Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren,

Your clear communications, persistence, and tenacity helped get DJI to get this done.  Thank you!!!

558f027cc10c9600b1fa70f39ef2f0fb.jpeg
2022-3-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

for me, i feel like he is the voice of reason.  whatever is going on in the conversation, if he chimes in....then it has a certain effect on the tone.  he's on nobody's side and everybody is on his side.  perhaps that is what happened here, when dji is looking for someone to deal with around here, only a few people would rate (not me).
2022-3-23
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll join the Suren appreciation bandwagon :-)  You have added value and insight, and you have been adept at not escalating (or de-escalating) conversations from entering into personal and heated levels.
2022-3-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

I like Suren as much as the next guy but I would just say I think we are really giving ourselves way too much credit on this forum. Only a couple dozen people post here, and most of us are just hobbyists. I imagine the impact these forums had on the previous firmware update was extremely minimal. If the forums were completely dead I would expect everything to happen exactly as it has. DJI is a company of roughly 14,000 employees, and 17 offices spread across the globe. That likely doesn't include contract workers who may handle some of their low level tech/customer support. Of course it helps that our complaints here lined up with many others around the world and online regarding the same gps issue, but to think we somehow are the cause of the recent update would be to grossly misunderstand the size and scale of DJI and their operations, and of how these types of things are handled at that scale. I am not minimizing the efforts of many here, just trying to point out what is most likely a lot closer to reality. This firmware was coming whether any of us were here posting or not. We do need more people like Suren on these boards though. We have a lot of trolls, and I would love if their voices were drowned out more by folks like suren and other good posters here who actually offer something, and post stuff worth reading. These forums are still often filled with far too much garbage posts.
2022-3-23
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you everyone but as ,much as I appreciate it- Tony and others I still maintain that together we can as Customers make our voices heard, just one person cannot make a difference and it can only happen when we stand together. It does take persevearance and that's what we all had together as a TEAM
T - Together
E- Everyone
A - Achieves
M - More
2022-3-23
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Tony, I really appreciate you and this post mate
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Suren,

Your clear communications, persistence, and tenacity helped get DJI to get this done.  Thank you!!!

I'll second that and I don't even own a M3 yet!
2022-3-23
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Suren
2022-3-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 3-23 11:13
Suren,

still waiting?  i waited for this gps fix and i bought m3 last week so i'll give it a few weeks to see if it flies, are you waiting for some other reason?
2022-3-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-23 10:19
Thank you everyone but as ,much as I appreciate it- Tony and others I still maintain that together we can as Customers make our voices heard, just one person cannot make a difference and it can only happen when we stand together. It does take persevearance and that's what we all had together as a TEAM
T - Together
E- Everyone

2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 3-23 12:19
still waiting?  i waited for this gps fix and i bought m3 last week so i'll give it a few weeks to see if it flies, are you waiting for some other reason?

Still waiting?...

Our suppliers in NZ tell me they still have the original first batch of Mavic 3's

I'm just going to wait until the next batch is in manufactured say from Feb onward. Just probably superstition more than anything :-)
2022-3-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-23 09:36
I like Suren as much as the next guy but I would just say I think we are really giving ourselves way too much credit on this forum. Only a couple dozen people post here, and most of us are just hobbyists. I imagine the impact these forums had on the previous firmware update was extremely minimal. If the forums were completely dead I would expect everything to happen exactly as it has. DJI is a company of roughly 14,000 employees, and 17 offices spread across the globe. That likely doesn't include contract workers who may handle some of their low level tech/customer support. Of course it helps that our complaints here lined up with many others around the world and online regarding the same gps issue, but to think we somehow are the cause of the recent update would be to grossly misunderstand the size and scale of DJI and their operations, and of how these types of things are handled at that scale. I am not minimizing the efforts of many here, just trying to point out what is most likely a lot closer to reality. This firmware was coming whether any of us were here posting or not. We do need more people like Suren on these boards though. We have a lot of trolls, and I would love if their voices were drowned out more by folks like suren and other good posters here who actually offer something, and post stuff worth reading. These forums are still often filled with far too much garbage posts.

Well Tornado...lots of what you said is true, but....given all the complaining that can take place, I think it is just as important to say thanks to those that stick to the subject, and are respectful and factual like Suren.  

And sure, it would have eventually gotten fixed with or without the forum, but every piece of consumer sentiment that helps them prioritize what gets fixed and when must add up to a result.  Maybe?

2022-3-23
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you suren... ...
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shouldn't that be the DroneBuffer appreciation thread?
2022-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-23 10:20
Thank you Tony, I really appreciate you and this post mate

Congrats Suren.   
2022-3-24
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 00:57
Shouldn't that be the DroneBuffer appreciation thread?

Shhh , I'm undercover, I told you
2022-3-24
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-23 19:27
Well Tornado...lots of what you said is true, but....given all the complaining that can take place, I think it is just as important to say thanks to those that stick to the subject, and are respectful and factual like Suren.  

And sure, it would have eventually gotten fixed with or without the forum, but every piece of consumer sentiment that helps them prioritize what gets fixed and when must add up to a result.  Maybe?

I agree with everything you've said here yes. I have seen some though who seem to think DJI are sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see what a dozen or two people on the forums think. I just wanted to point out the scale factor, but I agree 100% with all the sentiments you expressed here.
2022-3-24
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Way to go Suren!!!! Your dedication, inspiration, and hard work are paying off!!!
I join as well the bandwagon !!!

More people like you are needed !!

Congrats !!
2022-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Count me  in
2022-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-24 03:29
Shhh , I'm undercover, I told you

oops,   Sorry.   
2022-3-24
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2022-3-24
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 3-24 04:38
Way to go Suren!!!! Your dedication, inspiration, and hard work are paying off!!!
I join as well the bandwagon !!!

2022-3-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

woah!!!  how did i miss that?  suren = dronebuffer?  i thought nz was becoming a dji bastion of great knowledge with new members....
2022-3-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-24 13:22
woah!!!  how did i miss that?  suren = dronebuffer?  i thought nz was becoming a dji bastion of great knowledge with new members....

You were not the only one that missed it until Dronebuffer replied in thread!  I will miss the Suren call sign!  : )
2022-3-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 3-24 14:59
You were not the only one that missed it until Dronebuffer replied in thread!  I will miss the Suren call sign!  : )

Call Sign back again
2022-3-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 3-24 20:00
Call Sign back again

Hey!  Where did Dronebuffer go!!!   
2022-3-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 3-24 20:06
Hey!  Where did Dronebuffer go!!!

He took.a break and put me back in charge, he is busy Buffering
2022-3-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 3-24 13:22

2022-3-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Confusion avoided!  Good call!
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now