Camera features
738 15 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718330 ft
Australia

I bought my Mavic 3 for stills. I'm really happy with the results that I am getting but wonder if any new features are likely to be added in firmware updates. A couple that come to mind are:

1. being able to set the bracket speed on bracketing rather than only 0.7
2. allowing customisation of file names. DJI_... which gets reset to zero every time a card is formatted is suboptimal. It makes extra work each time I upload images.

Theses are two, I think, simple things which wouldbe a great usability improvement
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jeffg53. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition, I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-3-19
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hey Jeff you have certainly come to the right place hopefully the the moderators pick that up and send to the design teams.

I too take stills and think I will buy the the Mavic 3. The 7x lens is a gem in disguise I reckon. You can do this manually but I would really love DJI to introduce a "Mosaic" function which automatically sets the 7x lens to take a matrix of images covering the center of the frame and a view of somewhere around 2x-3x you could then merge those images in a panorama software and have a REALLY high quality image covering 2x-3x of the scene. This would then allow you to crop off what you don't want and effectively have a high quality image regardless of where your subject is within say 2x to 6x of the main view.  If DJI don't do it chances are Litchi might when (if) they get hold of a SDK. Would also be great to have manual exposure and RAW on the 7x

If they do that it will provide a unique stills photography experience that I don't think we have ever seen on a drone before. The ability to take high resolution images in that 2x-6x space, the resolution being higher the less magnified view you chose to capture.

While we wish for these embellishments may be something that appears on the next Mavic iteration...
2022-3-19
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 21:46
Hello there Jeffg53. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition, I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen. I hope that they do get included. They would be a great usability improvement and make the M3 look like a serious camera.
2022-3-19
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Bussty Posted at 3-19 21:54
Hey Jeff you have certainly come to the right place hopefully the the moderators pick that up and send to the design teams.

I too take stills and think I will buy the the Mavic 3. The 7x lens is a gem in disguise I reckon. You can do this manually but I would really love DJI to introduce a "Mosaic" function which automatically sets the 7x lens to take a matrix of images covering the center of the frame and a view of somewhere around 2x-3x you could then merge those images in a panorama software and have a REALLY high quality image covering 2x-3x of the scene. This would then allow you to crop off what you don't want and effectively have a high quality image regardless of where your subject is within say 2x to 6x of the main view.  If DJI don't do it chances are Litchi might when (if) they get hold of a SDK. Would also be great to have manual exposure and RAW on the 7x

Fingers crossed. This is the first drone that I thought could be a serious camera. It is now but could be a whole lot better. The things that I am asking for are pretty basic.The lack of them is really sad.
2022-3-19
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Jeffg53 Posted at 3-19 22:02
Fingers crossed. This is the first drone that I thought could be a serious camera. It is now but could be a whole lot better. The things that I am asking for are pretty basic.The lack of them is really sad.

As you say fingers crossed. I think the bracketing function is pretty easy, if DJI don't do it Litchi will. The file naming thing... over the years I have had numerous issues with unique numbering so now when I import any file (drone or camera image) using my Olympus Workspace app I set it to automatically add the date to the front of any image file so 2022-3-20DJI9867.dng  seems to work well and you are not beholden to your drone/camera resetting file number sequences.
2022-3-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am getting but wonder if any new features are likely to be added in firmware updates.
Probably not.
Users have made those same suggestions for more than 7 years and DJI haven't shown any interest in making those changes.
On top of that DJI have reduced the camera features  that users want or need.
2022-3-19
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Bussty Posted at 3-19 22:16
As you say fingers crossed. I think the bracketing function is pretty easy, if DJI don't do it Litchi will. The file naming thing... over the years I have had numerous issues with unique numbering so now when I import any file (drone or camera image) using my Olympus Workspace app I set it to automatically add the date to the front of any image file so 2022-3-20DJI9867.dng  seems to work well and you are not beholden to your drone/camera resetting file number sequences.

I will do something similar in Capture One. I’m loathe to use a any non-DJI app while i have coverage. Olympus workspace is interesting. I don’t use it and prefer C1. I tried it early and found it very clunky
2022-3-19
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-19 22:49
I am getting but wonder if any new features are likely to be added in firmware updates.
Probably not.
Users have made those same suggestions for more than 7 years and DJI haven't shown any interest in making those changes.

That’s a pity. I can live with it but it’s such a lost opportunity.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jeffg53 Posted at 3-19 22:53
I will do something similar in Capture One. I’m loathe to use a any non-DJI app while i have coverage. Olympus workspace is interesting. I don’t use it and prefer C1. I tried it early and found it very clunky

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. We care much about your feedback on our product and service. I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great ideas.
2022-3-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 3-19 23:57
Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience. We care much about your feedback on our product and service. I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.

Great, thanks.
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It has been mentioned as a request before, so maybe. For me I would like to add focus bracketing and some colour profile in jpeg ie BW/ Velvia Astia etc these were available on Mavic 1. Being able to see how a BW photo might look is a good feature to have.
2022-3-20
Use props
Jeffg53
lvl.2
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 02:31
It has been mentioned as a request before, so maybe. For me I would like to add focus bracketing and some colour profile in jpeg ie BW/ Velvia Astia etc these were available on Mavic 1. Being able to see how a BW photo might look is a good feature to have.

No argument from me, being a recent arrival, I don’t know what has gone before, but I do have a reasonable idea of what features ate needed for a good camera.
2022-3-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jeffg53 Posted at 3-19 21:56
Thanks Stephen. I hope that they do get included. They would be a great usability improvement and make the M3 look like a serious camera.

Hi there Jeffg53. Thank you for the reply and you are welcome. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-3-23
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

In terms of camera features, this is a list of things I would like to see DJI add to the future firmware update:

- RAW support for 7X telephoto lens
- manual exposure control for 7X telephoto lens
- add lens profile in DNG files captured by ultra-wide lens
- timelapse support for ultra-wide lens
- add "tripod mode" (Cine mode is still too fast)
- waypoints support
- customizable control wheel (for exposure compensation)
- ability to disable downward sensor (for hand catch)
2022-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules