPS issue with whatever is in this drone. I think it will come next week .

I think it will come next week.
Is that based on anything concrete or do you just mean that you hope it is?
2022-3-19
Use props
mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I feel we have been kept in the dark because dji focus more on releasing new products! I've just read that a new mavic 3 enterprise is coming, how about fix the current model first...
2022-3-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 02:59
There is a forum member here testing it so Im hopeful its not far away,   and it looks like the Mavic 3 enterprise will launch on Monday and I doubt they would dare launch that with the issue as thats money to the pro's.

i don't know much about the dji pro products, do they usually keep the sw version the same as found in the consumer version?
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 3-19 07:27
i don't know much about the dji pro products, do they usually keep the sw version the same as found in the consumer version?

Some software will be utilised but they will also have different depending on what its needed or used for. Its rumoured this will be a Matrice 30, not a Mavic. Matrice normally has 2/3 gps units same with compass and IMU. They can also have more than one flight controller. Its difficult to see or realise what size this drone folded it looks similar to mavic but carrying the payload camera and two batteries it’s definitely bigger than a Mavic. This is one I’m keen to see.
2022-3-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

100 days???  

My calendar tells me something else...     
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It didn’t take long for the troll to resort to his usual effort of trying to derail threads. So much for his apology….
2022-3-19
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

frankymusik Posted at 3-19 08:58
100 days???  

My calendar tells me something else...

As hours, your calendar is correct. But I count the days. Entirely December 10 and fully March 19.
2022-3-19
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear you but the fact that a firmware is out in beta testing gives hope. We know it will be fixed but Yes when will it arrive.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-19 03:59
I think it will come next week.
Is that based on anything concrete or do you just mean that you hope it is?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 495&pid=2695934

This guy said last Thursday it would be here within a week.
2022-3-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

KokoFresha Posted at 3-19 09:42
As hours, your calendar is correct. But I count the days. Entirely December 10 and fully March 19.

I counted now.  
You're right.  
Unbelievable...   
2022-3-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first 100 days...
2022-3-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-19 08:54
Kindly know that part of this post is against forum regulation (Section III, Paragraph 16-attached). Hopefully you can correct that. Thanks.

In terms of when the update will arrive, we are still a minimum one week away from the information I’ve been given (along with firmware builds).  Hopefully you might be able to clarify where you think that it’s coming this week? Thanks again.

Hi AerialZup2, as a new member to this forum (I see you are "lvl. 1"), I wish to welcome you here.

I would advise and encourage you as a first time member it would better serve to spend a bit of time getting to know the personalities and expertise of our members before being concerned about the violations of participation.  Hallmark is one member of many here with much experience and lots of valuable knowledge.  Our legacy participants typically participate in robust conversations and occasional disagreement, but they all have their points of view that add value to our discussions.

The more time you spend here the more you will be able to identify the REAL unacceptable behavior and the individual(s) who repeatedly manifest such behavior.  In particular we have had a member join under different accounts and gets repeatedly banned for truly vile and unacceptable behavior.  THAT is the behavior that I would suggest you should be on the lookout for and discourage when it re-appears.

Again welcome to our forum.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-19 12:16
That was me. I said "Hopefully" another week to go. I didn't say it would be here within a week. 2 very different things.

Please don’t respond to my comments anymore. What I said coming off what you said. And its hard to know its you because you have so many different accounts running as the OP said.

"Fingers crossed this coming week will fix things" .

Now please let the thread run instead of your constant trolling.
2022-3-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am an "ordinary" user who has decided to wait for the official release instead of obtaining an early preview.  I was on a business trip for the past week, and couldn't avail myself of the opportunity anyways.  I agree that there isn't a second chance to make a first impression, but I hope that when we get our fixes, our frustrations will become memories the more we use what will hopefully become a truly viable product.
2022-3-19
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-19 12:50
Thank you. I do wish to point out: There can be a big difference as to what someone is saying was said, and what someone "actually" said. Pointing that out doesn't make one a "troll". It is a misapplication of the term.
But thank you nonetheless. Hopefully the firmware will come in a week. (I trust that is clear to some people  )

I look forward to the new firmware.  I appreciate the efforts that have been made for an "advanced look" by some members (THANK YOU).  The GPS issue is not a lot of noise over a small issue, as this is a serious issue with a lot of negative attention.

I appreciate you sharing any inside knowledge you have on the subject, and respect you keeping your sources confidential.

DJI isn't going to publicly share their delivery schedule for firmware (which can cause a great deal of aggravation), but this is not unusual behavior for businesses.  The following is fairly boiler plate language for businesses:

"No other terms, conditions, statements or any other such representations regarding [product] apply. [Company] cannot make any commitments about future product directions, including plans to address defects or the availability of patches. Product direction remains at the sole discretion of [Company]."
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 03:32

I think that too.   Surens early access seems proof of that its coming soon.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 09:13
It didn’t take long for the troll to resort to his usual effort of trying to derail threads. So much for his apology….

Oh no,   Hes back again.  
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 08:07
Some software will be utilised but they will also have different depending on what its needed or used for. Its rumoured this will be a Matrice 30, not a Mavic. Matrice normally has 2/3 gps units same with compass and IMU. They can also have more than one flight controller. Its difficult to see or realise what size this drone folded it looks similar to mavic but carrying the payload camera and two batteries it’s definitely bigger than a Mavic. This is one I’m keen to see.

Have you seen the render that seems to match the launch email image?

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/17/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-drone/
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 00:16
Oh no,   Hes back again.

Yes the troll baiting continues, best ignored I think.
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 00:18

I have , it could still be called a Mavic, but it has to be bigger than a Mavic to carry the payload we see like the 3 way camera including Flir and two batteries, this is quite similar to Matrice that needs 2 batteries to fly. I would love to see something that you could change the Camera out . I’m interested to see the price and actual size . They are heavily marketing it I have now got 3 emails regarding the launch. Usually enterprise launches are geared towards industry.
2022-3-20
Use props
Guenther Jan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1601588 ft
Czechia

I just picked up the Mavic 3 few days ago and though it was broken at first. 5 minutes for a GPS lock the next flight it was 10. I was about to return it when I figured I would try google. I like the drone and image quality. But that GPS compares to mavic 1 is horrendous
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 06:08
Yes the troll baiting continues, best ignored I think.

Indeed,  theres a few now I just dont reply to.
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 06:15
I have , it could still be called a Mavic, but it has to be bigger than a Mavic to carry the payload we see like the 3 way camera including Flir and two batteries, this is quite similar to Matrice that needs 2 batteries to fly. I would love to see something that you could change the Camera out . I’m interested to see the price and actual size . They are heavily marketing it I have now got 3 emails regarding the launch. Usually enterprise launches are geared towards industry.

I suspect we'll just see the Mavic 3 version of the Mavic 2 EA which has a dual camera and the ability to carry some accessories.
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 00:18

They got it badly wrong. I thought it was matrice alright. 9k euro its pretty sweet.
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mattft86 Posted at 3-19 06:11
I feel we have been kept in the dark because dji focus more on releasing new products! I've just read that a new mavic 3 enterprise is coming, how about fix the current model first...

Its not a Mavic 3 enterprise. Its a Matrice 30 and contrary to what’s been said the identical chipset is not the same in this as is in the M3.
CAC60A9F-6303-4D05-8FB4-A3DDEF0F4AC7.jpeg

2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 05:48
They got it badly wrong. I thought it was matrice alright. 9k euro its pretty sweet.

Probably just a matter of time before we see the Mavic 3 EA,  they've already stopped selling parts for the Mavic 2 EA.
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 3-21 23:52
Probably just a matter of time before we see the Mavic 3 EA,  they've already stopped selling parts for the Mavic 2 EA.

Unless they’re hoping for others to move up to this machine .
2022-3-22
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 02:25
Yes 100 days, some suffering worse than others. Hopefully this will change sometime next week. Its a shame that dji don’t show more interest in directly dealing with their customers, and by that I mean explanations to those here on this forum owners of many drones , loyal customers kept in the dark and fed crumbs on rare occasions. This is a pi$$ poor communication’s problem dji have and the strange thing about it is it will never change.
I do think there is something bigger going on here. In recent days dji have issued new FW for other drones including mini2 air2 air2s etc and if you update you will no longer be able to go back to older FW. This only ever happened once that I remember in 7/8 years and it was to meet some regulations . I think remote ID may be coming soon as a requirement , it might take 6 months but dji have a habit of being previous when it comes to regulations. So we will have to see.

Only wish all DJI Drones would have Open Source firmware…
Anyone else feeling the same?
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yaros1 Posted at 3-22 05:24
Only wish all DJI Drones would have Open Source firmware…
Anyone else feeling the same?

I think with dji being a private company, they tend to guard their secrets. The have a lot to lose, we have seen over the years breeches of their security which seem to happen very easily and this could have an enormous affect on all of their drones including the one you’re flying.
But yes it would be great, but I cannot see it happening accept slowly as it is now. There was a time in 2016 SDK was released almost immediately with the drones, and plenty of good things happened for their drones, but then a security breech and it changed.
2022-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules